Thread: Crashed my bmw e30. help needed

My Cars
    E30 325i

Crashed my bmw e30. help needed

Hello. I have a question about my e30. A few days ago I lost control of my bmw 318i (1988). Fortunately, I only hit a curb. Unfortunately I hit it twice. First I hit it with a front wheel and then with a back wheel (driver side). The front wheel took all the damage and smashed into pieces. The car did not go anywhere after I crashed it. Later on we found out that the driveshaft at the back is broken.

The problem is this when we put a good wheel on it was in an angle. The question is how I can check what is bent? Will it be ok if I put a new driveshaft in?

If you have any ideas please help. Thank you

My Cars
    '89 325ix, '88 Celica Alltrac, '79 RX-7 plus 5
    Have you changed the rear lower control arm yet? What didn't break is bent out of shape.

My Cars
    E30 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by EH339
    Have you changed the rear lower control arm yet? What didn't break is bent out of shape.
    In 1988 model there are “2 arms joined together”. The control arm in 1988 model is big and looks very strong. I’ve attached the picture which I found on the net

teamdfl.com/bmw/e30/rear_wheel_bearings/Pages/Image9.html

My Cars
    2013 335i
    take your car to a frame shop. with that speed and type of collision, im willing to bet along with many broken suspension components you bent the chassis. a frame shop will be the only ones to tell you for sure
    -Anhizer
    1990 BMW 325i
    1954 Chevy Bel Air