Thread: engine running hot and aux fan will not come on...

My Cars
    wish it was 1 of each

engine running hot and aux fan will not come on...

i'm already doing the entire cooling system: all new(radiator, low temp thermostat, aluminum thermostat housing, low temp coolant sensor, water wetter, all 10 to 12 hoses and water pump w/metal impeller). am i missing something? deleting fan while i'm doing this by the way. TIA

My Cars
    01 740i,97 Z3, 07 X3
    This might sound stupid, but did you check the fuses?
    '10 328i
    '07 X3
    '97 Z3 1.9

My Cars
    Just to see if the fan works period, turn on the AC. The fan should go on no matter what, and if it doesn't something is wrong.

My Cars
    wish it was 1 of each
    i will try this and see if it works.

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA
    my brother had a problem like this in his 92 325. the fan clutch needed to be replaced.

edit: oops i just saw you are doing the fan delete.
    M52 Power! 500whp?, ? ft/lbs
    Mods:8.5:1 CP pistons, Eagle rods, S52 cams, M50 intake manifold, Eurosport High Performance underdrive pullies, 3.23 lsd, ZKW's w. DDE, BBS RC's 18x8.5, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sport springs, Eibach sway bars, BMW Motorsports x-brace, pwr 57mm rad, stewart high performance water pump, 6000k prolumen hid's, m tech kit

custom turbo: sias tuning tec3, t67 ho, spa turbo manifold, 24x12x3 ebay intercooler, 750 cc low impedence injectors, arp head studs, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, hks ezII evc, tial 50mm bov, tial 40mm wastegate, plx m250 wideband o2, cartech motor mount, turbowerx oil scavenge pump, spa gauges

My Cars
    wish it was 1 of each
    Quote Originally Posted by byron
    my brother had a problem like this in his 92 325. the fan clutch needed to be replaced.

edit: oops i just saw you are doing the fan delete.
    anybody have any idea what an aux fan goes for?

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    b4 that make sure the aux fan sensor is good?

My Cars
    92 325i--> Pure Dance
    Im having the same problems, Whenthe AC is on the fan doesnt spin. Whats else should we check?

SG_M3 on drifting
    Quote Originally Posted by SG_M3 View Post
    don't get me wrong, as a sport its one of the lamest. Its the figure skating of motorsports.
    FOR SALE!!!!!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1012468

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA
    anybody have any idea what an aux fan goes for?
    just look into a new fan clutch and check to make sure the t stat is working. try some water wetter.
    M52 Power! 500whp?, ? ft/lbs
    Mods:8.5:1 CP pistons, Eagle rods, S52 cams, M50 intake manifold, Eurosport High Performance underdrive pullies, 3.23 lsd, ZKW's w. DDE, BBS RC's 18x8.5, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sport springs, Eibach sway bars, BMW Motorsports x-brace, pwr 57mm rad, stewart high performance water pump, 6000k prolumen hid's, m tech kit

custom turbo: sias tuning tec3, t67 ho, spa turbo manifold, 24x12x3 ebay intercooler, 750 cc low impedence injectors, arp head studs, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, hks ezII evc, tial 50mm bov, tial 40mm wastegate, plx m250 wideband o2, cartech motor mount, turbowerx oil scavenge pump, spa gauges

My Cars
    wish it was 1 of each
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.WA///M
    b4 that make sure the aux fan sensor is good?
    is this the one that goes on the side of the radiator? if so, i'm already replacing the original one with a low temp sensor to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by byron
    just look into a new fan clutch and check to make sure the t stat is working. try some water wetter.
    even though i have a brand new fan clutch, i'm doing the fan delete mod so this will not help. i am doing 2 bottles of water wetter though along with all else i memtioned on my first post.

the car has been stopped for a long time so i'm thinking that either the thermostat had gone bad or maybe even the water pump. i'll let you members know how it went after i'm done with this small job.

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    yep thats the one i was speaking of