Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: BMW Drag Racing Standings

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Stiff0 View Post
    Im the one who shot the vid & I know everything that there is to know about this car beside the driver & i can say this much that this car is not making 300 wheel power, & there is no power adders, the officials @ E-Town saw to that. The vid is up & the time slip is also there which the owner didnt want 2 do cause we have some money race cumn up & he didnt want to show his hand, so we hope these guys dont read this thread. No body has time to fabricate stories @ least we dont. It is what it is & a lot of time, R&D, sweat, a lot of breakage, & dollars was spent to get this #
    again no one is saying it is fabricated. we are just trying to justify the run....
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    90 e30m, 99 323, 93 e36 race car,00 dinan m5
    we raced a c class benz with a e55 motor (he lost), he swore we had nos and decline to pay, my goal was to get my friends car into the n/a standings (i hope it is now, if not it's out there), most car in the standings were entered with just the picture of a time slip, because of our time we needed extra proof (understandable), we're not about to give up all the info about the car, 3 things that r facts is that it's N/A, it's not making the big hp #'s being thrown out there, and it weights 3100lbs+,
    Last edited by bimmertc20; 09-08-2008 at 04:34 PM.

My Cars
    80 supra,94 sc bmw, 88 sc f/x 16
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3 CRAZY View Post
    again no one is saying it is fabricated. we are just trying to justify the run....
    The owner hasnt finish all the trial & error as yet cause like i stated we have a couple of $ race cumn up & too much was said already but if all goes well we should b @ E-Town wed night @ the test & tune, we cld chat then

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    The owner hasnt finish all the trial & error as yet cause like i stated we have a couple of $ race cumn up & too much was said already but if all goes well we should b @ E-Town wed night @ the test & tune, we cld chat then
    i work till late during week and like i said my car is getting work done so i will not be attending any track event till i at least get it back. if you plan a weekend event in a few weeks or so i will be more then happy to meet up.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmertc20 View Post
    we raced a c class benz with a e55 motor (he lost), he swore we had nos and decline to pay
    I was in the car also & he swore the bimmer cldnt beat him on a top end run, but boy was he mistaken. that car has a huge 5.5 e55 motor with tuned ecu, headers, exhaust stuffed in a c class body, & it happened on the i95 to E-Town. He was sure he was gonna be a few $100 richer. the poor thing ?;-(

My Cars
    i work till late during week and like i said my car is getting work done so i will not be attending any track event till i at least get it back. if you plan a weekend event in a few weeks or so i will be more then happy to meet up.
    This is not a challenge! Its an invite, roll with one of ur boys. my car is done cause im working on seeing if i cld build the fastest Rotrex set in a e36 myself but i show a lot of support to my friends when they go.

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    This is not a challenge! Its an invite, roll with one of ur boys. my car is done cause im working on seeing if i cld build the fastest Rotrex set in a e36 myself but i show a lot of support to my friends when they go.
    i understood that! an i am willing to accept the invite to go hang out. but i need to go on weekends as i work and i am kinda far from e-town to get there during the week.

My Cars
    Ok got u! Hope 2 link up one of these days when the whole crew is up & running. Do u know who has the baddest e36 Rotrex set up? I should start this as a thread

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    Ok got u! Hope 2 link up one of these days when the whole crew is up & running. Do u know who has the baddest e36 Rotrex set up? I should start this as a thread
    that is a tough one. the big s/c guys are usually vortech based. post up in FI to ask. if there is one around, that is actually willing to run it i bet it will not be local. lol. all my crew is getting out of the shop within the next few weeks. we will try to get something going when the weather cools a little. this time of year is murder on a car.

My Cars
    that is a tough one. the big s/c guys are usually vortech based. post up in FI to ask. if there is one around, that is actually willing to run it i bet it will not be local. lol. all my crew is getting out of the shop within the next few weeks. we will try to get something going when the weather cools a little. this time of year is murder on a car.
    I know cause its already been done by those guys. not sayn i will make more power but im gonna spin the hell out of mine. I was the first to use a c38 on mine before aa came out with the kit. a friend of mine built the kit 4 me as per my instruction using a 38 blower.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    This conversation should be a new thread. This thread should not be garbaged up with all of this.

Looks like 12.6@110 with 322bhp.

Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    maybe i need to start a new thread, guess the whp, then post the dyno sheet, that run was just a test run, there's room for improvement, without making any adjustment to the car, (launch and rpm adjustment, 1st to 2nd shift), can we get this car in the standings, thanks in advance.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Delroy added, thanks for the timeslip and video boys! New All Motor leader.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    thanks, going testing again this week

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Congrats Delroy!

Regarding your question about other people's credibility: I just recently posted on this list, but my car has a well documented history. PM me for more details.

Good luck testing, I know all about "optimizing" combinations.

Adam

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3

12.623 n/a e36

Thank you for adding me to the standings. We will be going to E-town tomorrow wed or sat or both days. Watching the weather. We are looking for 12.4 or a high 12.3 with the current setup. We will do a complete video shoot of the car and 1/4 mile pass.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond97 View Post
    Thank you for adding me to the standings. We will be going to E-town tomorrow wed or sat or both days. Watching the weather. We are looking for 12.4 or a high 12.3 with the current setup. We will do a complete video shoot of the car and 1/4 mile pass.
    Great to hear.

What would be great would be your video showing your car on the NHRA racescales at E-town so everyone can see your raceweight without question.
    Then show your passes in full with the timeboard. Then show the video over your car showing the engine bay, wheels, rear suspension setup etc. That way you can silence those who say you're using nitrous, etc. :-)

Great to have new guys on the forum who are so into their drag racing, keep it up!
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on

My Cars
    Great to hear.

What would be great would be your video showing your car on the NHRA racescales at E-town so everyone can see your raceweight without question.
    Then show your passes in full with the timeboard. Then show the video over your car showing the engine bay, wheels, rear suspension setup etc. That way you can silence those who say you're using nitrous, etc. :-)

Great to have new guys on the forum who are so into their drag racing, keep it up!
    i'll take some pics of the engine bay/rim and tire set-up today

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3

12.623 sec E36 N/A 1/4 mile

Great to hear.

The last time I ran at Raceway Park in New Jersey I weighed the car. The weight was exactly 3243 lbs with me in it.

My Cars
    2000 328ci
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmertc20 View Post
    moving our shift point 500rpm make a major difference
    What RPM do you shift at?

My Cars
    E36 Turbo, E39 M5
    He stated 7800 rpm's in the post about his dfferential:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by E36 328is
    Do you mind sharing what your results were from the different gear changes? I am very curious as I have a 3.91lsd in my car and wonder how much it helps it out.

we ran 3:64 and got 12.8 in the 1/4 and i think it was 107mph using 4th gear (it blew up), we then went with the 3:23 we netted a 12.6 @ 110mph 3rd gear, it's not just a gear thing, the new gear allowed us to more use the torque of the motor and the shift point was moved to 7800rpm, i list the mods done to the car in the drag standings thread, these times were achieved by building the car where each mod complimented each other.
    93 325is: obd2 M52, 22rpd tuned, 6266, RSI manifold, 555whp on 18psi

My Cars
    Great to hear.

Its so funny with all this scrutiny going on over this run, but if thats what it will take to silent all these doubters which i doubt ill try & find the cord for my camcorder instead of my cyber shot 7.2 so i cld really zoom in up close & personal & after that there would be fifty different questions, but because i luv controversy ill do it just because. Wright now Delroy is compiling all the runs so he cloud post it on youtube with all the credits to the vendors who helped him to reach his goal. The reason why im supporting him so much its because a lot of people laugh @ us because we chose 2 run different set up on our cars & told us he cldnt do this r that because they never heard of it done this way. My car is still down but no one is laughing now, now they all sitting & waiting for my return as well since Me & Delroy always spend 2 much & always breaking stuff. So if the weather permits we will be looking to break something either the car or the time

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Its so funny with all this scrutiny going on over this run, but if thats what it will take to silent all these doubters which i doubt ill try & find the cord for my camcorder instead of my cyber shot 7.2 so i cld really zoom in up close & personal & after that there would be fifty different questions, but because i luv controversy ill do it just because. Wright now Delroy is compiling all the runs so he cloud post it on youtube with all the credits to the vendors who helped him to reach his goal. The reason why im supporting him so much its because a lot of people laugh @ us because we chose 2 run different set up on our cars & told us he cldnt do this r that because they never heard of it done this way. My car is still down but no one is laughing now, now they all sitting & waiting for my return as well since Me & Delroy always spend 2 much & always breaking stuff. So if the weather permits we will be looking to break something either the car or the time
    You boys should take the attention as a compliment because your ET has set a new benchmark given the raceweight, horsepower and short time.

The ET is much better than others have with a lower raceweight and more horsepower. It's even better than those with a better short time. So something you are doing is right!

Given your average short time and high trap speed it seems to me your ET is coming from a horsepower advantage over others, particularly in the top half of the track) rather than suspension setup. If it was a suspension advantage you would have a better short time (compared to others).

I would be interested to compare incrementals, especially 660' speed, against say Adam, Alan and Dave. Alan has the best short time so far, Adam has the previous best ET and Dave has the highest trap speed from memory. Comparing all four incrementals and knowing the DA and raceweight of each car we should be able to take some educated guesses at how you've managed to get to the top of the All Motor standings.

Love to see it guys, keep it up!

My Cars

Talking

You boys should take the attention as a compliment because your ET has set a new benchmark given the raceweight, horsepower and short time.

The ET is much better than others have with a lower raceweight and more horsepower. It's even better than those with a better short time. So something you are doing is right!

Given your average short time and high trap speed it seems to me your ET is coming from a horsepower advantage over others, particularly in the top half of the track) rather than suspension setup. If it was a suspension advantage you would have a better short time (compared to others).

I would be interested to compare incrementals, especially 660' speed, against say Adam, Alan and Dave. Alan has the best short time so far, Adam has the previous best ET and Dave has the highest trap speed from memory. Comparing all four incrementals and knowing the DA and raceweight of each car we should be able to take some educated guesses at how you've managed to get to the top of the All Motor standings.

Love to see it guys, keep it up!
    To be honest we didnt even know the car would run the time much less the mph with the diff thats been used. because the diff before put us in the 12.8s so we were estimating 13,s the shock when the clock tripped @12.6 with a 110 mph. we were trying to source out a 338 diff instead. He is still working on atleast cutting a 1.7 60ft & if he succeed we think we would shatter this present time. Thanks for the props & we cant wait either

My Cars
    2001 330i
    To be honest we didnt even know the car would run the time much less the mph with the diff thats been used. because the diff before put us in the 12.8s so we were estimating 13,s the shock when the clock tripped @12.6 with a 110 mph. we were trying to source out a 338 diff instead. He is still working on atleast cutting a 1.7 60ft & if he succeed we think we would shatter this present time. Thanks for the props & we cant wait either
    Maybe not the perfect thread to add this too, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

On my own car, I was launching at 6000 RPM with a 3.46 and didn't experience wheel spin. I had less HP than Delroy, but I still felt the diff was holding me back on the line and at the top end. Based on that, I believe Delroy needs either need more power, or more gear to improve his short time. That's just an opinion though, the best way to find out is testing.

Another odd experience with gears: I've been crew'ing for a low 10 second (350 SBC) race car over the summer. At the start of the season, it ran 10.3X @ 132mph/1.44 60 ft. Changing the gears from a 4.56 to 5.14s resulted in no change of 60 ft, ET, or MPH. Normally you see a difference in the splits, as you gain time in one part of the track and lose it elseware, but this didn't happen. Still scratching our heads on this one, but the car is deadly consistent.

You have to try stuff to find out what works, which is exactly what I believe your results show.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast