Thread: e46 M3: new race/track body parts available...

My Cars
    02 M3C, 02 X5, 99 MZ3, 02M3 #79 CM, 90 M3 #78 JS

e46 M3: new race/track body parts available...

Hey track junkies, we have a killer new set-up for you guys. These are going on all of our race e46s ASAP.

Front Bumper (PFRP, $1280 MSRP)
    [

Canards for the bumper (PPCC, $290 MSRP)
    [

These two pieces together are awesome. This is PTG level parts with integrated splitter, more efficient radiator/oil cooler ducting and brake ducting. Not only will this set your car appart, this will WORK!

Rear Bumper for single Race exhaust (PFRP, $1120 MSRP)
    [

This is perfect for those like us and Shep who have gone to a single true race exhaust. This also vents the pressure, so the rear trim does not become an "air shovel." =^)

Vented Hood (FRP, $1550 MSRP / PCC, $2350 MSRP)

Really functional and very different. We are using the Vorsteiner hoods on the race cars, but here is a nice alternative.

These are made by a leading manufacturer from Japan - C-West (very well known in the import, drifting, JGTC and time-attack crowds). We have space in the first US shipment fo these for anyone interested. Contact me directly for intro pricing and ETA.

Product info:

- PFRP: Pliable Fiber Reinforced Plastic:
    This material has similar properties to those of FRP, but is a lot more flexible. The front bumper and Front Half Spoilers made with PFRP are much more difficult to crack due to its flexibility. Side skirts and rear under fins are much more pliable when installing. Depending upon the paint, PFRP aero-parts are much easier to repair, even with damage received while the vehicle is in motion.

- FRP: Fiber Reinforced Plastic:
    This material is reinforced by the glass fibers in the polyester resin which strengthens fiber reinforced plastic products. A great property of this material is that you can form any size or shape while still retaining a large degree of strength. Due to these characteristics, FRP is widely used by most aero-parts manufacturers.

- PPPC: Press Polyester Carbon Composite:
    PPCC is basically the same material as PCC, but PPCC will provide better rigidity than PCC when creating complex shapes. This new method is used when producing much more complicated shapes that were originally almost impossible for others to create.

- PPC: Polyester Carbon Composite:
    C-West uses PCC for almost all of its Carbon Fiber products. The polyester resin is the same as that of FRP, but instead of glass fibers, Carbon Fibers are used to reinforce the product. Unlike FRP, the Carbon fibers in PCC are layered on top of each other, which is what makes PCC extremely strong and durable.

We will also be using the Vorsteiner Roof and CSL trunk lids on the race cars (available in Race Carbon for ultra ligth parts or stadard Carbon or Poly).

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!
    Brad

My Cars
    e46 m3, S4, A6, A3,
    So what do you think it does to the handling to go with the splitter but no rear wing?
    MAB

My Cars
    Can you say OVERSTEAR!

I think you would never be able to get the rear to stick on mid to high speed turns without a proper wing.

Thanks
    Brad

My Cars
    e46 m3, S4, A6, A3,
    That's what I figured. How much is the rear wing? Although the car is used mostly on the track it does see the street so I am hesitant to but a big wing on.
    MAB

My Cars
    Yea - I know where you are coming from. What we have done for customers who have the same feelings toward big wings on the street (which I agree with), is to mount the wing on a 2nd trunk. Then when you go to the track, swap the trunk out.

You can get used OE trunks cheap (we have a bunch), cut the insides out to lighten them. Then mount the wing. It is about 30 minutes to swap.

The wings we have range from $500 to $1600 for a proper CF race wing. You can also use the e36 LTW, tall LTW or PTG style wings.

We will have two PTG style wings available soon used - one FG and one CF.

Thanks
    Brad

My Cars
    e46 m3, S4, A6, A3,
    Now there is good idea! When spring rolls around and I pull the car out of storage I'll have to give that some serious thought. Do you think the LTW style wing would generate enough downforce for the splitter?
    MAB

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by MAB Badgerbimmer
    Now there is good idea! When spring rolls around and I pull the car out of storage I'll have to give that some serious thought. Do you think the LTW style wing would generate enough downforce for the splitter?
    Not the low one. Although those wings all have a lot of drag, so the PTG one would work. That is what we have been using on the HP and CM e46's so far. We are now going to a proper wing.

For the price though, the used LTG style or a new FG one is a good value.

give me a call in the spring and I can give you some ideas!

Thanks
    brad

My Cars
    95 M3, 02 Jetta 1.8T
    Brad, do you guys have a source for early E46 2 dr NON M3 hoods?

I'm talking like in the 6-8 lb range, not one of these 15-20 lb tuner hoods.

thanks
    '95 M3
    Dinan engine goodies, GC Coilovers, H&R Sway bars.

My Cars
    Sorry, only M3. I am sure I can find a source, but for good DRY carbon light, they will be 1500ish-2000.

Thanks
    brad

My Cars
    95 M3 and 03.5 M3
    looks good!

My Cars
    2011 E91
    Cool stuff!!

Now, get back to work on my front bumper cover/splitter. No more time spent on thes E46 parts!! 3 weeks left! Hurry up!
    Jon
    CURRENT:
    2011 E91 328i - Valentine One - LED Interior - Eibach Coilovers - Vossen Wheels
    SOLD:
    1989 E30 J-Stock
    1995 E36 C-Mod
    2003 E46 B-Mod
    1990 E30 325is - Red on Black
    1998 E36 M3 Convertible - Silver on Black
    2000 E39 540i Sport - Black on Black
    2005 325iT - Blue on Tan - 6sp - Koni's - Eibach - Valentine One - 3.64 LSD
    2006 E90 330i - Silver on Black
    2014 535i - Space Grey on Black - H&R - Valentine One