RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Exhaust Gaskets? And O2 sensor questions

My Cars
    ???

Exhaust Gaskets? And O2 sensor questions

My exhaust is leaking at the flange that connects the muffle to the center pipe. There are diamond shaped flanges there, with two bolts and what appears to be a ceramic gasket in the flange. Is this a common part to replace?

Is there a difference between a 95 and a 98 M3 exhaust? Does the 98 have two additional oxygen sensors? My exhaust has two O2 sized holes with bolts plugging them, the car is a 95 with a 98 motor, and I'm thinking exhaust... Just curious to know if there is a difference between the two and how to keep the bolts from leaking...

Thanks!

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    Those "donuts" aren't commonly replaced, they don't really wear out. Perhaps whoever did the install either didn't tighten the bolts enough, forgot to install one of the two donuts (one on each pipe) or they dropped and broke the left donut then just kinda stuffed the pieces back in there

OBD-2 engines have four o2 sensors, one in each header and two in the cat. The problem that I see with using an OBD-2 cat with OBD-1 electronics is that the OBD-2 cat doesn't have the single o2 sensor spot at the "Y" where the two sets of exhaust headers dump in to the cat. Without that sensor spot my guess is that whoever did the install just used one of the two o2 sensor spots in the headers. Done that way only one bank of pistons is going to be measured. Not sure if that's really a problem or not, just a thought.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!