Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Want to re-dye leather, a few questions

My Cars
    2013 M3, 1993 325is

Want to re-dye leather, a few questions

Hey guys,

My leather is looking old, hard, and nasty, and I'd like to bring a little life back to it. I found the PDF guide posted about using the Leatherique procedure, and I'll probably be following that. However, I do I have a few questions:

1. Is Leatherique still the preferred dye?

2. How do I find out exactly what color my seats are so I can provide that to Leatherique for the correct match?

3. Will the #3 Kit (32oz) be enough to do my 2 front seats as well as the rear bench & bolsters? I want everything to match.

4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan

My Cars
    2013 M3, 1993 325is
    ?
    Dan

My Cars
    91 318is, 92 m-technic
    Yes, kit 3 will be enough for the front and back restoration. Get the color sample from under the rear seat. There should be a little extra hide that has been protected from the sun. I would highly recommend spraying on the dye with a product called preval. Its a glass bottle that you can screw on a areosal can on which allow you to spray like a rattle can. All the other recommendations by leatherique are a load of crap. None will be streakless or even. Believe me I've tried. Also invest in a good pair of chemical gloves. This will protect your hands from the acetone you will use to remove the old dye. Vinyl or rubber gloves will just dissolve. The orange chemical gloves will probably last half a day soaking in the acetone. The products provided by leatherique are not strong enough. Beside you will need ALOT of it to remove the dye for all your seats. I used about a 1 1/2 gallons of acetone getting the seats as clean as possible. Can't think of anything else right now. Good luck.