Thread: Looking for Business CD Player

My Cars
    91 318is, 98 Z3

Looking for Business CD Player

Hi there,

I was interested in adding a BMW Business CD Player to my 98 z3 in exchange for the tape deck.

Is this a wise idea? I would prefer to use a headunit that has the stock appearance to it, but can handle CDs.

Does anyone have one sitting around that they are willing to part with?

Thanks, Bill.

My Cars
    Z3 3.0i Roadster, E39 530i, Toyota Previa S/C
    this is just one person's opinion, but i think for the money, you can spend about $200 more and get the BMW Traffic Pro which plays CDs, has a navigation system, looks BMW stock, has a classic two knob radio look, and can control stock CD changers or aftermarket ones with soundgate adaptor. and actually, the sound the Traffic Pro uses is much better than the CD43 unit you're talking about.

I have one, and I love it. I also have the MP3 capable CD changer by using the Soundgate adaptor and I carry about 700 songs in my trunk.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerZ5
    this is just one person's opinion, but i think for the money, you can spend about $200 more and get the BMW Traffic Pro which plays CDs, has a navigation system, looks BMW stock, has a classic two knob radio look, and can control stock CD changers or aftermarket ones with soundgate adaptor. and actually, the sound the Traffic Pro uses is much better than the CD43 unit you're talking about.

I have one, and I love it. I also have the MP3 capable CD changer by using the Soundgate adaptor and I carry about 700 songs in my trunk.
    From what I've read... what he said.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    Dog Mover
    I agree, either get a traffic pro (if you can find one) or a cd changer and keep the tape deck (I just happen to be selling a changer )
    Things you might like to buy:
    Lots of Z3 stuff!

My Cars
    '88 325is | '03 325i | '
    I just sold my Business CD Player on eBay for $350 replaced it with an Alpine unit that controls my iPod and XM radio with way better sound.

Unless you just want the stock unit… I say look else where.
    Scott///M | BeerTech #467 | Spec E30

My Cars
    '98 M Roadster
    i can get traffic pros if anyones interested. i have one and love it. very oem

My Cars
    tank
    sorry to hijack the thread....curious, why do they call it the Business CD player?
    Sorry... the server is too busy to fulfill your request. Please try again later.

My Cars
    91 318is, 98 Z3
    I'm definately interested, what's your source? And a price?

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeraph
    i can get traffic pros if anyones interested. i have one and love it. very oem

My Cars
    Z3 3.0i Roadster, E39 530i, Toyota Previa S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg
    From what I've read... what he said.
    Totally off topic, but you have denso iridiums on plasma coils right? does your ECU throw out the ignition coil feedback error code on all cylinders?