Thread: looking to buy first bmw... need some help

My Cars
    03 540i

looking to buy first bmw... need some help

hey... im a senior in HS... n want to get a nice used bmw ... dont realy know which kind... tho... as in e36 or e46 or even the 5 series from like 97s or 98s

my price limit is around 16g tops.... n im looking for somethin with decent fuel economy... i know the e46s 323 - 330 offers decent... but what do u guys think?

and aside from that... im leaning more towards the 3series... but cant decide between 36 and 46 ... i like both their styles... give me both their pros and cons ... thnx

and other things i should consider...

does the 36 handle as well as the 46?.. i drove a 46 and i love the way it handles... one of the main reasons why i want a bmw.. 36 have enough power?.. if i was to go with a 323.... and creature comforts *luxuries*... are another thing i want... does the 36 lack on that? cause its older...

i was looking preferbly for a CI coupe...
    if u guys think the 5series is a better choice... im all open ears...

My Cars
    00 e46 03 745i
    well i have small input on this, but the e36 does handle slighly better than the e46 due to the weight difference, as far as luxuries i would say your not missing nothing, and with 16g omg def get a e36 m3 and if you want super luxury get the m3 luxury edition. but when it all comes down to it, depends what body style you like most, they all handle amazing, great comfort and luxuries.
    E36--> >> >>> >>

My Cars
    03 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggynites
    well i have small input on this, but the e36 does handle slighly better than the e46 due to the weight difference, as far as luxuries i would say your not missing nothing, and with 16g omg def get a e36 m3 and if you want super luxury get the m3 luxury edition. but when it all comes down to it, depends what body style you like most, they all handle amazing, great comfort and luxuries.
    hmm... so u saying i can get a non m3 for alot cheaper?... cause i dont need the extra speed... and wouldnt mind spending less...

also.... are the 318 slow?... the only one iv driven so far is a 2002 325i and i like it... it aint REAL fast.. but its got spunk

also now im also looking at the z3s... i like em too too many choices... not realy sure what to get i like all the styles too

and as for luxuries... i dont like how the older 36 have the 4 spoke steering w.o audio controls.. it just looks plain ugly ... the AC/radio console looks weird... stuff like that.... know what i mean? are all those things upgradable?

My Cars
    92 325i 5speed
    You can get an e36 much cheaper than 16g.

In example my 92 325i at 2k. You can prolly find a real good condition one for about 5k.

My Cars
    318iS
    318iS isnt FAST but its not slow by all means. If your not lead foot you will easily get 30 MPG with a mix of hwy/city driving. Could pick up an really nice one then add some mods to it with 16gs

My Cars
    '04 Dodge Ram 1500
    I'm going thru the same thing as you are. I'm trying to make up my mind as to which BMW I'd like given that I want economy and style first and speed second. Here's a cool link that I found that'll give you some idea as to how fast a car in stock trim will do the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Talk to ya' later.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

My Cars
    2014 435i, 2004 M3 vert
    get an e36 m3, get it now, get it now.. get the sedan if you want more lux then sport, get the lux edition coup if you want more lux and sport

get an e36 if you want a nice car that you will love forever
    hi i'm nickmanderfield.com and i hang out on the internets,
    i also recently started to sell carbon fiber coasters.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I would get an M3..

My Cars
    325is
    damnnnn 16k? get a m3

My Cars
    93 BMW 318is
    if i had 16k i would for sure get a M3. but i just got the 318is. i still like it....seriously get a M3

My Cars
    E39 525i manual sport
    Get A 4 door 97 or 98 M3, black, 5spd (black interior would be hotter)

Cosmos - Black l l Lux l HK l OEM clears all around l Depo HID's 55W 5000K l Strut bar

My Cars
    purple ///m3
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=435153
    I have a feeler on my car right now.... I want a manual. I would go with the e36 328 or m3. Mine has 40k miles, convertible, great condition 13k obo. It was involved in an accident (see pictures in thread) but it was repaired perfectly, drives straight, no problems.