Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is something wrong with umnitza?

My Cars
    '99 328is 4dr

is something wrong with umnitza?

ok well ive heard things about umnitza, some people are telling me not to buy and some say its great, i hate to possibly give umnitza a bad rep, but i want to know before i make a purchase from them, so could you share your good and bad umnitza expierences with me? also, if not them, then who?
    1999 E46 328 sedan titanium silver metallic : supersprint exhaust, turner motorsports coldair intake, shark injector software, H&R racing suspension, EBC brakes, 18" BBS RG-R ROCK ON!! SOLD, now i drive the JEEP!!

My Cars
    B5 A4
    Something's wrong with the location of your thread.

(search)

Umnitza's been discussed a bajillion times on bf.c

My Cars
    2014 X1 xdrive/2013 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rinterr
    ok well ive heard things about umnitza, some people are telling me not to buy and some say its great, i hate to possibly give umnitza a bad rep, but i want to know before i make a purchase from them, so could you share your good and bad umnitza expierences with me? also, if not them, then who?
    I ordered the PnP wires for my Euro, fast shipping had no problem what so ever.

My buddy ordered them too, actuall got an email from them making sure he ment to order 2 PnPs before charging and shipping them
    (my buddy had the quanity at 2)

my 2 experiences with Umnitza

My Cars
    s50 e36
    I havent purchased from Umnitza yet. but i plan to in the near furture. Heard there great.

theres something wrong with where you posted this tho.

My Cars
    328i, 330i ZHP, X3
    ordered from them on 3 different occasions - each time I had serious problems. I would sum up umnitza by saying they are very sloppy with packaging and shipping items out (ie. sending the right products, including all items, quality checking, etc.).

BUT, I will say that they have excellent customer service. They are quick to reply to emails, and they also answer the phone at all times of day. Every problem I've had has been quickly corrected. They just wouldn't need such great customer service if they would focus on doing things right the first time. My .02.
    '08 328i E92, '05 330i ZHP, '04 X3 3.0, '96 DASC 318is (gone), '96 M3 AA C38 (gone), '07 335i (gone)

My Cars
    Turbo 318, Spec E36
    i got only 3 angel eye rings when i ordered a kit from them. And before that i recieved a broken ring

-Custom Built Turbo -M3 bumper w/ Rieger Lip -Racing Dynamics Carbon Fiber Hood -M3 wing -SuperSprint Race exhaust -H&R Coil Overs -AC Schnitzer Type III Race 18x8 -Autothority Pitstop Quick Shift -DJ Auto Headlights w/8000k HID and 6000k HID Fog lights -Momo Shift Knob -Alpine Head 7894 Unit (amber light up) -Euro Lights all around -Tint:20% all around -Cliford Alarm -2x 12in JL subs -Kicker Amp <br>

My Cars
    2003 IS300
    Quote Originally Posted by DASC RACER
    i got only 3 angel eye rings when i ordered a kit from them. And before that i recieved a broken ring
    Your supposed to order 2 sets which gives you an extra pair of rings as backups...
    <- RIP

My Cars
    '15 F-type S & '95 525i
    Umnitza is a great company, they have their problems just like all company's do, that generally comes with managing a large business like that.

I've ordered a good bit of stuff from them through their representative known as "habbie" on the boards. 2 sets of HID's (6000K & 8000K), 2 PnP wiring harnesses, DEPO Ellipsoids, yellow lamin-x for fogs, and clear stoneguard for the headlamps. Fast shipping and excellent customer service.

2 problems I had: The kit I orderd with the Ellipsoids and HID was supposed to be pre-installed, it wasnt, however, habbie talked me through the entire setup over the phone Another problem was that they sent me 5K bulbs in a 6K box, so I still dont know which bulbs I got

Things happen, stuff gets mixed up, but they are there to fix/help you out with anything you order from them. I would only order my lighting from them, and them only.

My Cars
    M3 PTG,M3 cosmos x2
    they have great products but i had problems with shipping, i paid for second day shipping (30-40$),then they told me its gonna take 2-3 days to ship out because they didn't have bulbs in stock, at the end it took them more then two weeks, and they didn't use second day shipping that i paid for, they used normal shipping 3-5 business days

I will buy from them again,they have good quality products but i hope shipping is gonna be ok
    03 M3
    97 M3
    95 M3
    + some other non BMW all modified and some are boosted

My Cars
    Bmw 335 coupe, M-Tech Ti project, Porsche 986
    I've ordered my entire lighting setup from them (Ellipsoids, HID, DDEs, Stoneguard) separately at different times and I never had any problems with Umnitza or their products. Shipping has always very fast (at most, 5 business days to my place in B.C. Canada) and e-mail support couldn’t have been better; all my e-mails were answered within a couple of hours, sometimes even within minutes. I've recommended them to some of my friends and they've all had positive experiences as well.

Performance by CG Motorsports

My Cars
    M3, MDX, X5 4.8is
    I bought a set of oem hella headlights, 5000K Hid, and cromium rings from Umnitza a while ago.

First off, Matt is a good guy and very knowledable about his products.

I had quite an ordeal getting these things to work. First one of the rings didn't work. I sent the headlight back for repair and it didn't work after I reinstalled. (Also the packaging of the headlight looked like it was done by a 10th grader which probably contributed to the malfunction of the ring). Sent back again and ring didn't work, but I decided to do the work myself and had matt send me new rings instead. Almost a month has passed now with trying to get the headlights to work. Plus I paid all the shipping to resend the headlights for service. No prepaid return slips?

Did the work myself and finally everything worked and haven't had a problem since.

Also, I ordered the headlights with 5000K bulbs and got 4000K instead. They were "out of stock of the 5000K" and gave 4000K instead, but failed to let me know. I found this out myself by opening the HID housing.

Like others have stated. Great product when it's working; quality control and communication with the customer needs some fine tuning.

Would I buy from Umnitza again? Sure, but I'll wait to see when things improve.
    AC Schnitzer - Made for fun, Made by Winners

My Cars
    Slow e36
    they're usually pretty good on shipping and getting your order out if they have the product.... if they dont, be ready to wait.

very helpful and responsive though.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Ive had roughly 5 horrible situtions with them. I'd totally reject the company if their products werent so good [when they work]. All in all, great products, but less than acceptable to work with. Im far from the only person in my region with issues concerning them - you should see the responce when you mension that company at our meets.

My Cars
    e39 Dinan 540, 76 2002
    shipping for my zkw with predator thinlines took a month and a half. a month after installation of the headlights the glue used to stick the angel eyes were weak. 3 out of the 4 rings are detached at the bottoms. 1 ring is nearly coming off. it is being held by the last piece of glue.

umnitza is pretty sloppy but they do have great customer service.they always answer the phones and respond to emails. they are going to fix my angel eyes but i just dont have the time to drop by and have them fixed.

sometimes i think, them having so many customers causes them to rush assembly of parts. this forfeits the quality of their products. thus this is why my angel eyes came off and why my brother who bought zkws with thinlines from them when they first started doing business are still in tact.

My Cars
    E39
    theres a big long thread that is recent about this

My Cars
    98 BMW 328i
    I ordered euro ellipsoids with angel eye thinlines+clear corners around christmas time. Product is great. Customer service was OK, they were quick to respond but through email it seemed like i was talking to a different person every 10 minutes and they didnt know what i was talking about. Eventually i got in contact with Habbie on this board and he called me to answer all my questions. I really just wanted to know what bulbs to get, it took like 3 days to get somebody to tell me.

My Cars
    1982 Mustang
    I ordered my HID's from them on a Group Buy around Christmas and ordered the normal ground shipping. They were here in 5 days, which is great for a holliday shipping time. No complaints and the lights are KILLER

My Cars
    318ti, 540i
    I don't have any headlights, because there not working. I ordered e39 projector depos and HIDs. Haven't got them to work correctly since i bought them. I need to get them replaced.
    540i on DUBS

My Cars
    '99 328is 4dr
    thanks guys im sorry if this thread was in the wrong place or if i could have looked at another one, but i just wasnt thinking i guess i dunno. i guess ill order from them most of the comments seem to be pretty good about the product themselves, sounds liek they need some new guys in the warehouse though
    1999 E46 328 sedan titanium silver metallic : supersprint exhaust, turner motorsports coldair intake, shark injector software, H&R racing suspension, EBC brakes, 18" BBS RG-R ROCK ON!! SOLD, now i drive the JEEP!!

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Employee turnover was a big problem for a while. It's no longer a problem as David, Jerry, and a few others behind the scenes folks have stepped it up a notch.

Thanks for the positive comments, we do have good products, and we always support them. We are getting much better and we're looking to hire one more exceptional employee within the next few weeks.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Sorry, as a follow on, one employee - long since fired - was responsible for 3 of the problems (I'm pretty sure I know who some of these guys are) here (rings not fitting or falling off, missing parts, and simply shoddy shipping). That doesn't happen anymore.

Also, we had a big turn over during a particularly rough period in the business between Feb 05-June 05. Most of the problems we experience were a growth for demand, a single employee who was responsible for these mistakes (yes, we track it) and some mistakes on my part with communication.

We're doing better now and the order volume shows it.

My Cars
    97 E36 M3, 04 E46 M3
    I bought my ZKW headlights with predator Chromium from UMNITZA and was pleased with the service and product. Sometimes things fall through cracks but as long as a vendor is willing to fix/work with a customer, I think you have to give them a chance.

Thanks,
    M. Tomar ///97M3 Sedan
    |(0)(0) [ ][ ] (0)(0)|

My Cars
    VF
    I'd have to say the customer support that Umnitza offers is second to none, and the products they sell are a steal at those prices. Just my $.02....

My Cars
    97 M3 90 325i
    I ordered a pair of ZKW w/ thin line from them while I was in Iraq... they shipped and got to my house on time... upon my return... I installed.

Later to find out... it is said on their web site that they come with "stone gaurd"... I never recieved stone gaurd... it was not in the package.

I had extra stone gaurd for my head lights from a few pervious orders with another company.. so I didnt care and I did not call or ask about that.

But it was a mistake in shipping all the materials.

I'm sure it wouldnt have been a problem for them to ship them out afterwards... but like I said.. I already had some... and it was about 4 months after the order was shipped that I discovered this...

They are good people.. and I'd deal with them again...

Just make sure you get what you ordered... all of it.

Good company... Matt is a good guy to deal with.

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i (WTB 3.64 diff)

My Cars
    F10, E30
    Shipping needed to be worked on no question. But, as I have seen lately, Matt and Habbie have gotten that taken care of! My friend ordered some Depo's last week Monday and had them two days later.

I can't say enough about the service these guys have. I always get e-mail responses or answered phone calls when I need to get in touch with them. I will always keep my lighting business with them and would highly recommend them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast