Thread: Glove box compartment...

My Cars
    01 740i,97 Z3, 07 X3

Glove box compartment...

Hey guys, after I did Insp. II on my car and changed the microfilter my glove box compartment doesn't close the way it used to. What I mean is it doesn't go all the way up at the point that I can see the screws that hold the compartment.

Question: Do i need to dismount the glove compartment and tight something in the inside? Anybody with same problem?

///Andre325i:

My Cars
    E36 332is, E46 328i, VW Passat Turbo
    The EXACT same thing happened to me when I changed the microfilter. I tried removing the glove box again and reinstalling, no luck. I've tightened or loosened every screw involved in hopes of finding the cure, nothing. Let me know if you find a solution...
    Keith White
    #91 Street Modified Utah SCCA

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    hey guys....someone sent me the fix to this problem via email although i haven't tried it yet (haven't had time b/c of school)....if u want....email me at saeed@ucsd.edu and i'll forward it to u guys...take it easy!

My Cars
    '14 Jeep GC+'16 VW Golf
    I received the "fix" from seedster, and I think I am going to give it a shot this weekend....it makes sense,when you think about it, that it would do the trick...I will give an update, once I get done...

vapor

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    thanks man....i'd love to hear if it works or not

My Cars
    01 740i,97 Z3, 07 X3
    Yeah Vapor, I'm really interested on hearing some feedback on this fix. Good luck.

I am hoping to get the forward from Seed. If so I will post before, during and after pics for anyone else thinking about trying this.
    Have a nice weekend guys!

My Cars
    01 740i,97 Z3, 07 X3
    Alex '94 / Vapor ==> Did you had any luck with the fix??

I haven't done anything with it yet, although in looking at the fix and looking at my car, it should do the trick.
    Instead I have been getting the inspection II done, airbag replaced (took 2 weeks), Drive belt replaced and on Monday I have to get a tranny seal and the Guibo replaced.
    However, I will try to do it Saturday morning, in addition to tracing my alarm wire for Nick325ic.
    Sorry Seeds to not be able to give you feedback on this fix yet.
    Stay posted guys and I will tell you what I can on Monday at the latest.