Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MAR loaner tool thread

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Wanted, Z3 subframe bushing tool. Plan to change bushings in mid July.

Joe

My Cars
    Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97

Thumbs up Peake Research R5-SRS Airbag Scan/Reset Tool Northern Virginia

BMW SRS Reset Tool
    The BMW airbag light is something that every installer, mechanic, racer and tuner will eventually face. The removal of interior components such as the seat, steering wheel, ECUs, parts of the wiring harness, etc... will cause the airbag light to come on. And it stays on, until a tool is used to reset it. Until now, the only solutions were a trip to the dealer, which will always costs you time and money, or the purchase of a very costly scan and reset tool. With The low cost, R5/SRS, you simply read the code, look up the code in our code book, make sure you know exactly why the airbag light is on, fix the problem, then reset it. That simple.

PEL-R5-SRS Peake Research R5-SRS Airbag (SRS) Scan/Reset Tool for BMWs (1994-mid 2000)

Local meet (northern Virginia) for read & reset no money.

If you need it sent anywhere paypal deposit of $135 (price) and $10 rental plus shipping cost, paypal deposit of $135 (price) refunded when tool is returned.

PM if interested.
    Last edited by ZUUD BYE; 06-06-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    'Sweetness Tres' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97 Boston Green 66K Smiles Mine
    'Sweetness Too' M52, 2.5L Z3 5-Speed Roadster, '00 Jet Black 165K Smiles 2022 Gone Ins Co Total in Jan 2022- Right Front Collision - Paid $8850 !!
    'Ol' Black Betty' S52, 3.2L ///M3 5-Speed Vert '98 Cosmos Black 265K Smiles Wifeys
    M50, 2.5L 525i E34 Tragi-matic '95 Sedan Alpine White III 238K Smiles Was Daughters Mine Again
    'Gretchen' M30, 3.5L 535i E34 Tragi-matic '90 Sedan Glacier Blue/Indigo 144K Smiles 2018 Gone & I miss her
    'Sweetness' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '96 Boston Green 264K Smiles Was Mine Ins Co Total in Jan 2013- Rear End Collision - Paid $4800 !!

My Cars
    e46 323i
    hey do you have the fender roller

My Cars
    97 M3, 96 318i
    i have a fender roller, pm me if interested

My Cars
    e30S52cabrio & clubsport
    Would you let me borrow the roller if i can't find one more local to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995M3LTW
    Every night I before I sleep I pray for more sellers like you. Thanks bud
    ~Fernando

My Cars
    96 328
    Peake/srs reset tool? I'm in need of one. I have not even owned the car for 24 hours and it came on

My Cars
    '91 BMW 325i '06 VW GTI

E30 front wheel bearing tool?

Here's where I hope some of my karma pays off...

I'm rehabilitating a '91 E30 325i and giving it new life as a track day car following the SpecE30 rules. She's had plenty of documented maintenance, but no love yet given to her front suspension... it's all going, going, gone.

Now we're at the stage that things are nearly ready to be put back together. I am far too intelligent to follow some of these diy's that describe hammering new hub/wheel bearing assemblies onto the stub axles of the front struts and steering knuckles. That's just crazy talk!

Almost as crazy is the cost of the correct tool for the job. I'm hoping someone in the region may have one available for loan/rent/trade...

I'm open to offers and requests. I'm an experience software test engineer and fanatic home network and wireless security geek. I've got a 25 gallon tank and compressor and a variety of air tools. 'Got a brake caliper with the spinout-type parking brake? I have the reset tool. Volkswagen? Audi? Porsche? Need a CAN-BUS scantool? Talk to me. Picky about your beer? Me too. Just let me know if you've got that front wheel bearing tool!
    - Sco

I'm not impressed with your blingy, slammed, glammed, whatnot. Drive the car. Don't park it outside Krispy Kreme hoping to impress girls.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster; 1999 4Runner Limited

96 - 02 oil change reset tool...

I found a very cool reset machine on eBay that plugs into the diagnostic port on 96 – 02 Bimmers and resets the oil change computer. I’m located 5 miles from Center City Philly near the Cherry Hill Mail. The reset takes 6 seconds…

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster; 1999 4Runner Limited

Reset tool on eBay...

I picked up one of these reset tool on eBay for about fifty bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by ZUUD BYE View Post
    BMW SRS Reset Tool
    The BMW airbag light is something that every installer, mechanic, racer and tuner will eventually face. The removal of interior components such as the seat, steering wheel, ECUs, parts of the wiring harness, etc... will cause the airbag light to come on. And it stays on, until a tool is used to reset it. Until now, the only solutions were a trip to the dealer, which will always costs you time and money, or the purchase of a very costly scan and reset tool. With The low cost, R5/SRS, you simply read the code, look up the code in our code book, make sure you know exactly why the airbag light is on, fix the problem, then reset it. That simple.

PEL-R5-SRS Peake Research R5-SRS Airbag (SRS) Scan/Reset Tool for BMWs (1994-mid 2000)

Local meet (northern Virginia) for read & reset no money.

If you need it sent anywhere paypal deposit of $135 (price) and $10 rental plus shipping cost, paypal deposit of $135 (price) refunded when tool is returned.

PM if interested.

My Cars
    1994 325i
    looking for the scan tool for OBD I, i have a 94 325i.
    I live in York Springs, PA - 10 mins north of Gettysburg and 30 mins south of Harrisburg.

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Does anyone have a T50 Torx socket I can borrow in the Severn/Hanover/Columbia area?

It looks like the last two in this pic.

My Cars
    red poopbox
    i do........but cmon andIe....they're like $8 for the whole set from harbor freight

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    97 740il
    Is there anyone in MD (preferably howard county) who has SRS and CEL reset tool I can use?

BTW, if anyone needs to borrow screwdrivers (good variety), pliers, wrench, hammer, or any other ordinary tools I'd be happy to share. I also have a large collection of bits & sockets.
    I'm looking into increasing my tool collection so stay tuned for more

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan 5spd
    Does anyone in the Columbia/Severn/Laurel area have a Victory RTAB pulling tool that I can borrow? I can drive to the DC/Balt area to pick it up-

Thanks!!!

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I have a Peake Research R5 FCX II reset tool.

Was planning on doing the LCAB and RTAB install this weekend. Does anyone have a RTAB tool I could borrow. Pretty sure I could do without, but would probably be much easier with one. Work in York, PA and live in Cecil County, MD. Would be willing to drive a little ways to pick one up, but not way out of the way.

TIA

My Cars
    1996 318ti Sport - S
    I need to borrow someone's SRS reset tool if I could. Tell me your favorite beverage and I'll come to you.

Thanks!!
    Paul P.
    1981 Camaro getting prepped for CP

I don't give "advise".

Help Stop Lung Cancer
    Maryland's Premier Autocross Team

My Cars
    332ti
    I have the special cam blocks, flywheel locking pin, and exhaust sprocket rotating thing for the vanos. I would lend these out for a small fee to recoup my costs.
    I also have an OBDII code reader.
    I'm in King of Prussia, PA
    Last edited by HolyShti; 02-21-2008 at 12:14 PM.

My Cars
    Black car
    I need to borrow someone's SRS reset tool. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks!
    '01 Viper GTS - nicely modded
    '06 RR Sport SC'd Limited - HST front end, Overfinch kit + more (SOLD)

My Cars
    91 Cherokee, 92 EX500
    Does anyone near Harrisonburg VA have a cherry picker I could borrow for a week or so in mid-March?

My E30 needs a new motor, and I don't really want to have to buy a hoist. I need something that'll collapse small enough to get in the back of a Toyota Highlander, and I'd be glad to drive a couple hours and leave you a deposit or something.

My Cars
    2016 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by e30kgk View Post
    Does anyone near Harrisonburg VA have a cherry picker I could borrow for a week or so in mid-March?

My E30 needs a new motor, and I don't really want to have to buy a hoist. I need something that'll collapse small enough to get in the back of a Toyota Highlander, and I'd be glad to drive a couple hours and leave you a deposit or something.
    I'm in Alexandria, Virginia and you could use mine. That being said, you can get them on sale for about $100. Great investment, you'll use it a lot more than you think you will, seriously.

My Cars
    91 Cherokee, 92 EX500
    Quote Originally Posted by guarddog View Post
    I'm in Alexandria, Virginia and you could use mine. That being said, you can get them on sale for about $100. Great investment, you'll use it a lot more than you think you will, seriously.

Where would I find them for sale? The only places I know to look are autozone and advance - and I didn't see them at either of those. It'd cost me around $75 in gas to come get it from you and return it, so buying one might be the best option.

My Cars
    1995 E36 M3, 2002 E46 M3
    wrong region
    Last edited by libravcs; 02-16-2008 at 03:33 PM.

My Cars
    2016 M4
    Where would I find them for sale? The only places I know to look are autozone and advance - and I didn't see them at either of those. It'd cost me around $75 in gas to come get it from you and return it, so buying one might be the best option.
    Harbor Freight has them on sale all the time. You could probably have them ship it to you, too. There are stores in Richmond, Roanoke, and Lynchburg.

Wait for a sale, subscribe to their e-mails for coupons.

They have a 1 ton crane for sale at $129.99 plus 10.99 shipping., so about $140. Its a foldable crane, too, which is nice.

Mucho cheaper than renting and you won't be in such a rush to get the job done because you own the crane. Like I said, once you have one, you'll be surprised how much you use it.

My Cars
    91 Cherokee, 92 EX500
    Quote Originally Posted by guarddog View Post
    Harbor Freight has them on sale all the time. You could probably have them ship it to you, too. There are stores in Richmond, Roanoke, and Lynchburg.

Wait for a sale, subscribe to their e-mails for coupons.

They have a 1 ton crane for sale at $129.99 plus 10.99 shipping., so about $140. Its a foldable crane, too, which is nice.

Mucho cheaper than renting and you won't be in such a rush to get the job done because you own the crane. Like I said, once you have one, you'll be surprised how much you use it.

Unfortunately, I only need it for this swap -- I'm in Atlanta 9 months a year for school, and summers too from now on, and sans garage, so it'll sit in my parents' basement unused.

That crane is tempting though -- am I going to need some sort of load leveler with it?

My Cars
    2016 M4
    Unfortunately, I only need it for this swap -- I'm in Atlanta 9 months a year for school, and summers too from now on, and sans garage, so it'll sit in my parents' basement unused.

That crane is tempting though -- am I going to need some sort of load leveler with it?
    Load leveler is nice, but not necessary (depending if you pull the transmission out with the engine or just the engine). Leveler is cheap, like $30 bucks or so).

Even though you THINK its just for this one swap, you'd be surprised.

Just get the one that folds-up (which I linked). Its allright if it sits at your folks house, and you can always sell it.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast