Thread: Sydney: WSID Off Street drag racing Wednesday nights.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe

Sydney: WSID Off Street drag racing Wednesday nights.

Rules

• Ensure you bring your current driver’s licence and your current registration papers, or your current ANDRA licence and current ANDRA logbook. You will not be permitted to race without these documents.
    • If you intend to compete in a street-registered vehicle which is not registered in your name you must present a statement, written and signed by the registered owner of the vehicle, authorising you, by name, to race the vehicle at Western Sydney International Dragway and specifying the date of the event.
    • Cost to enter is $45. This fee covers the driver and two vehicle passes (race vehicle and one other car). Additional adult passes are $15 and may be purchased at time of entry. All other entry purchases must be made through the spectator entrance. No passes can be left at the gate. No additional vehicle passes can be purchased.
    • Entries will be taken from 5pm. Racing will commence at 6pm and continue to 10pm. Scrutineering will take place from 5pm through to 7.30pm.
    • Each competing vehicle will be entitled to two crew members. Crew members will be required to sign an indemnity and will be issued with wrist bands. This will allow them to accompany the vehicle to the start line area while the vehicle is racing.
    • There will only be 200 vehicles permitted per event.
    • No tow vehicles will be allowed at any time during the event.
    • Each competitor will be entitled to bring two vehicles into the pit area… the race vehicle and one other (eg. The truck on which the race vehicle was brought to the track).
    • Competing vehicles must be cars or motorcycles. The only open vehicles that will be allowed to compete are street-registered hot rods. Competition type vehicles such as Modified Eliminator vehicles will not be permitted.
    • All competitors must have a civil driver’s licence or an ANDRA licence as well as the current registration papers or ANDRA Log Book pertaining to the competing vehicle.
    • If the vehicle runs quicker than 11.99 seconds the driver is required to hold a current ANDRA licence. The motorcycle ET cut-off is 10.50 seconds for an ANDRA licence.
    • All vehicles must have an exhaust system with functional mufflers that will ensure the noise level does not exceed 95db.
    • Pass-outs will be available but re-entry to the venue will require the pass-out and the cancelled entry ticket.
    • Adult spectator passes will cost $15 with no concession. Children under 12 are admitted free.
    • Minimum personal protective equipment required for competitors:
    o Drivers – long trousers, long sleeve shirt or jacket, enclosed shoes and an approved crash helmet;
    o Motorcycle riders – long pants, motorcycle approved jacket, gloves, boots and an approved crash helmet.

Grounds for disqualification:
    • Taking short cuts through or across the pit area to rejoin staging lanes.
    • Removing your helmet before you have left the racing surface and braking area.
    • Using a mobile phone while on the racing surface, braking area or return road. Carrying a mobile phone in the vehicle to be raced is prohibited.
    • Failing to observe established speed limits within the venue. A speed limit of 20 kmh is to be observed on the return road and a limit of 10 kmh is to be observed in all other areas within the venue.

Please note:
    • Smoking is not permitted in the staging lanes or anywhere near the start line area.
    • Open shoes (eg. thongs and sandals) and sleeveless tops are not permitted on or near the start line area.

http://www.wsid.com.au/MajorEvent.as...ked&Page=Rules
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    I did two passes in Ben's E46 M3 on 1st February 2006:

14.024 @ 100.79 MPH with 2.353 short time - Density Altitude 2238'
    13.838 @ 100.98 MPH with 2.159 short time - Density Altitude 2088'

The car was bone stock and had 19" wheels with low profile tyres.

Me doing a burnout in Ben's E46 M3.

.-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Tore up the strip in Susan's 130 last week and had many interested competitors asking about the car. They found it hard to beleive it was a stock as a rock BMW .. with baby capsule on board!
    Last edited by MrBlonde; 05-26-2006 at 06:40 AM.