Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeemax wide-body kit

My Cars
    528i, CTA9GSR

Zeemax wide-body kit

I know that Stylin has a Zeemax wide-body kit and was wondering how much it would cost to install one. Also, how much does the kit cost itself and what comes with the kit. And Stylin you have 1 extremely orgasmic ride...lol

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    stylin has the SMS slimline kit. Its not the wide body. Just to clear that up, you should be looking around 2k++ to install the wide body

A zeemax kit will run you 5K. A proper install of the kit can run you around 20K. WidebodyM3 has a zeemax kit and its beautiful.
    Avus Blue '95 ///M3

Help with the fight against cancer.
    Team BMW

My Cars
    2013 335i xdrive msport
    $20k? : Really?.....I figured it'd be much less than that. : then again, if you want it done right, it'll cost an arm and a leg.
    ~Chris

My Cars
    528i, CTA9GSR
    How much would a sms slimline body kit cost after installation? $20k seems a bit too pricey for me.....but whatever rocks ur boat.....

My Cars
    miss my rieger 3, but love my new S2000!
    Originally posted by streetrcrm3
    How much would a sms slimline body kit cost after installation? $20k seems a bit too pricey for me.....but whatever rocks ur boat.....
    the slimline kit stylin has will probably cost close to $2k after install and paint i'd imagine.
    note that he does not have the side skirts though.

nothing has to be replaced or widened w/that kit....the widebody kit however is a completly different story.
    ...'Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser.
    And the best that you can hope for, is to die in your sleep'

My Cars
    just an old 328
    My car is not a widebody.. the widebody conversion done by Extreme runs $28,000 from what a few people told me.

The slimline complete kit will run around $3000 in the end.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    I love the Zeemax wide-body kit but $28,000 to cut your fenders, mold the new ones, install new front and rear bumpers and paint your car...thats just plain rediculous.
    -Joe

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    28k my ass , I am looking into getting a wide body now , and bodyshops are no were near that

My Cars
    just an old 328
    extreme body conversions.. ask WidebodyM3 how much his car costed in the end. My friend Manny asked for a pricing too and got $28k.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    BMW
    You have to be STUPID to pay 28k for a body kit, absoultely asinine.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    but then we're talking a perfect job. complete body painting inside out.. Ive seen some really bad widebody work. When its badly installed.. it really looks like crap in the end.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

Stupid to pay 28k?

Kit from Zeemax 5K
    Complete repaint of car 10K
    The remaining 13k buys you
    Labor @ 60 $/per hr. 216 hrs
    Avus Blue '95 ///M3

Help with the fight against cancer.
    Team BMW

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    You can divide the money up however you want , it still shows how much your getting ripped off. If I recall body labor and paint labor are at different costs body@$45average and Paint @$28average hour . Thats here in NJ.

The only way I could justify paying all that is if they strip the hole car and do a repaint . But why would anyone want a body shop strip there car down to nothing. With the only big work being done to the rear body panels.

My Cars
    BMW
    I'm in colorado and have personaly visited extreme body Conv. and let me tell you, i saw one of the cars (the black widebody) in the paint booth and it was NOT completely striped out for the paint job, as a matter of fact the roof, doors and other parts were only scuffed (nothing wrong with that no reason to take the old paint completely off) and ready for paint, but 23K for fitting and painting ? come one get real.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    I think $28k for a widebody install is crazy too.... Personally i would goto Fiber Arts and get the carbon fiber widebody panels which will probably be cheaper than Extremebody's price.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    04 Jet Black E46 ///M3
    $28K .....are you kidding me? Thats just crazy. Why would anyone pay that much?

Better to get it done somewhere else.

Or get a brand new car.

My Cars
    No car at the moment
    well gene from nj had one of the first zeemax widebodies i dont think he paid anywhere near that price ..
    10k to repaint a car ?? ummm body shops do it here for like 2500 .. maybe 10k if u paint with that chamelon paint that changes colors:

My Cars
    everywhere
    Hey Willy, what, who, where is Fiber Arts????

Ok..I own the Black Widebody...and I did pay some crazy amount to get it done...was it worth it? Hell f-in yeah...Will I ever get back the money I put in? No... Oh well...At least I know my car will never fall apart or crack or peel. I paid for a high end install for the piece of mind.

Think about it..say you paid a body shop 12k for install and paint,
    Car gets done, you are happy...6 months down the line the car begins to crack at the body kit points. It is now out of the 'body shop warranty' you are required to 'bondo' your car up to patch the job and now you have a worthless car that is coming apart. The money you saved will have to go back into the car to repair a half-ass install because some moron who can "put on front bumpers" thought they could install a 6k+ kit. Now you have just destroyed your quarter panels and the kit, and you will be down without a car for at least 2 months to repair it.

Why am I so passionate about this? Because I witnessed it with a 15k ACS CLS II conversion...the guy paid Conversion Techniques 7,000 dollars to install an 8,000 dollar ACS kit. Boy did he get what he paid for...His car is completely destroyed and when people ask him why his car is cracking at the rear window seams, he answers "My suspension is too tight and it twisted the body".

I am not the type of person who likes to do things twice...Why do people send their cars over to Active for 20K+ turbo installs? Because they want the best and they will pay for the piece of mind of 'doing something once'.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Acutally painting the whole car can run up to $7500.. $2500 for a entire car is probably a bad job. I know when Manny's car got keyed all up.. his bill was like $6000.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    88 M5 FOR SALE, E92 335i
    Come on, people? Do any of you own body shops? Have any of you ever installed the Zeemax widebody kit? Do you have any idea what is involved to cut the fenders, wheel wells, etc? Don't call $28k asinine, stupid, or a rip-off until you see the end result and compare it to a $10k job. These kits are no "plug and play" weekend job. If you want to properly widen the track with wider wheels, you need to take care of the fenders to keep the tires from rubbing. Is $28k outrageous? Not if you can afford it! Why do they charge $28k? Because 1) they do a perfect job on it (no returns) and 2) they can. If the work is really that good, then those who want the job done right, the first time, will pay that amount. Would I? No way. If I wanted a really wide car, I'd buy a Z06 or Viper.

Some of you guys need to back up a bit and loop at it a little more objectively.
    James Muskopf
    RRT Racing
    DC Metro's premier BMW service and racing facility

My Cars
    miss my rieger 3, but love my new S2000!
    Originally posted by JamesM3M5
    Come on, people? Do any of you own body shops? Have any of you ever installed the Zeemax widebody kit? Do you have any idea what is involved to cut the fenders, wheel wells, etc? Don't call $28k asinine, stupid, or a rip-off until you see the end result and compare it to a $10k job. These kits are no "plug and play" weekend job. If you want to properly widen the track with wider wheels, you need to take care of the fenders to keep the tires from rubbing. Is $28k outrageous? Not if you can afford it! Why do they charge $28k? Because 1) they do a perfect job on it (no returns) and 2) they can. If the work is really that good, then those who want the job done right, the first time, will pay that amount. Would I? No way. If I wanted a really wide car, I'd buy a Z06 or Viper.

Some of you guys need to back up a bit and loop at it a little more objectively.
    well said
    ...'Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser.
    And the best that you can hope for, is to die in your sleep'

My Cars
    BMW
    Originally posted by JamesM3M5

All these same questions apply to you. Have you ever installed a wide body kit ? are you sure it's really that expensive to do? do you own a body shop ?
    I'm sure shops that build hot rods from rust buckets would be more then capable of fitting one of these kits for a lot less, and stand behind and warrant there work! Does Extreme do good work ? Yes Is it worth it ? yeah, if you can afford it nothing wrong with that. is it cheap to do this type of job ? No, i'm simply saying that they are a overpriced. Overpriced meaning atleast 8K, so if you notice the end result will still cost you 20K by no means cheap.
    One of the things that turned me off when i visited extreme is what Ed said :
    "I deal with a different kind of customer, rockstars, athletes, actors, and wealthy individuals. These are the customers that buy these cars and don't mind shipping me there car for months and not worry about it and not worry about the bill".
    Doesn't exactly sound like he's after my best interest, only my dollar. I don't know if he was simply show-boating or he really ment it, but I certainly didn't appreciate it! That is what gives me the conclusion that they are over priced

Originally posted by aceves

All these same questions apply to you. Have you ever installed a wide body kit ? are you sure it's really that expensive to do? do you own a body shop ?
    I'm sure shops that build hot rods from rust buckets would be more then capable of fitting one of these kits for a lot less, and stand behind and warrant there work! Does Extreme do good work ? Yes Is it worth it ? yeah, if you can afford it nothing wrong with that. is it cheap to do this type of job ? No, i'm simply saying that they are a overpriced. Overpriced meaning atleast 8K, so if you notice the end result will still cost you 20K by no means cheap.
    One of the things that turned me off when i visited extreme is what Ed said :
    "I deal with a different kind of customer, rockstars, athletes, actors, and wealthy individuals. These are the customers that buy these cars and don't mind shipping me there car for months and not worry about it and not worry about the bill".
    Doesn't exactly sound like he's after my best interest, only my dollar. I don't know if he was simply show-boating or he really ment it, but I certainly didn't appreciate it! That is what gives me the conclusion that they are over priced
    No worries...he said the same to me...and I am no rockstar or pro athlete...He is a nice guy, but when he built million dollar cars for Koenig Specials he was used to what you explained above. But I have told him time and time again...You can't have that attitude in CO...Come to CA or go to Miami...open up a shop...and have that attitude...because CA and Miami both have a lot people with way too much money.

He also hates building rice rockets...I am sure you didn't know that 3/4 of the people who come into his shop ask "how much is it to install an erebuni kit on my honda"...He gets sick of that type of sh-t and built up this ass-ole attitude to people who he feels are not serious. But if you were serious and had a sit down with him and told him exactly what you wanted to build and how you want it to look...You will see his true colors.

He did a lot of favors for me including fully installing (85% done) a fake Zeemax kit (SMS) removing it when we got the real one...and reinstalling the real one and no extra labor charge. So he technically worked 400+ hours on my car but only charged me for 200+ out of the goodness of his heart. So is he high-priced...Yes...Worth it...Yes...Out for only your money....Hell No...

If you have anything built by him he will always exceed your expectations...Just look at the work he did for the silver slimline he built in SF...The owner paid a high premium for Ed to install his Slimline and it is the niceset complete Slimline I have ever seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast