Thread: M50Manifold.com Kit Silicon Hose Fitment to CCV

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe

M50Manifold.com Kit Silicon Hose Fitment to CCV

So finally getting around to doing my manifold swap. Everything more or less ok up until I've got the new manifold in and mostly connected and it wants me to connect the loose end of silicone hose to the CCV around the throttle body coolant hoses (with no lube, no less). I can't for the life of me get the hose on. It seems like a very tight fit, and while maybe possible pre-installation it seems nearly impossible while reaching under the manifold with very little room or leverage.

How did everyone else do this? Do I need to take the whole thing out, start over with the hose fully connected, and just disconnect the throttle body coolant lines to run them through the loop?
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    I wish I had some feedback, but I think I used the Bimmerworld kit, and it was so long ago I don't remember any specifics. But it took me all night (seriously - I thought it would take a couple hours and I pulled an all- nighter).

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah… sounds about right.

I got it part way on with a heat gun helping, but just can’t get the leverage under the manifold to get the top of the hose all the way on since it’s coming up from slightly below. Resting my back and shoulders and then I’ll try again I guess.

Edit:
    Still no dice. The main issue seems to be the angle, in that instead of going straight on the fitting the hose is coming up from slightly below due to having to go under the manifold and being pressed down a bit by the throttle body coolant hoses. So I can get it onto the fitting all the way around, but the top of the hose is at least 1/4" from being fully seated. No matter how hard I press, which isn't that hard because it's impossible to get much force on it, it won't go any further. I'm really dreading having to take everything off and start over since I'm moving and need the car running in the next day or two (it's been on stands for a while, long story).

F it. I got it like 2/3 of the way on and as even as possible and just put the clamp on as close to the end of the hose as I could. Given how much of a PITA it was to get on I don't feel like the seal should be an issue. Fingers crossed. Hands are shredded and shoulders killing me from struggling with this thing for hours.
    Last edited by TostitoBandito; 04-25-2023 at 02:59 AM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    I spoke to Eric from M50Manifold.com this morning. I got my kit quite a while ago (probably 8+ years) and it turns out that the first gen silicone hose didn't have a flared end and was a couple mm small for that fitting on the CCV (can confirm, definitely smaller than the fitting lol). But as I got it mostly on and didn't use any lube it shouldn't squeeze its way off. He offered to send me a newer hose which has a flared end and goes on much easier if I have problems and need to rip it all out. But for now I think I'm gonna go with it.

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    I did mine with the alternator pulled as it turns out my alternator dies the same day I got the M50 manifold kit. With that out of the way I am had a lot more room to work.

Dish soap is a great lube for fitting hoses.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah I had the alternator out for the whole project too, as the first thing I did was replace the oil filter housing gasket to stop the last of my (current) nagging oil leaks. The extra room certainly helped. Long story short though, the car ended up sitting in the garage for over 2 years as other things in life came up, until I recently finished the manifold and everything the last few days. It drives now though!

The manifold conversion seems to be working great. When I initially fired up the car I got a CEL for the IAT sensor cause I was a dumbass and didn't label my loose cables/plugs (then took a two year break) so I ended up swapping the IAT and oil pressure (I think) wires since they use identical plugs and both come off the harness on the block. It was not fun fishing them back through under the manifold after it was installed to swap them. After I switched them the CEL was gone and no other issues.

Also, fun fact, the car fired up first try with a half a tank full of 2+ year old gas plus 5 gallons of fresh premium. I was afraid I might have to drain the tank based on things I read about old gas, but lucked out. Car is running fine, and I imagine it will be happier once it burns off this tank of frankengas.
    Last edited by TostitoBandito; 04-28-2023 at 01:51 AM.

My Cars
    97 M3, 2-97 328is
    Hey a local to me whos still on here!

I'm trying to tackle this project this weekend! just searching the forums to get some tips. Already have the manifold pulled and what not for the starter and didnt think to label anything -_- we'll see how it goes.
    Need graphic design work? LookAtMeSmile.com

Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Yup. A differnt time for the forum. The great threads get 12 replies. Shit threads get 12 pages.

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    I have the first gen m50manifold kit and remember the hose being super tight. I shoved my hand in there and scraped all the skin off to get it on there
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3