Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW Drag Racing Standings

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Good one Travis. Monster ET for that trap and huge short time for a street car. Can you post the full timeslip or advise the date of the pass please?
    No kidding on the monster ET. I'd love to hear more about this car in it's own thread. Travis?

My Cars
    1995 M3 Drag C4 Auto
    Sorry for the crappy time slip. I had a lot of time tweaking it so that it would be legible. Yes this is the one with the slushbox... 1.54 60ft was on a lower boost setting if I remember. On the next pass, I upped the boost and launch rpm and pulled a 1.43 60ft, but it was breaking up so badly that I shut down at the 1/8 mile. The reaction time of .391 would be a .891 by the old standards and it's slow because the converter was designed to be used with nitrous for spool (which I wasn't using) and foot braking instead of a transbrake. This was the first day with the car so I only made a few passes. I'm getting motivated so the car will be out soon. I need to get the autronic installed, two bars added for 9 sec certification, tiddy up under the hood, proper wheels and fresh tires, and some tow hooks and I'll be back at the track. Have one transmission kit pretty much ready to go....Who said automatics aren't fun????

Later
    GDM ENGINEERING

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Data of pass?
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Kenny, my 2000 M Coupe ran a 13.60@100.53mph with an intake and M50 manifold on street tires.

I have a vid for the time of a 13.60 time but you can't see the time very good because it was on the wrong time board and you can just see it for a second.

I have another vid of a 13.61@101mph if you want me to post that up for some evidence, but I will have to upload that to my photobucket account.

Here is the 13.60 run:

Edit:

At the time of this run I did not have a catback. The car dynoed at 212rwhp and 211rwtq.
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    2000 328ci
    i need to be added:
    13.768 @ 103.52
    ~2900lbs w/ driver
    mods:OBD1 S52, TRM chip, conforti cold air intake, 2.5" custom exhaust

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    Kenny, my 2000 M Coupe ran a 13.60@100.53mph with an intake and M50 manifold on street tires.

I have a vid for the time of a 13.60 time but you can't see the time very good because it was on the wrong time board and you can just see it for a second.

I have another vid of a 13.61@101mph if you want me to post that up for some evidence, but I will have to upload that to my photobucket account.

Here is the 13.60 run:

Edit:

At the time of this run I did not have a catback. The car dynoed at 212rwhp and 211rwtq.
    Your name and date of the pass?
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by swollix View Post
    i need to be added:
    13.768 @ 103.52
    ~2900lbs w/ driver
    mods:OBD1 S52, TRM chip, conforti cold air intake, 2.5" custom exhaust
    Your name, date of the pass and timeslip or video?

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Your name and date of the pass?
    I don't remember the exact date, but I want to say it was May 17th, 2008.

My name is Jon Levesque.
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    I don't remember the exact date, but I want to say it was May 17th, 2008.

My name is Jon Levesque.
    Jon you're added!

My Cars
    1995 M3 Drag C4 Auto
    Kenny, It was may 8, 2008...Thanks
    GDM ENGINEERING

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Go Travis!

My Cars
    90 e30m, 99 323, 93 e36 race car,00 dinan m5

12.6 110mph n/a

kenny could u include, my friend Delroy Barclay (raymond 97) in the n/a standing, he's a new member and ask me to post his time slip, he'll be posting his vid soon, thanks, he's left lane, right lane was a Z06 (he was very pissed)
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3

Cool 12.623 110mph n/a

Hey Kenny
    My name is Delroy Barclay ( screen name: Raymond97). Please include me in the N/A standings. I am posting my time slip now. My video and photos will be posted later this evening after editing.
    My car is a N/A 1997 BMW M3 4dr. The car has a DVD player/ radio, A/C, etc.
    I drive to the track lower the tire pressure race then drive home. The car is licensed, registered and insured.

P.S. AJ from Autocraft in Long Island was one of the key person that help put this car together.
    Last edited by Raymond97; 09-07-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Giving credit

My Cars
    he was trying to post but being a new member, he's having a problem, he's sending me the vid so i can post it for him, according to the track scales the car is over 3100lbs
    Last edited by bimmertc20; 09-07-2008 at 03:31 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond97 View Post
    Hey Kenny
    My name is Delroy Barclay ( screen name: Raymond97). Please include me in the N/A standings. I am posting my time slip now. My video and photos will be posted later this evening after editing.
    I drive to the track lower the tire pressure race then drive home. The car is licensed, registered and insured.

P.S. AJ from Autocraft in Long Island was one of the key person that help put this car together.
    Hey Delroy, what a monster pass! Given that you're unknown here and that this would be the number one All Motor pass (you're not using nitrous, right?) I'd love to verify this huge pass with that video you mentioned before updating the list. I hope you understand that many people use this list as something to aspire to, so I make every effort to ensure every single entry is valid before adding it. When you're on the list you'll appreciate this approach! Welcome to the forum, good to have a new drag racer around!

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmertc20 View Post
    kenny could u include, my friend Delroy Barclay (raymond 97) in the n/a standing, he's a new member and ask me to post his time slip, he'll be posting his vid soon, thanks, he's left lane, right lane was a Z06 (he was very pissed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond97 View Post
    Hey Kenny

Hey Delroy, what a monster pass! Given that you're unknown here and that this would be the number one All Motor pass (you're not using nitrous, right?) I'd love to verify this huge pass with that video you mentioned before updating the list. I hope you understand that many people use this list as something to aspire to, so I make every effort to ensure every single entry is valid before adding it. When you're on the list you'll appreciate this approach! Welcome to the forum, good to have a new drag racer around!

i am also skeptical you would have to be making 300+ to get a 12.6 1/4 mile in a 3100lb car. is this a US spec M3 motor?
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    1994 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3 CRAZY View Post
    i am also skeptical you would have to be making 300+ to get a 12.6 1/4 mile in a 3100lb car. is this a US spec M3 motor?
    ditto, 100 shot of nitrous is my guess
    cheers, Alan

1/4 mile-12.92 @ 108.64mph-NA 3.0L m3 daily driver

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3 CRAZY View Post
    320+ hp by my calculations...you have to go into the bottom end to support that with an S52.

My Cars
    ok, heres the mods done to the car, full AA race exhaust, schrick intake manifold, cams (custom grind), vanos deleted, aem fuel management (tuned by sean ivey), 3:64 diff ran 12.8 (blew up)1/4 in 4th gear, stock diff 3:23 ran 12.6 1/4 in 3rd gear, the key to running these times in my opinion was keeping the motor in it's sweet spot, (wasted rpm means wasted time)repeatability and consistancy, top end is lacking and we're working on that, moving our shift point 500rpm make a major difference, oh and the driver weights in at about 246lbs that was added into the 3100lbs + #, why is hp #'s so important, WHAT ABOUT TORQUE, no nitros after we beat the Z06 he was so pissed he had the track ck the car (they were pleased with the results), if anyone wants to see this car we will come see u and show u the car if u r in the tri-state area, (even take u for a ride), more to come,

My Cars
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF-uiK8n7PQ[/ame]
    3100+ with driver, here's the vid, no crazy burnout, stock body car, hard to believe but true, my invite is open to all the skeptics, anyone one in the tri-state area pm me and u can see the car in person, we're just a bunch of crazy jamaicans having fun

My Cars
    where are these 300+ hp #'s coming from, by the end of the week it will be up to 400, can we get some credit for doing somethings different and getting good results, look at the vid no crazy burnout, just a simple car with the right pieces, is this good enough for the standings, i hope so cause we're gonna get faster, ///M3 crazy, is that a Z06 i see in your signature and u r also in jersey, (what's up) if u don't believe
    Last edited by bimmertc20; 09-08-2008 at 02:36 PM.

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    ok, heres the mods done to the car, full AA race exhaust, schrick intake manifold, cams (custom grind), vanos deleted, aem fuel management (tuned by sean ivey), 3:64 diff ran 12.8 (blew up)1/4 in 4th gear, stock diff 3:23 ran 12.6 1/4 in 3rd gear, the key to running these times in my opinion was keeping the motor in it's sweet spot, (wasted rpm means wasted time)repeatability and consistancy, top end is lacking and we're working on that, moving our shift point 500rpm make a major difference, oh and the driver weights in at about 246lbs that was added into the 3100lbs + #, why is hp #'s so important, WHAT ABOUT TORQUE, no nitros after we beat the Z06 he was so pissed he had the track ck the car (they were pleased with the results), if anyone wants to see this car we will come see u and show u the car if u r in the tri-state area, (even take u for a ride), more to come,
    where are these 300+ hp #'s coming from, by the end of the week it will be up to 400, can we get some credit for doing somethings different and getting good results, look at the vid no crazy burnout, just a simple car with the right pieces, is this good enough for the standings, i hope so cause we're gonna get faster, ///M3 crazy, is that a Z06 i see in your signature and u r also in jersey, (what's up) if u don't believe
    i'll give you that suspension and setup are very important. but the cars that do good et's on relatively low power usually run better 60 foot times and have much slower trap speeds.

the 300+ numbers come from physics books. there is a mathematical problem that allows you to determine the acceleration with a given weight of an object. so far you have given us every piece of the puzzle except the HP and that is easily calculated using math. don't stroke yourself thinking you gonna run me down with an n/a m3. the z has already been in the 11's stock (which quite a few people can't get it to do, cause they can't drive) and my car is at a shop getting a cam and head work right now. i will believe you ran down and beat a c5 z06 but unless the guy just can't drive at all a c6 z06 grocery store driving should still pull a mid 12 with no problem.

no one here doubts that you ran the time nor that it isn't possible but there is something you are not telling us yet, that is what we are saying. given the weight and given the et and trap speed we all know it takes about 300 or a little over to get those numbers. anyone who runs the big black dyno long enough knows what to expect.

My Cars
    "don't stroke yourself thinking you gonna run me down with an n/a m3. the z has already been in the 11's stock" never said i would beat u, just want u to believe what we have achieved, this car does not even make 290whp, and the car still boggs going into second, so it can be faster, no 320+ hp, or 100 shot,

My Cars
    80 supra,94 sc bmw, 88 sc f/x 16

n/a e36

Im the one who shot the vid & I know everything that there is to know about this car beside the driver & i can say this much that this car is not making 300 wheel power, & there is no power adders, the officials @ E-Town saw to that. The vid is up & the time slip is also there which the owner didnt want 2 do cause we have some money race cumn up & he didnt want to show his hand, so we hope these guys dont read this thread. No body has time to fabricate stories @ least we dont. It is what it is & a lot of time, R&D, sweat, a lot of breakage, & dollars was spent to get this #

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    "don't stroke yourself thinking you gonna run me down with an n/a m3. the z has already been in the 11's stock" never said i would beat u, just want u to believe what we have achieved, this car does not even make 290whp, and the car still boggs going into second, so it can be faster, no 320+ hp, or 100 shot,
    give up the magic number.... if you say you don't even make 290 that "leads me to believe" you are in the 280's range which isn't too far off of the 300 mark i was saying. with a great run and proper setup car then this is much more reasonable to believe. the fact is most of us know what it takes to get an et given the weight. and most of us know what the motors can produce N/A the highest i ever heard was 275 without a bump in compression. like i said the claim isn't far fetched it is we are trying to decipher how it was done.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast