Thread: S54 Rod Bearing Recall

My Cars
    '98 Turbo M3, '17 M3

S54 Rod Bearing Recall

I am swaping a S54 into my E36. I am needing some information about the Rod Bearing Recall. The motor is already out of the car, so I do not have a vin # to see if the recall has been preformed. I do know that the motor has a build date of 03/02 and has about 50,000 miles.

So my question is...Is there any way to tell if the motor has had the recall preformed (ie a stamp, tag, or some markings)?

My Cars
    don't ask
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 Muscle
    I am swaping a S54 into my E36. I am needing some information about the Rod Bearing Recall. The motor is already out of the car, so I do not have a vin # to see if the recall has been preformed. I do know that the motor has a build date of 03/02 and has about 50,000 miles.

So my question is...Is there any way to tell if the motor has had the recall preformed (ie a stamp, tag, or some markings)?
    There should be a VIN # stamped on the block. Read it and take it to the dealer to see if it was performed.
    -Peter

Current toy: none
    Past cars: 88 M3, 99 M3 x2, 04 M3, 91 NSX, 06 S2000, 01 911TT, 06 Exige, 00 NSX, 04 GT3

My Cars
    '98 Turbo M3, '17 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by GotBHP?
    There should be a VIN # stamped on the block. Read it and take it to the dealer to see if it was performed.
    Thanks, I didn't know that BMW blocks had vin #'s. Most manufacturers have engine #'s, but you can never get crossed back to the vin #.