Thread: Just installed ZKW + Predator Chromiums... wtf?

My Cars
    1998 Estoril M3

Just installed ZKW + Predator Chromiums... wtf?

Hey guys,

Just got some ZKW's + Predator Chromium + stonguard... but have a small problem.

When I first tested the DDE's, only two (out of the four) were working. I wiggled around the wires a bit and decided that I would take it back to Umnitza to see what the problem was. However, when I went to go take a picture with my camera, three out of the four were working when I tried again. (as you can see in the picture below)... Anyone know what might be causing this? Does the warm-up time still exist on the predator chromiums?

Also, included in the box of ZKW's were two plastic red things which I took a picture of. Anyone know what these are?

Thanks, Will.

1998 Estoril/Mulberry M3 Coupe
    Modifications: TC Kline S/A Coilovers, Eisenmann Race 2x76mm Exhaust, X-brace,
    ZKW Euro Ellipsoids + Predator Chromium DDE + Stonguard, 5000K Xtec Race HID Kit, Viper 791XV 2-way Paging System, CDV Delete,
    Debaffled Airbox, Clears
    Soon: ???

My Cars
    2007 335i Coupe
    The red things are to splice your city light's to your parking lights. It's the grey wire on the plug-n-play plugs they use. It is a little light inside your high beam that lights up.
    As for the DDE, I would guess some sort of loose connection, but if Umnitza is local to you stop by there and have them take a look. I don't really have any experience with DDE.
    2007 335i Space Grey Coupe
    2009 128i Alpine Weiss

My Cars
    97' M3 , 97' 328
    Send them back faulty dde ring.

My Cars
    1997 M3, 1985 318i
    Yeah, i'd say send it back to Umnitza....just my .02

Mods:
    CDV Delete. OEM X-brace. V2 Velocity Splitters. Alpine CDA-9856. Clears (all around). TC Kline S/A Coilovers(600#R,500#F) + Camber Plates. $200 beater e30 318i.

My Cars
    M3
    those 2 red thing are clamps to tie into your corner lights. i believe its the grey wire (from pnp) to grey wire with yellow or purple stripe (from corner light wiring)

My Cars
    M3
    Did you actually start the car or just turn on the lights?
    Steve

My Cars
    '97 ///M3, FB RX-7 (RIP)
    Check the ring. It might have cracked. I had an issue with that same exact ring. Umnitza took care of it.

My Cars
    1998 Estoril M3
    Quote Originally Posted by slcook54
    Did you actually start the car or just turn on the lights?

Yep, tried it both ways and still didn't work.

I'm gonna give Matt @ Umnitza a call tomorrow, thanks guys The only thing that I'm sorta pissed about is that I'm most likely going to have to remove/reinstall the headlight... the driver's side headlight is annoying as F*$@ to install because of that one innermost bolt..

ZKW Euro Ellipsoids + Predator Chromium DDE + Stonguard, 5000K Xtec Race HID Kit, Viper 791XV 2-way Paging System, CDV Delete,
    Debaffled Airbox, Clears

My Cars
    E70d
    The same one on my ZKW / Lightning Enhanced Plus is "out". Well its very dim for a long time then it comes to its senses once I talk dirty to it

Give that a try.

My Cars
    2016 340i xDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHFH
    Yep, tried it both ways and still didn't work.

I'm gonna give Matt @ Umnitza a call tomorrow, thanks guys The only thing that I'm sorta pissed about is that I'm most likely going to have to remove/reinstall the headlight... the driver's side headlight is annoying as F*$@ to install because of that one innermost bolt..
    Really? It's not bad at all man. It takes me all of five minutes to get both headlights out. Do you have the stock airbox?

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Im pretty sure the red clips are called "tap-in connectors" could be wrong though

My Cars
    1998 Estoril M3
    Quote Originally Posted by uansari1
    Really? It's not bad at all man. It takes me all of five minutes to get both headlights out. Do you have the stock airbox?
    Yep I've got the stock airbox . I had to remove the airbox altogether to access that last bolt. I also dropped one of the bolts down into the depths of my engine bay, but after looking for 30 minutes i gave up and just used one of the extra ones I had.

Debaffled Airbox, Clears

My Cars
    94 325IS, 97 M3

Zkw

Taken back to Umnitza, ask Matt to take a look at them. I had the same problem and they tested tehm and replaced them right there. Matt is a very nice guy he will work with you.

Fhiserbln is right these connectors are to connect the Predator to the coner lights(parking lights) that way they will only go on withiut the need to putting the head lights on.
    Jose, San Jose, Ca

My Cars
    '13 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jszy25
    Im pretty sure the red clips are called "tap-in connectors" could be wrong though
    I've heard them referred to as vampire connectors, which is an appropriate analogy.
    2013 BMW M3 Coupe : Interlagos Blue : Silver Norvillo : 6MT : Competition Package
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    pics of M3

My Cars
    M5, E61
    all fixed

My Cars
    1998 Estoril M3
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    all fixed
    Yep, took it back to Umnitza and they fixed it willingly on the spot. Thanks again Matt, I'm sure I'll buy more from you in the future.

Umnitza = highly reccommended... devilishly good customer service.

Debaffled Airbox, Clears

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    do u have hids, or is that color from the zkws? cuz i want to buy the same thing but idk if i should also buy an hid kit.