Thread: Speedometer Calibration in Raleigh, NC area

My Cars
    98 M3 sedan

Speedometer Calibration in Raleigh, NC area

Hi guys,
    I got a reckless driving ticket in VA , and looking for a shop that can help me with speedometer issue.
    Anyone know a good shop in Raleigh area, please help
    Thanks alot!

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    You need a MoDiC to recalibrate the cluster but as far as I know everyone will deny that the cluster can be recalibrated, even dealers. Good luck with the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    ha damn. my gf and I live in raleigh and she just got a ticket in VA, too. let me guess, Emporia? thats like the biggest speed trap on the planet.

theres a shop downtown who'll check your speedo for cheap, but i dont know that he can calibrate it.. i'll ask her what the name of the shop is soon

My Cars
    M3, 335, S2K, 5.7 Tundra
    My understanding is that neither NC nor VA accept "improper equipment" i.e. poorly calibrated speedometer as an excuse for speeding, although they did in the past...

My Cars
    1995 M3
    A friend of mine of mine had a 300zx with the digital speedometer. The speedometer died, and before he got it fixed he got a speeding ticket. The judge told him that he was lucky that he doesn't get hit with a faulty equipment ticket as well as the speeding ticket. NC is pretty lame with the speeding enforcement, but not as bad as VA.

Hey TXBDan, where in Cary do you live?? I live in Cary as well!

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    ^ha, cool. i live near the mall off walnut, you? mines an alpine white sedan w/ e46 sport wheel replicas.

i know a nother guy w/ an S50 alpine white coupe in cary also.

My Cars
    98 M3 sedan
    don't go to VA without your V1

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan
    ^ha, cool. i live near the mall off walnut, you? mines an alpine white sedan w/ e46 sport wheel replicas.

i know a nother guy w/ an S50 alpine white coupe in cary also.
    I live like 5 mins from Cary Town Center. I live off of lake pine drive. I also have a alpine m3 coupe. PM, we should meet up some time.

Quote Originally Posted by 98PurpleSed
    don't go to VA without your V1.
    Ever gotten a radar detector fine in VA?? They take it and give you like a 100 dollar fine. Not good.

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Bradley's is the name of the speedo shop in Raleigh.

^yeh, ever go to the nceuro.org meets?

and yeh, definately just slow down in VA. i have a V1 and it comes down every time. just not worth it.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I've been to bradley's. It was like 10 or 20 dollars and they test your speedo.

And sadly no i haven't gone to any nceuro.org meets. I just got my BMW back in august. I do have a friend that has gone to some.

My Cars
    Frontier

Speedometer Testing - Robbie's Truck & Auto Service

Quote Originally Posted by 98PurpleSed View Post
    Hi guys,
    I got a reckless driving ticket in VA , and looking for a shop that can help me with speedometer issue.
    Anyone know a good shop in Raleigh area, please help
    Thanks alot!
    It took me a while to find anyone in the area that could do it, but I finally found Robbie's Truck & Auto Service. It was really fast and easy, only took about 10 minutes and I was on my way with the necessary Speedometer Verification. You need it notarized for Virginia and he's got someone that can do that. But usually not necessary in NC. I recommend them and will probably start using them for repair needs as well. Robbie is a really nice guy that knows his stuff.

Robbie's Truck & Auto Service
    919-833-2966