Thread: E36 M3....fun little ego booster

My Cars
    '98 Acura CL

E36 M3....fun little ego booster

I know i know i shouldnt be pickin on cars that i know the outcome. And honestly, i didnt mean to. He asked for it. We were lined up at the light and i fully expected him to give his all off the line but nooooo....he has to wait till we're into second to drop the hammer.... silly salesman (had dealer ID permanant tags.....sticker in the widow...cleaner than clean). He held up very well as is par for the M3s at that speed. But once ole 3rd came around it was not a happy moment for him. He let out immediately after i began to pull hard on him and wouldnt catch back up. I gave him a thumbs up and a peace sign as i turned off. Nice little adrelanie boost to jump start the evening. Till next time.....Peace. :

PS....Went by the pet shop today at lunch and met my match though we didnt race. Spankin new GT Stang slammed on AR Torque Thrust IIs, Altezzas (ruined the car if you ask me) but the important part was what was on the A pillar....a big honkn boost guage. I saw him inside and we got to talking.....Vortech V2 SQ pushn 12 psi through an aftercooler.....431 rwhp. Nice. Cant wait to get blown myself oneday .
    '02 Z28 NBM 1SC "Stripper" car; bolts ons, Hooker Jet Hot coated longtubes, TSP true duals, 3.73 gear, NX wet kit, tuning and a set of Corbeau TRS's / Corbeau 5 point harnesses with cam-lock release.

Times: 8.4 @ 87.3 2.016 60 ft. (all motor/street tires)

Dyno: 352/367 hp/tq corrrected (all motor)

R.I.P 8/3/05

Acura CL black on black, gets 28 mpg, and slow as the day is long.

My Cars
    Nice, dude! Right before I got my Z3 3.0, I was about to invest about $7K into my 99 GT, Vortech V2 SQ, 10 psi, 3,73's, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, the drag radials I now use on my Z3 were in the garage for the GT, estimated at 410 rwhp when it was done, given that the shop that was gonna do the work, just did 3 other GT's just like it...

My Cars
    '98 Acura CL
    Funny how fate works sometimes. Youd be runnin similar times in both cars i think, but theres a lot more blown GTs runnin 11s than blown Bimmers doin the same. Coolness factor is definitly higher IMHO. What I cant wait for is to get a Stg II heads/cam kit for my LS1 and roll right with if not a bit ahead of those blower cars....ALLLLLL MOTOR BABY woohooo . Like yesterday....i simply cant imagine the look on that mans face had i asked him to race and he checked under my hood and saw.....well an LS1 motor and nothin else (nothign apparent anyhow). We get out there and were stuck next to each other all the way up. That would be(no will be ) priceless. Peace. :
    '02 Z28 NBM 1SC "Stripper" car; bolts ons, Hooker Jet Hot coated longtubes, TSP true duals, 3.73 gear, NX wet kit, tuning and a set of Corbeau TRS's / Corbeau 5 point harnesses with cam-lock release.

R.I.P 8/3/05

My Cars
    ?
    Hum, hum, isn't there a domestic musle forum somewhere in the net where you guy can go??:

My Cars
    '98 Acura CL
    Originally posted by r6e36
    Hum, hum, isn't there a domestic musle forum somewhere in the net where you guy can go??:

: Uhh sorry there bro. Didnt mean to piss in your corn flakes there. Yeah i know a few domestic forums, i go there too. But i kinda like it here as well. Hope you dont mind me borrown' your board and all. Sounds like somebody has had a few bitter moments at the hands of a domestic. Again, sorry. Peace. :

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Phatna's been here for a while. His stories are interesting and informative, no need to be pissy with him.

Nice cool response sir.

My Cars
    2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII, 2005 Chevy Z51 C6
    Originally posted by PHATNA-Z
    What I cant wait for is to get a Stg II heads/cam kit for my LS1 and roll right with if not a bit ahead of those blower cars....ALLLLLL MOTOR BABY woohooo .
    Wow, heads/cams will get you into the 11's? Any changes to your ECU (PCM if the naming convention's the same as on my old GTP).
    Rel
    1999 Titanium Silver ///M3 (SOLD)
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

2003 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Borla cat-back, AEM SRI, GReddy TT, Sony CDX-CA810X

2005 Lemans Blue Chevrolet Z51 Corvette

My Cars
    '98 Acura CL
    Originally posted by Rel44 M3

Wow, heads/cams will get you into the 11's? Any changes to your ECU (PCM if the naming convention's the same as on my old GTP).
    With traction....yes. And not just 11.9xx, ive watched multiple diffrent h/c LS1s go 11.50-11.70s. Depending on level of tune, how much porting, cam profile, other bolt ons etc a good number to expect is 415-430 rwhp. Some have topped 450 but thats the exception rathter than the rule. And what i meant by not telling the diffrence, there are no true aftermarket heads for the LS1 yet....they are all factory heads re-ported and CNC'd. So the finished product looks just like a factory original. The ultimate version of this ive seen is a local car built by More Performance....its an iron block stoker 409 ci motor w/ Stg III h/c kit....and looks just like any old LS1 under the hood. What they did was take a 6.0 L iron block used in the Vortec 6000 motors (three-quarter ton trucks and Suburbans get this block from the factory) and bore and stroke it. It makes 530 rwhp at 9.xx:1 compression.....i dont even like to think of the FI possibilities of that. The car its in is a stock as hell lookin 2000 SS but it runs 10.80s @ 125 mph. Oh well...its only $$$$$$$$$$. Peace. :

Edit....To answer your question yes its a complete retune of the factory computer....most for raising the rev limiter and relearing the much stouter cam. But with LS1 Edit out now, thats only a few strokes of the laptop buttons.

R.I.P 8/3/05

My Cars
    yeah, matt, you can spend under $30K for a new LS1 fbody with mods and be in the 11's...