Thread: Omega Keyless Entry still not working, Please help!

My Cars
    1991 318is

Omega Keyless Entry still not working, Please help!

I posted a message for help a couple of weeks ago, but did not get much reply. I still can’t figure out what is going on so I thought I would try again. Before the Omega install all the door locks worked fine with the exception of the drives door which was sticky. The trunk lock worked great and operated the other locks perfectly. I installed the Omega unit in the trunk following the instructions on Zoso’s site. It all went smoothly and appeared to work without a hitch. HOWEVER, a week later I realized that the keyless remote was not locking or unlocking the trunk. Also, when I used the key in the trunk it would not lock or unlock the doors anymore. Things have appeared to get worse. Now I can only intermittently lock the trunk at all. I have taken everything apart but can’t figure out what is going on. Everything seems to be working fine from where I made the connection forward, it is jus the trunk that is an issue. I don’t really understand how the trunk mechanism works. Could I have ruined it with my installation? Is it possible that it just happened to go bad at the same time? Any ideas on what might be causing the problem or how I can figure it out. I would REALLY appreciate any help. It is driving me crazy. THANKS!

My Cars
    1987 325is
    If it does not lock or unlock even with the key, it sound like a separate issue from the Omega. Did you adjust the bar on the trunk part of the lock recently? It could be an adjustment issue. If the trunks is set too tight, it can hang up the lock.
    Does the lock actuator work when you have the trunk open?

My Cars
    88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 86 325, 2002 WRX wagon
    I agree. I just put a keyless entry system on last night. I had to fix the central locking before I could install it. I found broken wires at the control module. Go in the Bentley to like 15-56 or somewhere near that is a whiring diagram. If the other doors still unlock, then the signal to the car's central locking system is OK. And since the doors still unlock and lock ok, the system's output is ok. So somwhere between it's unlock/lock output and your lock motor there is a problem. Best bet is get a voltmeter and check if the motor is getting power and signal. If everything looks proper, then maybe take a look at the actuator/motor itself. Open the trunk and watch if it even moves or not. If you didn't unbolt the the unit when you installed the keyless system, it shouldn't be out of adjustment.

I'm assuming you hooked the keyless lock/unlock wires to the green wires (green/violet and green/black if i remember correctly). If you did, your keyless install was good...and the front doors work....so i would leave the keyless system alone.