Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Near" stock E36 M3 1/4 mile run

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpee
    Could you be a little more vague please?

I need remedial assistance!

Any suggestions on sizes, offsets, manufacturers, width, etc for things that are likely to be able to be shoehorned onto the back of my M3?
    I don't own an E36 dude! Custom means custom. Take it to a wheel shop and work with them to measure up all the clearances. Then get them to build a wheel to suit. You'll need to look carefully at the Mickey thompson site to select the height and sidewall width of each slick. I'd guess that 26"x8.5" ET Drags will fit under a stock E36 guard.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde
    I don't own an E36 dude! Custom means custom. Take it to a wheel shop and work with them to measure up all the clearances. Then get them to build a wheel to suit. You'll need to look carefully at the Mickey thompson site to select the height and sidewall width of each slick. I'd guess that 26"x8.5" ET Drags will fit under a stock E36 guard.
    Yes you do!

Last time I checked, you own an E36/8!!

I guess I will have to try to find a place to get some "custom" widdle teeny 15" wheels made up that I can shoehorn over my brakes!
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    1995 M3 sedan
    Interesting reading about 400m runs.

I was invited to a Ford drag day. I'd never dragged before so I went.

They had 6 cylinder class, turbocharged 6's, V8, turbocharged V8, a class of street race ford's FTO and F6's etc.

So I was asked to drag if I wanted, so I did

I had a stock 4door 3L 95 M3, and English imported to New Zealand. Previously I had also a 1997 4dr evo M3. But the the older and smaller 3L felt faster.

So I lined up against an FTO and won easily.

Best time was a 13.6!!

The Ford fans were all amazed, checking under my hood for a blower etc.

I cleaned up that day with consistent mid/high 13's

I far prefer excellence in engineering over cubic inches. Sadly I don't have that car any longer, was a few years ago now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12