Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Factory Alarm

Is there a way to incorporate a shock/motion sensor into the factory alarm?

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I just installed a factory alarm on my car - there was one plug that was unused that was confusing me for the longest time, until someone explained that it was the shock/motion sensor plug, the sensor comes with convertibles and Z3s. This is on a 97+ alarm, I don't know if it differs from 95s... but yeah, you can definitely add one to a 97+ factory alarm.

scott

Originally posted by AvusBlueM3
    Is there a way to incorporate a shock/motion sensor into the factory alarm?

The alarm I got said it was for a 97+ even though I have a 95. It works. Do you know where get the sensor and part number. Thanks.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Sorry - couldn't tell ya that. Have you checked with a dealer? you could always try pacificbmw.com, they've got some consistently good prices...

The alarm I got said it was for a 97+ even though I have a 95. It works. Do you know where get the sensor and part number. Thanks.

Thumbs up

Thanks for you help Scott.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I hope you can find your part!

You don't have a convertible, do you? I know someone told me that the shock/motion wasn't going to do a whole lot of good in a non-convertible, but I honestly can't remember who told me that and how knowledgeable they were...

best,

scott

Thanks for you help Scott.

well. here is the deal. a good aftermarket shock/motion will be very sensitive. my friends old a4, with an alpine alarm, would go off if somebody hit a window, kicked a tire, etc. a motion sensor won't do anything unless the windows are down, then it will go off if something reaches into your car. I'm not sure how sensitive the OEM shock sensor is, but it couldn't hurt to have it... For example, it would most likely go off if a ricer busted one of your mirrors off.
    http://slgcc.vr9.com

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Hi, you might want to read this article at the MZ3 site:
    http://www.mz3.net/articles/033.html

Good Luck.

-Rene

My Cars
    99 M3 Cab RIP, 2013 X5 M
    Originally posted by Scott Yu
    I know someone told me that the shock/motion wasn't going to do a whole lot of good in a non-convertible...
    I don't think it does a whole lot of good in a convertible. I've never seen it go off. I've tried arming it with the top down and try grabbing stuff from the inside. I'm too chicken to pull a "Dukes of Hazzard" entrance to trip the alarm, so it seems useless to me.
    I drive a jeep. An old jeep, so nobody will say I'm driving a BMW anymore. I couldn't stand that BMW, ha ha ha! BMW make pure trouble! -Bob Marley