Thread: search disabled, need help with CDV

My Cars
    1997 328is Blk/Blk

search disabled, need help with CDV

i am goign to be putting in a new clutch, LTWFlywheel, BMP racing tranny support and bushings, and UUC SS clutch line and want to do my CDV at the same time. only problem is i dont really know anything about it just that if a good little doit yourself mod.

can someone point me in the right direction of a thread about doing it or just briefly tell me what to do real quick. thanks in advance
    -Marc

My Cars
    1997 328is Blk/Blk
    what exactly do i need to do, do i just remove the valve and then what, hook the line back up without it? i checked this http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm but it is for modifying a CDV and that seems like a lot of work, ive heard this is an easy thing where you remove the CDV.....errr i am doing this on friday and i need to know what to do... thanks

My Cars
    BMW 328ic
    The E39 uses a hard line and needs to have a valve there unless you want to bend the metal line. The E36 uses a rubber line so there is no need to use a modified CDV. Remove CDV and connect the line directly. Take CDV and throw it away.

My Cars
    E46
    I did this to my car a few months ago. Like nordique14 said, just remove the cdv which is located between the hard line on the clutch slave cylinder and the flexible rubber clutch line. Then re-attatch the rubber line to the hard line and bleed the slave cylinder to remove any air trapped in the line.

My Cars
    '12 135i
    Is there a link for bleeding the slave cylinder? Is it in the Bentley?
    -Jeff
    '12 135i (Space Grey): Stock
    '98 323is (Schwartz II) (Sold ): UUC SSK w/ clutch stop, UUC UDPs, Cosmos short ram intake, Fan delete, M3 cats and exhaust, M50 manifold, CDV delete, H&R Sport + Bilstein sports
    Smoke corners, clear sides and tails, rear lip spoiler, Umnitza depo euro ellipsoids w/ DDEs, Apexcone DDM HID 6000k, black grills, M3 front bumper, mirrors, and rear diffuser, CSL reps

'04 M3 (Estoril) (Sold ): SMG, Meisterschaft SUS exhaust, GC coilovers, Hotchkiss sway bars, Brembo BBK w/ Estoril calipers
    Estoril side reflectors & headlight trim, Rep Strassentech front lip, Vorsteiner CSL trunklid and rear diffuser, ACS roof spoiler, automatic rear sunshade, HRE 545R

My Cars
    2005 wrx, 2010 MS 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejaff
    Is there a link for bleeding the slave cylinder? Is it in the Bentley?
    Funny that you asked. I was just looking at that too. Here is a link

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...utch_Slave.htm

It seems simple enough. That pelican's tech articles are the one I use extensively. I can't wait till the book is out. I need it badly. I'm tire of carrying my laptops around to do repairs.

My Cars
    '12 135i
    From reading that article and the one about bleeding the brake system, it looks to me like the master cynlinder is the same. Is it possible to bleed the clutch system by bleeding the brakes?
    -Jeff
    '12 135i (Space Grey): Stock
    '98 323is (Schwartz II) (Sold ): UUC SSK w/ clutch stop, UUC UDPs, Cosmos short ram intake, Fan delete, M3 cats and exhaust, M50 manifold, CDV delete, H&R Sport + Bilstein sports
    Smoke corners, clear sides and tails, rear lip spoiler, Umnitza depo euro ellipsoids w/ DDEs, Apexcone DDM HID 6000k, black grills, M3 front bumper, mirrors, and rear diffuser, CSL reps

'04 M3 (Estoril) (Sold ): SMG, Meisterschaft SUS exhaust, GC coilovers, Hotchkiss sway bars, Brembo BBK w/ Estoril calipers
    Estoril side reflectors & headlight trim, Rep Strassentech front lip, Vorsteiner CSL trunklid and rear diffuser, ACS roof spoiler, automatic rear sunshade, HRE 545R

My Cars
    1984 BMW 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by thejaff
    From reading that article and the one about bleeding the brake system, it looks to me like the master cynlinder is the same. Is it possible to bleed the clutch system by bleeding the brakes?
    No.

The clutch system and the brake system are separate and independent. separate master cyliders, separate slave cylinders / pistons.