Thread: can F1 be watched in the US this weekend????

My Cars
    e36 M3

Exclamation

so far it seems that no stations are allowed to broadcast Formula 1 this weekend in the US...man that sucks. Anybody know for sure???

Techno V M '98 M3 Coupe

Talking

Yes, the americans can watch the F1 race on SpeedVision, who recently aquired the rights. Quote from their site:

Speedvision Gets Formula 1!
    Stamford, Conn., March 1 — Speedvision.com has learned that the Speedvision network has been awarded the broadcast rights to the 2001 FIA Formula 1 World Championship season in the United States.

Details are still arriving, but the broadcast coverage of the first race will begin with qualifying Friday evening from this weekend's season-opening Grand Prix of Australia:
    • Live F1 qualifying will be shown Friday, March 2, beginning at 9:00 p.m. (Eastern);
    • Race preview will begin at 9:00 p.m. (Eastern) on Saturday, March 3, with live race coverage beginning at 9:30 p.m. (Eastern).
    <font color=#1010FF>Here is the link: http://www.speedvision.com/pub/artic...1/010301d.html</font>

My Cars
    e36 M3
    good deal, thanks

Techno V M '98 M3 Coupe

Thumbs up

Just an FYI, qualifying is tonight at 9PM EST and the race is tomorrow at 10PM EST.

<font size=2>US E36 ///M3 FAQ</font><font size=1> v.20 (Recommended for Newbies)</font>
    <font size=1 color=red>eurospeed</font>

Originally posted by eurospeed
    Just an FYI, qualifying is tonight at 9PM EST and the race is tomorrow at 10PM EST.
    Please read posts before replying, I already mentioned the schedule in my quote. There is also a full schedule in the link that I posted. Thanks for the information, though .

I read it knucklehead...I was just repeating so the post wouldn't get burried and others could easily spot the time.

(If you cared about repeating info so badly, then why did you requote it?)

<font size=2>US E36 ///M3 FAQ</font><font size=1> v.20 (Recommended for Newbies)</font>

Originally posted by eurospeed
    I read it knucklehead...I was just repeating so the post wouldn't get burried and others could easily spot the time.

(If you cared about repeating info so badly, then why did you requote it?)
    *grin*, I always quote whoever's message I'm typing a reply to, that's all. I'm not just repeating the information I missed the F1 qualification because I was at work most of the evening. Did you watch it? If so, how was it?

Ferrari boys 1,2 with Schumacher seemingly in control by over a half second in pole. Hakkinen, third, apparently made a few mistakes and couldn't get a clean run, but was optomistic about tonight's performance potential. Coulthard was a surprising sixth, so it could be that the Tifosi have a definite advantage. Engine and transmission reliability for the two big guns is questionable. At first glimpse, most of the cars are extremely ugly (linearly pointed nose, esp. Jordan) due to the rules changes. Ralph Schumacher qualified fifth and the Williams BMW looks very strong this year. Montoya did OK, although I don't remember his qualifying position. There were five new rookie drivers so it should be interesting.