Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pair of Cobra Misano seats....interior makeover started!!

Puget Sound, WA - San Juan MM Philippines
    My Cars
    97 M-Technic 328i * 06 Navigator * 08 C350
    Quote Originally Posted by andy318iS
    blah blah blah.....mines tan
    Looks Modena. Tan is darker than what you have I believe.

My Cars
    318iS
    Quote Originally Posted by EEEEeeee36
    Looks Modena. Tan is darker than what you have I believe.
    Its not a BMW leather colour...its tan plain and simple.

Follow the latest on facebook: www.facebook.com/projekte36

My Cars
    Its not a BMW leather colour...its tan plain and simple.
    Forgive me, let me clarify. I wasn't speaking in terms of the BMW color specifically. Modena is based out of Ferrari, or rather Italy. It is yellow, primarily because it is the official color of the region that the city of Modena is in. Ferrari made it it's own and now they call their interior 'tan' Modena and they have an exterior color that is called "Giallo Modena" (very light yellow). So I apologize I didn't mean to compare it to BMW "Modena" interior, but actually to compliment it that it was a little more bright in the Ferrari sense of Modena, as opposed to plain Tan which typcially is a little more dull/earthy and not as bright. To put it simply, Modena is a Tan that is a little brighter and warmer.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." In other words, it still looks damn good!

EDIT: I learned a lot about Ferrari in high school when I talked a lot to my steady girlfriend's father. He was rebuilding a Diablo (which was a car that was co-designed with the House of Ferrari) and so he always gave me the history behind the House of Ferarri and the House of Diablo and etc etc. I then studied more of it because it was friggin cool.

My Cars
    318iS
    LOL you Americans...confusing me with your pet names for leather colour

cheers for the histiry leason EEEEeeee36 learn something new everyday

My Cars
    Mint 95 cosmos M3 & Ducati 748S
    ^what are you doing browsing forums?!?!?!!???

get back to work and post some more pics for us!!!
    [][][][]V[]

1) '08 Ducati 1098s: modded to the nines
    2) '01 Ducati 748s: track

The exes: black 95 M3, blue 95 M3, green 330is frankenbimmer

bf.c OT motorcycle club member #15

My Cars
    So many Audis
    LOL you Americans...confusing me with your pet names for leather colour

cheers for the histiry leason EEEEeeee36 learn something new everyday
    Stop posting and get back to work! Don't make us break out the whips and chains.

But seriously, you rock.
    -Tim

My Cars
    318iS
    Sorry fellas but some folk have to work to raise some $$$$ no more updates till the weekend..... be patient

My Cars
    Shopping cart magnet.
    pfft youll be fine just give blood while youre working on it. chop chop! back to work!

My Cars
    So many Audis
    You could also make donations of, um... "other" bodily fluids. They pay for that too.
    -Tim

My Cars
    318iS
    Righty, a couple progress pics of the dash

Whats been done?

The recess/indent along the top of the dash (passenger side) has been smoothed along with the little vent, the entire glovebox panel assembly has been thrown out and smoothed over :twisted: the little vent on the drivers side has also bitten the dust. The surround for the headlight alignment and dial brightness (that was already smoothed over) has now been blended in to make it part of the dash

I was going to retrim the main part of the dash with black leather and have the area around the dials etc in tan...... the tan is staying 8) :P. but......I've just started up playing with carbon fibre again.....

Sorry for the crap pics....I absolutely love how it looks, its hard to take them one handed :

My Cars
    BMW MINI PORSCHE
    i love it when work like that is done right. very cool

OBD1M52:S52cams:M50intakemanifold:3.38LSD:AAtuning :Eisenmannexhaust:Cosmosintake:Z3steeringrack:Mroa dsterSSK:KoniSA:
    EibachPro::ReRSM:Xbrace:MillimigliaMM2:Vaders:Alpi ne:Original MARB parts

Porsche 1997 993 911: Stock
    2003 Mini Cooper S: Supercharger Pulley: Borla exhaust
    1998 318ti: Stock

My Cars
    Mugello Rot E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lactomaniac
    i love it when work like that is done right. very cool
    Seriously, those are my favourite seats ever! Saving up for some myself!

1995 e36 //M3... Dinan Stage 1

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    we need updates once a day

My Cars
    1998 M3/2
    Quote Originally Posted by adeelpowers
    we need updates once a day
    Seriously, everytime I come to bfc I look for updates in this thread now.

My Cars
    350z
    I sent you an email bro..I actually have a 350z but interested in the leather supplier's contact info and how much a full or half hide from them would cost--I only need enough for a shift boot and my trunk enclosure..

Thanks,
    ravimohan1@gmail.com with any info

ravi

My Cars
    Looking...
    Ok, I have been here for a year and rarely post, but what you are doing here is the most amazing thing I've seen period, wasn't even a tan interior fan until I saw your thread, keep up the good work and good luck.

My Cars
    E36 328i
    Now that I've spent a crapload of time reading through the ENTIRE thread I feel the need to subscribe. This is CRAZY nice work you are doing andy!!! I, as well as the rest, will look forward to the next pictures. The finish will be sweet.

My Cars
    Righty, a couple progress pics of the dash

Whats been done?

The recess/indent along the top of the dash (passenger side) has been smoothed along with the little vent, the entire glovebox panel assembly has been thrown out and smoothed over :twisted: the little vent on the drivers side has also bitten the dust. The surround for the headlight alignment and dial brightness (that was already smoothed over) has now been blended in to make it part of the dash

I was going to retrim the main part of the dash with black leather and have the area around the dials etc in tan...... the tan is staying 8) :P. but......I've just started up playing with carbon fibre again.....

Sorry for the crap pics....I absolutely love how it looks, its hard to take them one handed :

I'm a carbon fiber man myself. When I finish my E46 inspired Boser CF Hood I'll send you some pics. The negative mold is already made; I just have to take the time and lay-up the final product (and decide if I want vents or not...).

You took the pics one-handed? I'm afraid to ask where the other hand was... I know you love your work, but....

What are you going to do about carpet? Have you sourced some nice thicker pile auto carpet like Highline and Exotic cars usually have?

My Cars
    none
    This is the most incredible interior makover ever... cant believe im just seeing this...

awsome

My Cars
    1995 M3
    yeah, where have you been man? this is only the most anticipated thread on bf.c

My Cars
    318iS
    Quote Originally Posted by WeiBCoupeE36
    hey..did those misano's lower ur driving position any? im pretty tall and need a seat that will put me a bit lower and still be able to adjust it...i dont want a fixed bucket. ive seen these in magazines forever...but never knew too much about htem.
    No they didn't lower the postion tbh...I've got a pair of lower subframes being made atm to hopefully lower the seats down pretty much to the floor. I'm pretty tall as well so I know where your coming from

Quote Originally Posted by erobinson
    Seriously, everytime I come to bfc I look for updates in this thread now.
    LOL I'd love to make more porgress on the porject but I do have a life outside of the e36 LOL honestly I do....

Quote Originally Posted by GQ 350z
    I sent you an email bro..I actually have a 350z but interested in the leather supplier's contact info and how much a full or half hide from them would cost--I only need enough for a shift boot and my trunk enclosure..

Thanks,
    ravimohan1@gmail.com with any info

ravi
    No worries man, when I get 5 I'll be sure to reply

What are you going to do about carpet? Have you sourced some nice thicker pile auto carpet like Highline and Exotic cars usually have?
    Not sure yet tbh all I know is I need a new carpet of some description

Quote Originally Posted by golfr247
    LMAO dude please dont build this thread too much haha its not all that. Its just me messing about with fibreglass and leather

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by golfr247
    Ain't that the truth. Andy you've inspired a full and complete movement of interior DIYers. Previously I've just thought about adding a few accents here and there. You've given me inspiration to rip out and redo my entire interior!!

Thank you for your contribution to BF.c!! You rock.

My Cars
    No they didn't lower the postion tbh...I've got a pair of lower subframes being made atm to hopefully lower the seats down pretty much to the floor. I'm pretty tall as well so I know where your coming from

LOL I'd love to make more porgress on the porject but I do have a life outside of the e36 LOL honestly I do....

No worries man, when I get 5 I'll be sure to reply

Not sure yet tbh all I know is I need a new carpet of some description

LMAO dude please dont build this thread too much haha its not all that. Its just me messing about with fibreglass and leather
    Andy did you ever buy an auto upholstery book or anything? Where did you learn how to do this so well? You're tearing into it like a Master car builder!

My Cars
    318iS
    Ah fellas please..the compliments are brilliant and very much appriciated (it keeps me going) but I'm sure there not really deserved

My Cars
    318iS
    Andy did you ever buy an auto upholstery book or anything? Where did you learn how to do this so well? You're tearing into it like a Master car builder!
    No, no books or anyone to learn from...its all been self taught same with the fibreglass work... again all self taught

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast