Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it seems like a common question...

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r

If it seems like a common question...

To anyone that has just joined bimmerforums.com, please do a search on any of the basic forum questions that have been covered many times. Example is: (how many posts do I need for an avatar?, how can I post sig pics?)

These questions are all answered by our friendly moderators and admins dozens of times each day. Please do a search before you ask these questions.

My Cars
    02 530i 5-spd
    how about a list of answers to those questions instead of a new thread telling people to search? seems kind of counter productive IMO.

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GatoEnFuego
    how about a list of answers to those questions instead of a new thread telling people to search? seems kind of counter productive IMO.

How many people will actually read said thread with FAQs rather than posting a new thread? I can say with almost 100% certainty that no one will take the time or make an effort to do a search or read threads. It's less effort for to make a thread; therefore that's what they will do.

My Cars
    1995 m3, ninja 500r
    Quote Originally Posted by GatoEnFuego
    doing a search under "signature" "avatar" etc will direct you to exactly what you are looking for, if you narrow down the search terms to the questions board.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ghlight=avatar

Links questions:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ighlight=links

Signature questions:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ight=signature

PM questions:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=message

There, happy?

My Cars
    02 530i 5-spd
    i've already figured it all out, but i think that'll help out all the other noobs.

My Cars
    VF
    A lot of good the search function does if it's always disabled....

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by kindtree
    A lot of good the search function does if it's always disabled....

My Cars
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    www.google.com

Search terms:

site:forums.bimmerforums.com search terms

The nice thing about this is that it allows you to search for 2 and 3 letter words.

My Cars
    1983 633CSi/A
    True, I like the search feature, though, when you're looking for a certain item in a single subject it does get vauge from time to time. I miay be doing it wrong though.

My Cars
    2015 428iX Coupe
    Noob here...the search function isn't that good, I try to use it for anything I might want to know figuring it's already been asked, and I either get threads I'm not looking for, or no results at all.
    How about directing me to posting pictures within the threads? I have JPG's of my car, most over 1MB, on my computer...can i get these into posts in order to get user opinions? Thanks. I'e tried the attachment thing and had no luck..too big a file for that.

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0si
    If it seems like a common question (like why can't I use smiles or post URL's or pictures right away) there must be some stupid rule that defies all logic. The search function does leave a lot to be desired as well.
    2006 Z4 3.0si - Montego Blue / Black Top / Beige Leather / Automatic / Sport / Premium / Xenons / Heated Seats / Mark IV Armrest / DICE IPOD Adapter

My Cars
    1996 Saturn SL2 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin528 View Post
    How many people will actually read said thread with FAQs rather than posting a new thread? I can say with almost 100% certainty that no one will take the time or make an effort to do a search or read threads. It's less effort for to make a thread; therefore that's what they will do.
    I would, and thats how I found this thread ;-)

99% of the time you find a DefStatic at a forum, it is me. And I have learned to try your best and search as much as possible. But threads like this stick out IMO for me ;-)

My Cars
    Accord
    The last thing I was looking for was a FAQ section. UsuallyI figure it out along the way, however in this forum I actually needed assistance.

My Cars
    07 328i HT conv. AT--04 Subaru FXT

test

Lets see if I can post here since I can't anywhere else..
    FAQ: when can I post?

My Cars
    Bmw
    I find this info worth while, maybe it's just me

My Cars
    BMW 325 xi 2002

325 XI 2002-vibration-Help

I recently purchased a 2002 325xi and it has an annoying vibration. New front drive axles, driveshaft, tires , ect. The vibraton feels like it is either in the back or under the seat. There is a lot of slop in the front bearing of the transfer case to the front drive shaft. The front driveshaft is tight.

Is it possible for this car to have a worn out transfer case at 68,000 miles? I find it hard to believe? The vib is during acceleration and decelleration.

Where do I get a rebuild kit for the Xfer case?

BMW NA is helping me out very kindly. I am so far impressed with there assitance but we will see if they "come through" I will post to inform everyone of BMW follow through.

My Cars
    97 Alpine White 328i
    hello

My Cars
    i totally forgot about the search feature! thanks.

My Cars
    740I

Newby with a question

I am sure this is a stupid question but I just got my 2001 740i. I have purchased the navteq CD for my region but there is a lot of buzz about a software upgrade. Does the factory system need the software upgrade or are the other chains about a after market system?

My Cars
    1989 325i
    ok im sure this is a stupid question but how do you post new threads, its like 3 in the morning and i still cant figure it out...

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89325bmw4life View Post
    ok im sure this is a stupid question but how do you post new threads, its like 3 in the morning and i still cant figure it out...
    89325bmw4life,
    Welcome to Bfc.

It's pretty much the same button you clicked to reply to this thread except it's at the top and bottom left of a "main forum" window and not within an existing thread.
    Last edited by jamesdc4; 02-18-2009 at 12:28 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    n00b questions:

First, I created a thread, but accidentally mis-named it. Upon trying to go back and edit it, I found that I could only edit the message not the title. Is it possible to edit the title of a thread once it has been created (I did a search, but didn't turn up anything useful)?

Second, I thought that if I couldn't edit the title, I would just delete the thread and start a new one with the correct title. I searched about how to "delete a thread", but only turned up hundreds of posts from the FDM thread, lol. Is it in fact possible to delete a thread?

Sorry for these mundane and probably already-answered questions.

~Joe
    "His reputation is expanding faster than the universe; he once had an awkward moment just to see how it feels; he lives vicariously through himself; he is the most interesting man in the world"

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    C'mon mods, rip into me for asking a stupid question

But seriously, I'd like to know how to edit these features so I don't end up clogging the forums. Thanks!
    "His reputation is expanding faster than the universe; he once had an awkward moment just to see how it feels; he lives vicariously through himself; he is the most interesting man in the world"

My Cars
    ///M ustang
    If the thread title really needs to be edited PM one of the moderators of that subforum requesting the change, otherwise, just live with your typo being out there for all to see.
    FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    Thanks ecrouse, I just feel like a moron having accidentally asked people for help with a suspension issue on a "95 E30 M3", when clearly the E36 body style was in production that year. I haven't gotten any real answers, just people correcting me over and over again... eh, what are you going to do...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast