Thread: Quick- need help w/ car cover question, or the cats die.

My Cars
    M3, MZ3, 348TS, Chevelle

Quick- need help w/ car cover question, or the cats die.

...well, they're gonna get knocked off anyway- it's just a matter of sooner or later.

I have just re-taken posession of my Z3 after getting it freshly repainted, and plan on ordering a car cover of some sort tonight, or tommorrow during the day.

I have a covered parking spot for the Z3, but unfortunately it is not completely closed like a garage, and the @#%@#@ stray cats LOOOOOOVE to come in and walk all over it to get up to the nice comfy soft top.

The result of this is nice little scratchy paw prints up the hood and down the back. I know that it generally isn't a good idea to use a car cover except for when the car is freshly clean to prevent the cover from scratching the paint with any dirt that is on the surface.

However, I feel that the damage from this would be easier to deal with come springtime when the car will be fully detailed to kick off the warmer weather, and then can be cleaned in the usual bi-weekly intervals.... A car won't stay clean for more than a day, or two at most up here in the winter.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cover may best be suited towards a situation like this?

I've been eyeing the Bav Auto Custom Fit Cover- Evolution 4.

As soon as I can get my hands on those little hood rats, they will be disposed of with extreme prejudice.

BMW M3 - Ferrari 348 - Chevrolet Chevelle

My Cars
    98 alpine m3, 94 bos
    yeah if you get a legit car cover...NOAH or OEM (which I think might be made by noah) or maybe the bavauto one...you should be fine. Just be carefu to keep it very clean, e.g. don't put the cover on when the car is dirty, and wash the cover periodically.

Also, don't use the cover when it's really windy.