Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Offical RTAB DIY (WIthout SPecial TOOLS!!)

My Cars
    01 540i/6,02M5,99M3,72E3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw2nv View Post
    Hate to bump this thread back up from the dead but...

Im confused about "measuring the gap to flange" bit

There is no flange on my current RTABs and there is NO flange on the new ones im pressing in. I dont want to remove them adn be SOL!

In this case, do I just center them in the housing so each edge is flush?
    You must not have the item bushings then cause they have a flange...

To answer your question that's probably what I would do is press the bushing in so its flush as you said with the carrier on each side just put it in like the ones that are already in there... Take some pics would like to see what you end up doing good luck...
    Lee

My Cars
    2015 328I xDrive M Sport
    Ya I'm going to press them In so they're centred in the housing - a little edge on each side showing

Funny because when I removed them last night, one was pressed in so the edge so it was flush on one side and the other had all the extra hanging out. The bushing casing was cracked badly once I removed it. The other rtab which was centred, no crack. Maybe a coincidence but I'm going to centre them

For anyone trying to remove the RTAB, google the diy subframe bushing tool. You can pull these out with the same tool. No yelling no sawzal no swearing, 2 minutes per side and out
    - Jeff

My Cars
    01 540i/6,02M5,99M3,72E3
    I like the idea of the subframe tool however at the time I was a grad student and could not afford the special tools hence I wrote up this DIY "without special tools" but agreed looking back and now where I am in life if I had to do it myself id buy the tool, however i just pay people to do it for me now because I don't have time to get my hands dirty anymore.

Glad it worked out for ya

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw2nv View Post
    Ya I'm going to press them In so they're centred in the housing - a little edge on each side showing

Funny because when I removed them last night, one was pressed in so the edge so it was flush on one side and the other had all the extra hanging out. The bushing casing was cracked badly once I removed it. The other rtab which was centred, no crack. Maybe a coincidence but I'm going to centre them

For anyone trying to remove the RTAB, google the diy subframe bushing tool. You can pull these out with the same tool. No yelling no sawzal no swearing, 2 minutes per side and out

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234