Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does BMW service suck so bad?

My Cars
    2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII, 2005 Chevy Z51 C6
    I think he meant that they pass on the car.
    Rel
    1999 Titanium Silver ///M3 (SOLD)
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

2003 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Borla cat-back, AEM SRI, GReddy TT, Sony CDX-CA810X

2005 Lemans Blue Chevrolet Z51 Corvette

Anybody ever have a dealer pass on even working on your car for warranty or non-warranty work because it was modded?
    Damn...I miss my car.
    ('98 Hamann/BMW 328i)

My Cars
    Sort of. My car went into Field's BMW in Northfield a couple of months ago when I had some front suspension damage. They replaced/repaired everything for the front right suspension, but told me they could not transfer the Koni strut to the new strut housing because they don't do that kind of work. Fair enough, so I told them to save the old strut for me so I could transfer it over. They didn't, and the SA that was in charge of my car quit the day I went to pick it up (figures), but that's another story entirely.
    Rel
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Well, I can't say anything bad about the service that I'm getting from East Bay BMW. Granted, I'm not getting red-carpet treatment, but I've got a loaner, for 2+ weeks now - a 325i and to boot I've had a call almost daily on what they're going to do with my car.

Concord BMW was similar. I could call in advance and have them tell me EXACTLY what car I'd get as a loaner and when the work would be complete...it almost always was - with the exception of this:
    When my wife's car was getting a new long block, the "20 year mechanic" there put the O2 sensors on backwards, he didn't properly install the valve cover gasket so I leaked oil, and then he tried to tell me that the fault codes would be "fine" if I just drove it a bit. I was pissed!

But now, the car runs better than new

My Cars
    1998 M3 and '94 Blazer Tahoe
    FOR EVERYONE IN CT, DO NOT AT ANY COST GO TO BMW OF NORTH HAVEN. THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE DIRT, LIE TO YOUR FACE, TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOTHING TO THE CAR. I'VE BEEN BACK 8 TIMES NOW AND NOT MUCH HAS GOTTEN ACCOMPLISHED. MORE OF THE WORK THEY DID CREATED MORE WORK FOR THEM, WORK TO FIX ALL THEIR MISTAKES.

1. THEY BROKE POWER WINDOW WHILE REPLACING DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR

2. NEVER PUT SCREWS BACK IN DOOR PANEL WHICH FELL OFF.
    3. SCRATCHED ALL 4 WHEELS AND SAID THEY THINK ITS NOT A PROBLEM BECASUE THEY LOOK BETTER THEN MOST CARS ON THERE LOT. I TOLD THEM THE WHOLE POINT IS THEY WERE FINE WHEN I BROUGHT IT.
    4. WATCHED TECH DO A BURNOUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, WAS ABOUT TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF.
    5. CAR CAME BACK WITH PULL TO THE RIGHT. THEIR DIAGNOSIS, SNAPPED BELTS INBOTH RIGHT SIDE TIRES. DAMAGE THEY DID ONCE AGAIN.
    6. A 40 MILE JOYRIDE IN MY CAR.
    7 HESITATION PROBLEM ON TRIP NUMBER 7 IN RIGHT NOW, STILL NO FIX.
    8. OWNER OF DEALER BEING AN ASSHOLE TO ME AND MAKING HIMSELF LOOK REALLY STUPID IN THE PROCESS.

I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I WONT. I HOPE EVERYONE GETS THE POINT. THEY SUCK!!!! A 60 YEAR OLD GENTLEMEN BUGGED OUT ON THEM YESTERDAY WHILE I WAS THERE. HIS REASON, THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THAT THEY NEVER FIX THE PROBLEM, JUST MAKE IT WORSE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY. THEY ALSO YELLED AT ME FOR FILING BAD REPORTS ON THEIR SERVICE AND FILING 3 REPORTS WITH BMW CUSTOMER SERVICE.

BMW CUSTOMER SERVICE'S ADVICE: GET A LAWYER AFTER THEM

'98 Arctic Silver/Black M3

'94 chevy blazer tahoe

My Cars
    E30 325is
    Originally posted by slvrm3
    FOR EVERYONE IN CT, DO NOT AT ANY COST GO TO BMW OF NORTH HAVEN. THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE DIRT, LIE TO YOUR FACE, TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOTHING TO THE CAR. I'VE BEEN BACK 8 TIMES NOW AND NOT MUCH HAS GOTTEN ACCOMPLISHED. MORE OF THE WORK THEY DID CREATED MORE WORK FOR THEM, WORK TO FIX ALL THEIR MISTAKES.

1. THEY BROKE POWER WINDOW WHILE REPLACING DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR

2. NEVER PUT SCREWS BACK IN DOOR PANEL WHICH FELL OFF.
    3. SCRATCHED ALL 4 WHEELS AND SAID THEY THINK ITS NOT A PROBLEM BECASUE THEY LOOK BETTER THEN MOST CARS ON THERE LOT. I TOLD THEM THE WHOLE POINT IS THEY WERE FINE WHEN I BROUGHT IT.
    4. WATCHED TECH DO A BURNOUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, WAS ABOUT TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF.
    5. CAR CAME BACK WITH PULL TO THE RIGHT. THEIR DIAGNOSIS, SNAPPED BELTS INBOTH RIGHT SIDE TIRES. DAMAGE THEY DID ONCE AGAIN.
    6. A 40 MILE JOYRIDE IN MY CAR.
    7 HESITATION PROBLEM ON TRIP NUMBER 7 IN RIGHT NOW, STILL NO FIX.
    8. OWNER OF DEALER BEING AN ASSHOLE TO ME AND MAKING HIMSELF LOOK REALLY STUPID IN THE PROCESS.

I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I WONT. I HOPE EVERYONE GETS THE POINT. THEY SUCK!!!! A 60 YEAR OLD GENTLEMEN BUGGED OUT ON THEM YESTERDAY WHILE I WAS THERE. HIS REASON, THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THAT THEY NEVER FIX THE PROBLEM, JUST MAKE IT WORSE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY. THEY ALSO YELLED AT ME FOR FILING BAD REPORTS ON THEIR SERVICE AND FILING 3 REPORTS WITH BMW CUSTOMER SERVICE.

BMW CUSTOMER SERVICE'S ADVICE: GET A LAWYER AFTER THEM
    I feel you brother, theres too many stories like this involving BMW service dealerships.

Brian

My Cars
    1998 M3 and '94 Blazer Tahoe
    I THINK EVERYONE HAS TO GET TOGETHER AND GO AFTER BMWNA FOR BETTER SERVICE. THE SERVICE AT DEALERS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE FOR A CAR OF THIS LEVEL. WHEN I HAD MY ACURA NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, WAS ACTUALLY A PLEASURE DEALING WITH THEM. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT HOW WE ARE BEING TREATED. LET ME ADD MY CAR IS UNDER WARRANTEE AND THEY TRY CHARGING ME THE DEDUCABLE EVERYTIME ITS IN FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. THE ONLY WAY I AHVE FOUND TO TALK TO BMWNA IS CUSTOMER SERVICE, WHICH I ACTAULLY THINK IS NOT CONNECTED WITH THEM. WE ALL OWN AMAZING CARS, BUT WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO TO AMAZING LENGTHS TO GET SIMPLE SERVICE DONE. WE ALL KNOW DEALERS SCREW AROUND ALITTLE, BUT THIS IS BLOWN WAY OUT OF PURPORTION. IM AT THE POINT NOW THAT I WILL POSSIBLY BE SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE ON THIS MATTER AGAINST THIS DEALER. THIS CARELESSNESS CAN NOT GO ON ANY LONGER.

'98 Arctic Silver/Black M3

'94 chevy blazer tahoe

My Cars
    The problem is, dealerships work independently from BMWNA. BMW service in Europe is completely different, I've heard. But you're right, we need to get something going so that the BMW dealerships are better to work with. I'm lucky I found a great one in my area. A referrel from Jim Powell helped, too.
    Rel

My Cars
    2014 BMW 328D M Sport
    I don't think it was you being Persian, they just suck period. I went to Stevens Creek and wanted to test drive a BMW 328d, but the sales guy first said, well are you going to buy today. I said no probably not, and then he just walked away. I never went back, I bought a BMW at Peter Pan two weeks later. They are not much better though either

- - - Updated - - -

So much to stay hardly know where to start. Issues on Delivery of Vehicle from Peter Pan BMW in the SFO Bay Area. Front hood is not closing flush on left side with front bumper, sales guy, oh its just not shut proper. Issue number 2 the Front Parking Sensor Failed when I first started the car. Sales person, well np we will fix it, must of just happened we didn't see it on our pre inspection. Ok, I will take that as stuff happens. The good thing was prior to delivery I found a notch out of the passenger size door panel and they did fix that somehow. Next take car to service and they did provide a loaner, which was nice. My main issues are the Hood still does not close flush. The Parking Sensor took 5 days to fix and the whole time BMW Service did not keep me informed as to the progress they were making on the repair. They could learn a lot rom Cooks Collison on customer service. Cooks Collision will ask you how often do you want to be updated and what method, texts, email phone etc., and they actually do update you regularly on your vehicles status, you never have to call. Now back to the hood issue, I am now told if I want it repaired take it in for a warranty repair at nearest BMW dealer. I will take it to East Bay BMW and see how that goes.
    Next thing is the Extended Service Contract, Peter Pan forgot to transfer it to my name. I had to call and get that done, but I was told no problem you will receive an email in a few days. I never got the email. I called customer Service and then found out they had added a 1 to my email address. Ok they can fix that easily right? Nope this will take up to 72 hours to fix. I wait and after 72 hours I call. Nope you should wait 7 days for them to get you into the system. As of today this is the 7th day, and I will be they still have not emailed me by the end of today, and yes I did verify with then day before yesterday that they have the correct email.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12