Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: No Sound coming from front right speakers after headunit install!! PLEASE advise!!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3

No Sound coming from front right speakers after headunit install!! PLEASE advise!!

Hi guys,

I just had an Alpine 9847 headunit installed in my E36 M3 (non-HK sound) at Best Buy yesterday. The speakers that ARE working sound incredible...it is crazy how big a difference just a headunit makes!!

BUT, big problem...the front right speakers are not producing sound...I can hear FAINT music from the tweeter, but not much at all. All the other speakers are working just fine, and are loud as HECK matter of fact! But the front right ones are not powering up loud at all!! It almost seems like the power that should be going to those speakers is being redirected to the others, because the other ones sound amazing!! Any ideas as to why my front rights are sounding so weak??

Another thing I noticed is that if I switch off the "internal amp" feature on the 9847, sound is cut off from all my speakers. But I thought I was using the factory amp anyways, not the Alpine one, so why is all sound cut off then?

PLEASE ADVISE, as I don't trust telling these Best Buy fools to fix it before I give them some advice/instructions from you guys!!

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is, 1992 Isuzu Rodeo XS
    get yourself to small flathead screwdrivers. take the face and trim ring off of your head unit. there will be two small circular tabs on each side of the head unit, push those up and pry the cd player out of your dash.

check the wiring on the gray and gray/black stripe wires. those are your front right speaker wires. make sure there's a good connection there.
    Alpine IVA-D300 * JL Audio VR6 Components * 12' Alpine Type R Subwoofer * Alpine MRP-F240 4 Channel Amplifier * Alpine MRD-M301 Mono Amplifier * Sirius Satellite Radio * Optima Yellow Top Battery * Bilstein Shocks * H&R Race Springs * 18 Inch OE Creations E46 M3 Replicas * Kumho MX 225/40/18 Tires * 5% Window Tint * UUC Shortshifter * more to come.....

My Cars
    s52 e30, e36Ms, e46M
    thats the old way new alpines just use keys. i work at best buy. make an appointment and take that shit back, be cool but tell them to fix the problem. they should have done a checklist pre install and if your speakers worked marked that they did. and now that they dont, they will be liable.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is, 1992 Isuzu Rodeo XS
    alpines use keys now?? fascinating. i work at circuit city, we stopped carrying them earlier this year. do they still have the same cages? alpine cages are the shiznot.
    Alpine IVA-D300 * JL Audio VR6 Components * 12' Alpine Type R Subwoofer * Alpine MRP-F240 4 Channel Amplifier * Alpine MRD-M301 Mono Amplifier * Sirius Satellite Radio * Optima Yellow Top Battery * Bilstein Shocks * H&R Race Springs * 18 Inch OE Creations E46 M3 Replicas * Kumho MX 225/40/18 Tires * 5% Window Tint * UUC Shortshifter * more to come.....

My Cars
    s52 e30, e36Ms, e46M
    ya same cage, but no more littler hook thing on the sides. always thought they were cool but they were a pain in the ass

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3

Pm Sent

PM SENT

Quote Originally Posted by NHenson1
    get yourself to small flathead screwdrivers. take the face and trim ring off of your head unit. there will be two small circular tabs on each side of the head unit, push those up and pry the cd player out of your dash.
    check the wiring on the gray and gray/black stripe wires. those are your front right speaker wires. make sure there's a good connection there.