Thread: Do I buy the right or left part?

My Cars
    1997 Alpine White 328i; 2002 Spa Yellow S2000

Do I buy the right or left part?

So I am wanting to replace my cracked driver's side fog light lens on my car. None of the catalogs specify driver's or passenger's side, they just say right or left. So do I buy the right or left part? It is on the right when I stand in front of the car, but on the left when I am sitting in the driver's seat. What is the convention on this? I'm used to seeing parts listed as driver's side and passenger side, but I guess it makes sense this way, and the cars are produced for driving on both sided of the road...

Anybody help me out?

My Cars
    1992 E36 320i
    If you're buying OEM then you can go to www.realoem.com and state the part number instead of right or left

If not, well, just communicate with the seller. Tell him your car's left hand drive and it's the driver's side one.

My Cars
    OG e46 m3
    i guess they are like that becouse in some countries the driver side and passenger side isn't always the same

My Cars
    Yes
    In a left hand drive car, the driver sits on the left, therefore, that is considered the left side.

For parts that are specific to one side, BMW part numbers end with an even digit for parts that go on the right side, odd for the left.

My Cars
    isetta,2002,E30M3,E36
    It really does not matter if the car is right or left hand drive.Left is left,
    Right is right.Still confused?Get in the car,turn on the left signal,get out of car,look at which side is blinking,it will be on the left side!For those who are
    really slow,do the same on the right side!The front is always the front.The rear,always the rear.Left is left.Right is right!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i E90/N52
    Or simply said for long winded know it all's that still fail in answering the question, right left parts orientation as based on sitting n a seat facing forward, not from standing in front of car looking at it. Recap: sittimg in any seat in the car facing forward is the correct position for left/right parts orientation

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    yes, left/right hand side of car is from the driver's seat looking forward
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    95 M3 - 06 X5 3.0
    E36 M3 S50 - E53 X5 M54 - 1980 Porsche 931 - 2001 Impreza RS25