Thread: OBD I conversion? Being ripped off?

My Cars
    2012 E350

OBD I conversion? Being ripped off?

For a while now, there has been talk about getting an OBD I conversion done on the OBDII M3's. Originally, I thought this was expensive, being quoted 1k for the job. But talking to some people, it seems there is a splicer which you put on the currient chip connecter which makes it fit OBDI chips. You still need to buy the wiring harness, which is a few hundred bux, but much cheaper. Anyone done this for their "off road use only " cars ?

My Cars
    1970 Cadillac DeVille
    Hmmm. First I ever heard of that. I'm pretty sure that OBD conversion involves replacing just about every sensor (knock, coolant, crank), as well as fuel rail, wiring harness, and moving some wires around.

Is there a site where this is posted, or is this some kind of local tuner deal?
    In the slow lane

My Cars
    2012 E350
    I actually heard this from someone I met in the import racing scene. He works at a shop in LA, and can get parts soooo cheap its crazy. Hes actually selling my brother a full integra type r motor, missing just the intake manifold, for just 600 dollars!!! Its not stolen, but bought with the insurance companies money, and not needed. He is pretty knowledgable, and has good connections.