Quote Originally Posted by Daved
    VCG=valve cover gasket
    oh ok, thanks. i sent you a PM dave
    -Ivan

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    hey, got a few questions for you...
    first of all, answer all questions in bold above...
    second, how much was everything above individually, where did you purchase it, and how hard was the install ?
    The Spark Plug Gaskets are round gaskets that are inside the valve cover. They are the grey rings(pic thx to Pelican)

The Radiator was $459 from Zionsville Auto

The Samco Hoses were $100 from Bimmerworld They were HELLA tight to get on too. I used a little coolant to grease them and I heated the ends w/ a hair dryer to make them more flexible/stretchy.

Overall the hardest part was removing the top radiator clips, they are scary. lol I was afraid i was going to break them. ALSO, be sure to have a Fan removal tool. I tried the screw driver method for about an hour before i went to a local shop and pleaded w. them to borrow it. The car revs SOO easy now FDM+LTW f/w =

I cleaned the TB buy removing the ASC t/b and using a wrag and some WD40, it was really greasy and gunked up in there. I used the thumb screw type thing on the Throttle cable to take the slop out.
    ~Phil
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    ^^ thanks
    -Ivan

My Cars
    1997 328i

Post Fan Delete Mod question about the Aux Fan

I've searched around the forums so I apologize in advance if this is buried in another FDM post.

I just completed my FDM mod, and I am wondered when I should be able to see the aux fan turn on.

I drove from Grand Rapids, MI to Chicago which takes about 2 hrs 45 min and the entire time my temp gauge was right at 12 o clock. I left my engine running when I got home and didn't see the aux fan on.

Granted its only 40-50 degrees out, but the engine is at 80C or so, based on the t-stat i have installed.

A special note: I did have an issue with my aux fan staying on all night a few weeks ago, it drained my battery. I pulled the relay for the aux fan and it went off, then i plugged the relay back in; since then I have never really checked to see if it is on. I might look into replaying that fan relay.

I did install the new 80C/88C aux fan switch so I guess i'd like to know when the aux fan should turn on so that I can confirm the switch is working correctly.

Thanks.

My Cars
    turbo325is, 01 330xi
    so maybe the aux fan is not working.. you might want to confirm that the aux fan is working.. maybe use the A/C and see if it does indeed work

My Cars
    1997 328i
    I'll try the AC. So what I'm looking for is, with the AC on full, the Aux fan to be on, in order to pass air over the AC condenser? Does the aux fan switch that goes into the side of the radiator have any effect if im running the AC? (what I'm getting at is, with I run the AC, will it matter what time the engine is). I guess I'm trying to troubleshoot a) if there is a problem, and if there is b) is it the fan relays, the 80/88C switch i just installed, or worse, the fan itself.

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxxman
    I'll try the AC. So what I'm looking for is, with the AC on full, the Aux fan to be on, in order to pass air over the AC condenser? Does the aux fan switch that goes into the side of the radiator have any effect if im running the AC? (what I'm getting at is, with I run the AC, will it matter what time the engine is). I guess I'm trying to troubleshoot a) if there is a problem, and if there is b) is it the fan relays, the 80/88C switch i just installed, or worse, the fan itself.
    i'm almost positive that the fan should turn on as soon as you press the button for AC, no matter how warm the engine is or if AC is on low or high
    -Ivan

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Which is the best site to get the FDM kit. I know understeer has it but its 90 dollars. I feel like i can put this kit together for much cheaper. Has anyone put this kit together for cheaper?

My Cars
    1997 328i
    $5 cheaper at bimmerworld.com

the 80C kit is $60 but then to make it comparable you need to buy the water wetter and shaft nut.

after shipping it comes to $85, at least for me in Chicago.

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by E36cruisin
    Which is the best site to get the FDM kit. I know understeer has it but its 90 dollars. I feel like i can put this kit together for much cheaper. Has anyone put this kit together for cheaper?
    I got a 75 degree T-stat, gaskets and fan switch for about $60 from AutoHausAZ.com I picked up the water wetter at a local auto parts. Factor in the $10 for the nut cover and you might as well buy the kit. I did it my way because i wanted a slightly lower temp. T-stat.
    ~Phil

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMy328is
    I got a 75 degree T-stat, gaskets and fan switch for about $60 from AutoHausAZ.com I picked up the water wetter at a local auto parts. Factor in the $10 for the nut cover and you might as well buy the kit. I did it my way because i wanted a slightly lower temp. T-stat.
    ~Phil
    Is the lower t-stat an advantage over the 80c? Also which fan switch did you get? I went on autohausaz.com and only found the 91-99c switch.

Also with understeer.com i end up paying 100 dollars after shipping.

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    61 31 8 361 787 is the P/N for the switch for your car I wanted to be extra cautious, but the 71 degree T-stat that AA sells is not recommended for street use, so the 75 was the next lowest. I went overboard and even bought an AL radiator
    ~Phil

CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19825

fan delete +1, car with broken radiator, hoses, hood -$3000

that's my local forum so some of you may have see it already

i'm not trying to start a war again since i know anti-FDM people will start saying you cna check waterpump bearings, etc..., just something to read about. oh and he does say all maintenance has been done, and i think that would include waterpump
    -Ivan

My Cars
    avUs
    how would i maintain this mod so i dont have to worrie about over heating???

My Cars
    avUs
    also where can i buy a kit.. understeer dosnt have one for my car modle?? 1998 328is

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Bimmers
    also where can i buy a kit.. understeer dosnt have one for my car modle?? 1998 328is
    Second item on page. If done properly no worries. If you want to be extra cautious an electric fan could be used in place of the mechanical one.
    ~Phil

CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    avUs
    but they dont have my model???

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    but they dont have my model???
    yes they do, it's the fan delete kit, i think there's only one on the site
    -Ivan

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    like guy above said, 2nd item on that link "E36 fan delete kit"
    -Ivan

My Cars
    avUs
    look under build date, they give you models and 328 is not there??

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    look under build date, they give you models and 328 is not there??
    haha man, don't worry, i got mine from there. it's all the same crap just order it if you're getting the fan delete
    -Ivan

My Cars
    09 Yamaha R6s & 95 325iC
    Eliminate the engine driven fan on any E36 323, 325, 328, M3, Z3 (pre-9/98 2.8L and '98-'00 3.2L) or '92-'95 318.

the part in parentheses is only for the Z3, if that's what you're thinking about....
    just trust us and get that, it will all work for you
    -Ivan

My Cars
    avUs
    tru

My Cars
    '12 135i
    Yes they do.... 10/95 and up - 32X/M3/Z3

The kit is all you need to prevent overheating. You can add an electric fan if you want added security, but I've found that it's not necessary.
    -Jeff
    '12 135i (Space Grey): Stock
    '98 323is (Schwartz II) (Sold ): UUC SSK w/ clutch stop, UUC UDPs, Cosmos short ram intake, Fan delete, M3 cats and exhaust, M50 manifold, CDV delete, H&R Sport + Bilstein sports
    Smoke corners, clear sides and tails, rear lip spoiler, Umnitza depo euro ellipsoids w/ DDEs, Apexcone DDM HID 6000k, black grills, M3 front bumper, mirrors, and rear diffuser, CSL reps

'04 M3 (Estoril) (Sold ): SMG, Meisterschaft SUS exhaust, GC coilovers, Hotchkiss sway bars, Brembo BBK w/ Estoril calipers
    Estoril side reflectors & headlight trim, Rep Strassentech front lip, Vorsteiner CSL trunklid and rear diffuser, ACS roof spoiler, automatic rear sunshade, HRE 545R

My Cars
    avUs
    Quote Originally Posted by thejaff
    Yes they do.... 10/95 and up - 32X/M3/Z3

The kit is all you need to prevent overheating. You can add an electric fan if you want added security, but I've found that it's not necessary.
    ok thanks..

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast