Thread: BBS CH Wheels and some Mozart stuff

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan 5-spd
    I went to this place today http://www.motorbahn.com(<--Atlanta) to get the stuff I needed to install the Mozart, and they carry BBS wheels. In the display they had 18" CH wheels and all I can say is that ANY picture you have seen of them in an ad or something does them NO justice. They are the most ass kickin' looking wheels I have seen in a long time. I used to want the RCs pretty badly (I have ACS typeIII now) until i saw the CH in 18." Pure badass.

As far as the Mozart exhaust. I agree for the most part with the previous review, with one exception.
    Yes, it sounds unbelievably sweet From launch to about 3k RPMs it's L O U D. It is controllable. Idle is deep, but not silly loud. Mid RPMs arent too loud. The thing I differ on is that in the porevious reviaw, it was stated that there is no burblies and pops during decelertaion. Maybe because my engine is 2.8 litres, and the previous review was a 2,5 litre, but mine is rather burbly and poppy. But I L O V E it! At WOT is sounds like I am ready for ALMS.
    I didn't have a cahnce to get recording of it, but I will shortly.
    chow4now

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    damn.... blu, you're getting tired of your ACS type IIIs?!

wow....

hehe its ok, i want HRE 540s or 545s! Those wheels are badd ass!
    Richard

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I saw the BBS CHs that you are talking about... I agree, they are totally bad ass. I'd put those on my car without a doubt.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2000 323iT
    I'm not sure. . .<b>blubimmer</b> is right about the seeing them in pictures.

I'll have to see them in person to improve what I think now.
    Nick

1998 M3 Estoril • 2000 323it TiAg sport 5 spd

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6
    Hey you guys with the ACS type III, I was thinking about getting some of those in 17", no 18" on Kansas City roads, what size do you have and what do they weigh? Also where is the best pricing on the ACS rims? Thanks for the info.

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    madsedan,

so ya want ACS rims eh?!..... hehe... best place to check out would be SPP.... eric to me, gives the best deals...

the wheels im not sure how much they weigh in 17 inch, but one thing is definite. They are STRONG as hell! The quality is superb. Another advice tho, even tho u think the roads aren't great in kansas, i guarantee once you run your 17s you'll wonder what it'll be like if you'd have gotten 18"s in the first place....

c'mon... go for 18s... it wont hurt. I live in LA, city of potholes, I love my 18s. hehe... Goodluck...

take kare...
    Richard

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2000 323iT
    I agree with <b>Richard</b>. Pursue 18s and you won't have regret. What is the drama with KC roads? Ours are pretty bad. No worries with 18s (yet).
    Nick

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan 5-spd

everyone is right

at 1st i had type III in 17" and it wasn't a week before I was pizzed that I didn't get 18"
    I broke 2 of the 17" at the track and was never happier. Oh the irony

Get 19's .. I have type 3's in 19in chrome and they are the best 1 piece rim I have ever seen ... They only weight 24 pounds in 19

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6
    Alright, alright, I'll get 18s. I will put my RDSports up for sale and replace with 18s. All it takes is a little arm twisting. If a 19" weighs 24# then an 18" is definitely lighter than my 17" RGQ at around 28#. Thanks for your input guys.

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2000 323iT
    Hey <b>Madsedan</b>,

So. . . which 18s are you going with? ACS Type III 18s? Those look pretty sweet if ya do.
    Nick

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    hell yah! 18" ACS type IIIs.... Mmm...!
    Richard

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6
    If and when I sell my 6 RDSports 17x8 I'll money up for the 18" type III. Anyone know of anybody that wants my wheels?

My Cars
    blubimmer,

how much did you pay for the ACS type III, 18 incher ? and do you have a website addrress for that? what size and tire combination, springs and struts/shocks do you run? and do the tires rub at all, front and rear? do you have to roll the fender?
    Thanks.

You guys must not want to launch quick. At least your mostly talking about the look of the wheels.

My Cars
    e36 M3 sedan 5-spd
    Originally posted by bimmerpower
    blubimmer,

how much did you pay for the ACS type III, 18 incher ? and do you have a website addrress for that? what size and tire combination, springs and struts/shocks do you run? and do the tires rub at all, front and rear? do you have to roll the fender?
    Thanks.
    i got them from http://www.bavauto.com
    paid $3185 for them (delivered) and 4 P zeros (which suck btw)
    I have a Ground control coil-over kit (Konis) and adjustable rear spring perches for rear . The pic in my sig is them adjusted to max height. It's a pain in the a** driving around town with them adjusted way low. That's for autoXing. Springs are Eibach
    Even when the car is dropped way down I have no problems with rubbing, and my fenders have not been rolled. The springs are very stiff so the tire doesn't move much.
    The tires I have now are Yokohama Paradas (225/40/ZR18). They are pretty damn good tires. Especially for the price. ($138ea from tire rack) I still say that the best tire I have used is Avon.