Thread: Best Location for Nitrous Nozzle Installation on Intake Boot

My Cars
    2005 M3

Best Location for Nitrous Nozzle Installation on Intake Boot

Ok, my nitrous install is almost done (I did the meat of the work this weekend) but I am starting to re-think about the nozzle mounting location in the intake boot.

My question is, is it better to install th nozzle AFTER the bend in the boot so that it shoots straight into the intake manifold? Or should I install it BEFORE the bend (just after the air flow meter) which means it will hit the bend prior to entering the intake manifold via the throttle body?

Even though NX makes some of the best fogger nozzles in the business, I can't help but wonder if the nitrous will be more evenly spread if mounted in one of the 2 locations I mentioned.

Thanks!
    James
    2005 Imola Red M3 - VF Stage I Supercharged Street/Track Car
    E46 M3 VF Engineering Stage I Supercharger DIY

My Cars
    R32
    Install it right before the Intake Mainfold, n2o doesn't take turns as well as your E36. Funny thing is today I just removed the NX kit from my car, just wasn't worth the risk of a 3rd engine . Out of curiosity did the NX kit come with the appropriate schrader (sp?) valve? I assume it's a wet kit...

My Cars
    95 Widebody M3/Sc400/01.5 S4
    I place my nozzle(NX) right after the HFM. The nozzle is supposed to be at least 6" away from the throttle body and the farther the better.

My Cars
    2005 M3
    Originally posted by Dirty Grill
    Install it right before the Intake Mainfold, n2o doesn't take turns as well as your E36. Funny thing is today I just removed the NX kit from my car, just wasn't worth the risk of a 3rd engine . Out of curiosity did the NX kit come with the appropriate schrader (sp?) valve? I assume it's a wet kit...
    I used the fuel "T" that came with the kit. I tapped the fuel line right where the fuel line comes into the engine compartment from below. It was pretty easy and I had no leaks when I fired the car up.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I know of several people who have been running nitrous or their cars successfully. I feel I have done my homework here and I don't anticipate any problems.

jayc,

According to the kit install instructions you can place the nozzle 2-6" from the throttle body. Placing the nozzle after the bend in the boot still meets the 2" requirement. One concern I had about placing the nozzle before the bend in the boot (just after the HFM) is the fact that nitrous will be spraying right at the bend and there are the two vacuum hoses that attach to the boot right at the bend. I could be "over-thinking" this but my concern here is proper distribution of the nitrous/fuel mix.
    James
    2005 Imola Red M3 - VF Stage I Supercharged Street/Track Car
    E46 M3 VF Engineering Stage I Supercharger DIY

My Cars
    95 Widebody M3/Sc400/01.5 S4
    The speeds at which air gets sucked into the engine I would want to mount the nozzle as far as possible (6"). Since fuel/nitrous are injected at the same time this would allow for better assimilation.