Thread: Question about Monroe shocks hardware.

My Cars
    2007 Honda Element EX

Question about Monroe shocks hardware.

Well, I got my shipment of my two front struts and two rear shocks today. The front struts came in badly torn boxes. All that was included with them was one bolt and a little folded up paper.

Am I missing hardware? What's suppose to be uncluded with these? The shipment also came with two empty bags.

Anybody know what's up?

My Cars
    '01 MCoupe '02 M3C/6
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroSpec328is
    Well, I got my shipment of my two front struts and two rear shocks today. The front struts came in badly torn boxes. All that was included with them was one bolt and a little folded up paper.

Am I missing hardware? What's suppose to be uncluded with these? The shipment also came with two empty bags.

Anybody know what's up?
    I know it came with new locking nuts for the top strut mount - may have had some washers also, but can't swear to it. If it was me I'd be on the phone VERY quickly to whoever sold them to you. If it was RockAuto - you might let them know this is happening with great regularity and shipping has to be changed to prevent it.
    Don Eilenberger
    '01 M-Coupe, '03 525iaT, '07 R1200R
    '06 Porsche Cayenne S - Titanium Edition (Iceland silver/Titanium

My Cars
    Jeep ZJ, 95M3
    i know the reg shcks only come with washers and lock bolt for the top, i am pretty sure the struts are the same

My Cars
    1997 M3 Sedan
    I just got my monroe's today. My front struts only came with one bolt and a shitty little instruction manual. I don't know if this is all that they are supposed to come with, but it seems like we got the same thing.

My Cars
    2007 Honda Element EX
    Quote Originally Posted by zrozof
    I just got my monroe's today. My front struts only came with one bolt and a shitty little instruction manual. I don't know if this is all that they are supposed to come with, but it seems like we got the same thing.
    Well, I'm gald to know I'm not alone. I'll call RockAuto and check. I'll post back here with update.

My Cars
    1997 M3 Sedan
    Also I think I should mention that I didn't get mine from RockAuto. I got it from a Yahoo store. PickProParts I think it was called. So we got it from two different suppliers and got the same basic package it seems.

My Cars
    JK, SE30, Motorhomie
    I just ordered a set of those monroes from pick pro parts. I should get the fronts tomorrow.

The rears showed up today without problems. We shall see tomorrow.

My Cars
    JK, SE30, Motorhomie
    I got them today, and the boxes were in decent shape, except the nut for the strut (no rhyming intended) was not in the box.

Also, there were no boots, or bump stops included. I was curious so I called monroe. I figured the number was in Michigan, so why not.

The only thing that is supposed to be included was the nut. The "boot kit" is sold separately.

I hope these ride nice. Looks like I will be re-using my old strut nuts.

My Cars
    2007 Honda Element EX
    Fog is correct.

I got on the phone with rockauto.com and they weren't sure of what kind of hardware was supposed to come with the struts/shocks. Monroe was closed at the time so the girl said she'd call them in the morning for me and return my call. She left me a voice message this morning and informed me that Monroe said the only thing that was supposed to be included with the strut was one nut.

I didn't question her about my rear shocks since they were double packaged.

I also complained about the condition of their boxes after shipment and explained that this has happened to tons of people that I talk to ie. Bimmer Forums, and she said she has not heard enough of the complaints to have the manager concider different shipping methods, but that she would inform him/her about my complaint.

We'll see what happens.

My Cars
    1997 M3 Sedan
    Do we need the "boot kit"? and do you think I could possibly transplant the one from the bilsteins. Also, I can't believe I never noticed it, but the two front struts are in completely different boxes. one of them is black and looks very similar to the boxes that the rears came in. The other one is white and looks absolutely nothing like the other three boxes. The part numbers appear to be correct and the hardware looks identical, but didn't monroe switch the sensatrac at some time. I sure as hell hope I didn't get the old model for one of the struts. eurospec and foglight do all of your boxes look the same?
    Last edited by zrozof; 12-18-2005 at 02:26 PM.

My Cars
    1997 M3 Sedan
    Come on guys, I need some help. I've got a appt. to have these things installed tomorrow.

My Cars
    97 M3 TTStgII
    You can reuse the boot kit.

As far as the variance between the items, I would call Monroe directly first thing in the AM, and describe the discrepancy. Their tech support is pretty good about picking up the phone.

Mine came in black boxes that said Monroe Sensatrac.

My Cars
    2007 Honda Element EX
    I don't know, dude. If the part number is the same, don't worry about it.

And no, you don't need the boot.