Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 330ci to M3 Conversion

My Cars
    01 M3, 02 330ci, 07 335i
    Wow! You really did your homework. Don't take it so personal, SIP. Take some chill pill instead.
    I'll tell you more about my 335i coupe once I pick it up this weekend.
    Last edited by BOBSKI; 01-23-2007 at 03:28 AM.

My Cars
    e4sizzle
    the csl bumper will do more then enough...thats all you need
    2000 328ci: stage one clutch, lightened flywheel, uuc ssk, clears all around, shadow grills, dinan software, AC Schnitzer rear strut bar, H&R race springs, 18inch gunmetal style #67

got german? : member #2

My Cars
    MZ4C, Veloster, Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSKI View Post
    Visit DINAN website. Besides, I said "I FELT (noticed) the difference." It's just my own opinion. There's no need to get technical about it. I also wanna get some conversation going to increase my Posts.
    Ah. "Felt." Just as I thought.

You made it sound like it's empirical evidence. Smells more like BS to me.

Quit passing that "stuff" around like it's the truth. Dinan does not advertise that the "M-Tech" aero bumper add any horsepower and YOU KNOW IT.
    "Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.

My Cars
    E46 M54 3.0L Ci ZHP Sapphireschawarz
    Quote Originally Posted by sj330ci View Post
    if you want an m3 so badly, keep the 330ci's chronic and clean bodywork stock and just supercharge it
    I think this is the best advice.

This way you get the sleeper effect to boot!!

Don't dump money into a conversion....you'll have a hell of a time selling the car to a discerning buyer...I can see the ad now:

"M3 Conversion for sale. Why buy a real one when you can just buy mine for the same money because I'm trying to recoupe all the money it cost me to buy all the parts and repaint them the right colour as well as everything it cost me to buy the engine, ship it and install it and get the suspension retuned to match BMW factory standards."

My Cars
    E46 M54 3.0L Ci ZHP Sapphireschawarz
    Quote Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
    Ah. "Felt." Just as I thought.

You made it sound like it's empirical evidence. Smells more like BS to me.

Quit passing that "stuff" around like it's the truth. Dinan does not advertise that the "M-Tech" aero bumper add any horsepower and YOU KNOW IT.
    Now now...read his post again. He says nothing about the m tech II and he's talking about the seat of the pants feel from all the Dinan upgrades.

EDIT - wait yes he does...that's kinda goofy sorry for the hand slappy.

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSKI View Post
    Wow! You really did your homework. Don't take it so personal, SIP. Take some chill pill instead.
    I'll tell you more about my 335i coupe once I pick it up this weekend.
    I didn't need to do much homework.

Is your 335 going to be an auto too lol

My Cars
    '99 323i (e46)
    check out the red 330i zhp sedan on e46fanatics.com, mod'ed to look like an m3. I'd take do that shit in a heartbeat, makes more since to do that to a 4 door tho.

Damn I want a ZHP, you fancy sob's.

My Cars
    Wrx, jeep wrangler, dodg

Same idea

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyspartan2 View Post
    Im looking to buy an 02 330ci. I've always liked the M3 but I don't have enough money for it. But I would like to fully convert the 330ci to make it look as close as possible to a M3. Including bodykits, wheels, performance, etc..

Is there anyone that has done this to their 330ci. Or if anyone can give me a site. Im looking for people who have only put M3 parts on their cars. Not people that put some M3 parts and then some other parts.

Thanks
    I'm looking at doing the same. I think it depends what country you live in and if you are willing to do the upgrades yourself. I'm currently sourcing a 330ci that I plan to upgrade the engine to an Ls3 with drivetrain accordingly (m3 diff with t56 tranny), also a bodykit, suspension and big brake upgrade.

If done myself, looking around 45k. Which is the average price for a "good" e46 m3 in Aus. And dare I say, i get something better than an M3 that I will know inside and out after the build.

If turns out to be an a little extra from money pit. Then so be it, i would not drive a stock vehicle m3 or not anyways.

My Cars
    1 e46 M3, and 1 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by bluskye View Post
    You do know after adding all that money into the car.... you could have just bought a used M3 right? You do know you will never get to the level of performance of a stock m3 without putting in major $$?

Anyways, try www.e46fanatics.com, they will be more your flavor of m3 wannabes. Im sure if honda accords and civics have the m3 fenders with gills, you can surely find a set for the 3 series.

I am still trying to find out how to turn water into a nice Australian Shiraz or German Riesling
    True for you but not everyone,

With how much M3's Are going for with high milage it'd be stupid to buy it outright today if he is planning to save money.

If this was 10 years ago I'd say sure buy the real damn thing.

After spending that much money for the swap would make sense if under two reasons..

A) You are doing it for the performance upgrades and not looks: In this case it makes sense because it doesn't matter what the car looks like. To give an idea.. an engine swap would probably cheaper than putting a stupid body kit that does nothing. Most that would laugh are snobs anyways that are too prissy and scared to mess with their cars.

B) You are savy about cars and /or willing to spend the money and time to learn: in this case it makes sense too because you'd do what it takes for an actually nice outcome and not give up halfway.

What you could do (most wouldn't) is buy a 330ci in the exact trim and year you want as an M3 (recommend as a weekend project car and not a daily driver).

Shop around for a salvage M3 from a junk yard, and get to town. Just make sure it's just body damage and nothing mechanic or electric that is required.

Good skills to have prior are welding, soldering, milling, electrical, and technical (little programming) skills.

For me the performance was really what I wanted. Someday making a GTR performance matched car. Not there yet but pretty damn close. I'd say mine could easily smoke other m3s in dymos. I can give a r**s a** for the exterior bumper and fender trims and haven't changed them.

Tbh after changing custom shocks, flashing unlocking the ms43 ECU with an exact engine swap (rebuilt inline 8), brakes w rotor, intake and coolant assembly, with several other things and it's better much cheaper than paying what people are for these days rn.

If you wanted to even save more money flashing your ECU to tune your engine to ZHP specs (without having to swap engine) would save a s*** ton of money and still be a fun drive.

My advice is don't listen to idiots telling you you can't, just know it's very difficult but if you want it bad enough you can make it happen. In highschool I had bought my first that was a 96 328i because it was cheaper on insurance back then (my parents were poor so no I had no backing I bought the car cutting grass for years myself). Believe it or not that old pos car beat brand new Shelby mustang, 911, and even an Audi R8. But tbh that car was extremely fun, took a beating, and felt faster with little to no mods. Believe it or not a kid with a brand new mustang V6 less than a year old car at the time (his parents bought him) had trash talked my car, totaled his when trying to drift. Everyone else at the time was scared to scratch their car bc it was secretly their daddy and mommy's money that was 60k+ brand new cars (private school kid problems).

Just don't recommend putting emblems on an empty shell. What matters most is what's under the hood, 2nd is what's between the steering wheel and driver's seat.

My Cars
    325is, 96 M3 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwspecter View Post

If this was 10 years ago I'd say sure buy the real damn thing.
    what if it was 15 years ago........
    BMW E30 325is M20B33 in the making....... ITB's, roller rockers and stroked to the hilt

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325I Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    what if it was 15 years ago........
    Lol!! Beating the dead horse...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12