Thread: I'm too addicted to ASC!

My Cars
    The Clown Shoe

I'm too addicted to ASC!

I'm starting to get a little stupid with it.

A little tail out for the people here, a little sideways lurch in second in a wet spot there. A nice slide with correction on an off-camber.

I gotta stop this.

Yesterday, I needed to make a U turn in an office park cul-de-sac. Off with the ASC, real sweet 2nd gear 180, and back on with the ASC.

How idiot proof is ASC in these pretty simple moves? Seems very safe. So I go there. Too much lately.

The scary thing, is it's not my mentality when I go out, it's just happening.

I'm sure my fans appreciate the display, but this can't go on.

This car is driving me insane.:

My Cars
    Honda S2000
    It is like pressing the turbo button on a video game. They should just put a on the button. When you see a nice four wheel drift corner coming up you just have to reach with your index and.........oh so creamy. When the cobra mustang comes along side at a light just push the button for a jaw drop : and quote"I have to sell my stang" after you beat them. The button is BMW crack.

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    I used to turn off DSC ALL THE TIME! it was too much fun to drift through the (empty) neighborhood and leave some petroleum stuck to the pavement in an unsuspecting left-hander.

soon to return... "the drift"
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    Traction control is the enemy... (unless it's raining...)

Amen, Silverstreak!

I ALWAYS have my ASC turned off, unless the road is wet.

My Cars
    Me too, Doug!! I'm dumb, but I ain't stupid!

My Cars
    99 Mroadster
    I need to leave mine on till I get to a good school. I am sure I could handle it I just like the car a whole lot and dont trust myself. I do take it off here and there but I find that I want to push it to much and make it oversteer etc to test my limits. STUPID if you arent on a track

My Cars
    Too many.
    AST - on for virtually all daily driving. M drive to work is less than 7 minutes and less than 2 miles. The long way to work takes 10 minutes, with traffic.

AST - Off for any spirited driving, auto-x or drivers schools especially for drivers schools.

Heck in the one nine I disabled the traction control by removing the TC throttle body and replacing it with a part from a non traction control one nine. Gained some torque and power too

On the whole though, Ive got to agree with Silverstreak - TC is evil. DSC is worse.

Mario