Thread: i bought my first BMW today!

My Cars
    1995 M3, Civic EX

Talking i bought my first BMW today!

Hey everyone,
    i just bought my first BMW! its a 1995 m3 with 48k on the clock, 5 sp., white interior, avus blue,clear corners...i made a great deal with the guy and picked it up for 17.5k he was selling to get a new one. im gonna start posting here so i decided to say whats up im gonna start modding it soon , but not sure what to buy first.. i was thinking a PAR intake? anyways, im washing and claying it tommorow... then taking pics, if anyone knows how to host pics i will post them tommorow, if anyone is interested.
    thanks
    peace out
    Justin
    FORSALE
    >1995 Avus Blue M3
    -MODS-
    Clear turn signals
    Pham Air Research Intake
    49k,heated vaders,clean carfax,great price

My Cars
    No Car
    CONGRATS!!

My Cars
    S4, Supra, GVR4 - 5 turbos total
    Wow, that's a low mileage and a good price for a 95M3. Congratz on the purchase.. I've been contemplating about selling my 99M3 and get a 95M3 for sometime now..
    -Luke

1994 6-speed Supra BPU+FMIC+aquamist
    1991 Galant VR-4 Turbo-AWD daily driver
    2002 Audi S4 Avant

My Cars
    ///3.0 TURBO 325
    thats soo awesome! congrats!
    Matthew
    BMW 325i
    AA Stage II Turbo ///M3 3.0 Engine AA Stage II Clutch/Flywheel, AA custom turbo exhaust

My Cars
    1995 M3, Civic EX
    thanks for being nice... i used to have a civic, but now its for sale. i used to post at hondatech.com and they were a lot of assholes... always claiming i was lying. haha thanks for support!!!
    MPOWER!!!!!!!!
    FORSALE
    >1995 Avus Blue M3
    -MODS-
    Clear turn signals
    Pham Air Research Intake

My Cars
    '11 335xi, '08 X5 4.8i
    Congrats!! Welcome to the ///M Club!! My first BMW was an M3 also.
    The car has great ability all around. Try to learn the car first before adding performance Mods. The best Mod you can ever do is improving your personal driving skill! Try that first it will make you very fast and happy!
    ///Major Havoc
    BMWCCA
    '98 M3/4 Cosmos Black/Black 5sp manual
    Shark Injector
    X-Brace, UUC TME, Eibach Anti-Swaybars, Hawk HP + Pads, Stainless Steel Brake lines
    Ground Control ( Track / School coil-over kit ) 375F/450R
    GC Camber Caster kit, 3.46 40% LSD, Strong Strut brace

Chk out - http://amazingfacts.org/

'06 530xiT Auto - Olivin Metallic/Beige
    Premium Sound Package/Logic 7 - Cold Weather Package - Premium Package - Comfort Seats
    Park Distance Control - Navigation - SIRIUS Satellite Radio - 3-Stage Heated Rear Seats - Rear Side-Window Sunshades

My Cars
    2017 M3 Comp
    Yeah do some track time before modding for performance. Congrats on the new car.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Welcome - yep - go to a driving school...then mod

My Cars
    1998 M3/2
    Congrats! ditto what everyone else said.

-Bobby

My Cars
    1995 M3, Civic EX
    yea sounds like a good idea, is bmw driving school the best bet? any pointers on driving the m? does anyone have relitivly cheap wheels for sale? anyone wanna see pics today? and one more thing, bobby ///m3 is that pic of you taking the S curve at laguna?
    thanks
    FORSALE
    >1995 Avus Blue M3
    -MODS-
    Clear turn signals
    Pham Air Research Intake

My Cars
    1998 M3/2
    Originally posted by JRush000
    yea sounds like a good idea, is bmw driving school the best bet? any pointers on driving the m? does anyone have relitivly cheap wheels for sale? anyone wanna see pics today? and one more thing, bobby ///m3 is that pic of you taking the S curve at laguna?
    thanks
    You might want to try an auto-x first. It's a lot easier going from an auto-x to the track than the other way around. Are you a BMW CCA member? Check your local chapter for auto-x's and driving schools. I think BMW CCA schools are the best around. They are extremely safe and have excellent instructors.

When you go to the auto-x or track event, don't drive over your head and just get the feel of the car. It's much safer on an auto-x course (thus the recommendation of auto-xing first) and you can push a bit more. If you spin, there's a very, very small chance of hitting something other than a cone. Have fun and listen to your instructors.

Yep, that's me in the corkscrew (turn 8b and 8a).

-Bobby

My Cars
    1995 M3/Caddy STS
    damn! good mileage! hard to find them that low now days. I've had my Cosmos Black 95 M3 for quite some time now and out of my Caddy El Dorado, BMW 840, and the M3, I absolutely cannot wait to drive the M3 EVERY SINGLE DAY....it's the only car I've ever owned that was like that.

About the mods, go with UUC Motorwerks tranny mounts first, toss up between a cold air intake and a UUC short shifter second, exhaust third....that's just my opinion though. The tranny mounts are nice though, they'll do a good job of getting rid of the M3's notchy shifting. Post back here when you need help with any "do-it-yourself" stuff...people here are SOMETIMES helpful.....(better here than roadfly though)

Here's some URLs for you in case you don't know yet....when I bought my first bimmer I really wish someone would have told me these right away....

www.bimmerworld.com (cheap parts)
    www.ecisbmw.com (mods)
    www.dinanbmw.com (mods)
    www.uucmotorwerks.com (mods)
    www.bavarianautosport.com (stuff)
    www.summitracing.com (lots o stuff)
    http://www.logun.org/e36_info.htm (VERY handy DIY guides)

may as well bookmark the Dinan, UUC and ECIS pages right now, you'll want to spend a lot of time drooling over that stuff.
    The Michael Gavin Band <BR>
    <a href="www.themichaelgavinband.com">www.themichaelg avinband.com</a>

My Cars
    1995 M3/Caddy STS
    and HELL YEA!!! Show some pics!

my only advice for you is to baby that engine and drive your car like it was meant to drive. I started in my M3 when it was only at 25k and now it has 118k. My engine runs just as smoothly and quietly as it did at 25k, but I've spent a lot of money and time keeping the engine beautiful. Got maintenance records three inches thick on the thing. Good luck, I'm sure your going to frickin LOVE it!!
    The Michael Gavin Band <BR>
    <a href="www.themichaelgavinband.com">www.themichaelg avinband.com</a>

My Cars
    ///M3

nice find...its a great deal... considering I was gonna buy it!...

I have been offering prices with the guy for over a week...1st he told me to call back friday...i called back...then told me to call back sunday...then he said he still doesnt know, cause he has more people wanting to check it out...so he told me to call back tues/wed....i called back tues and he told me someones already buying the car that night at 8... i was really pissed off...cause i was gonna offer him more and take the car home with me... grrr he really pissed me off...

sorry...im not pissed at you, cause you didnt do nothing wrong...but i was pissed and depressed all day...and kinda still am...

after looking for many cars, finally getting a great deal on a car with good miles and good condition for a great price, agreeing with my dad to help me out and buy it, over 1 years working my ass off with 2 jobs, and being a member of DTMpower.net and BF.com for a year now... I think i deserve that car...

sorry...just had to vent...

dont mean to be pissed at you...but if you were in my situation..youd feel the same way...

anyways...good luck to you with yur new M3 and have fun with it...maybe ill see you around...

-Sad Mark

My Cars
    93T MR2- SOLD 95 Avus M3-SOLD

Question Where was it?

Sorry for you loss Mark. I know your pain. I almost had a Dakar Yellow June of 2001. Someone from a dealership in Downers Grove told the seller that he wanted it for his wife!! Two days later, it was on their lot!!

JRush000 and Mark. My friend has been looking for one. He never came across this car. Was this advertised locally? Just curious how you both located the car. Great buy! Congratulations. I too have a 95 Avus Luxury Package with 64K miles, 5 speed, Texas car, inspection 2 done 2 days before we closed, plus 2 year warranty, picked it up for $17K.

My Cars
    1996 M3 lux, 1988 325
    Once you go Bimmer you never go back
    == Stable mates ==
    -1996 M3 Lux, bright red (hellrot), Modena interior. Aus Freude Am Fahren!

-1988 325, Alpenweiss. The commuter.
    BMW HOWTOs

My Cars
    1995 M3, Civic EX
    /// /\/\pty3 , he was telling me about you when i came to get the car. my bad about snatchin' it. small world aint it? yea the guy was kinda weird..... sorry for the loss

higgins, i actually found it in the autoweek magazine around here, lucky me i thought it was the last place i could find one.

anyone else, anyone looking for white m3 seats? im not sure exactly which ones they are as i have not mastered the bmw yet, but my friend told me they are the ones that sell for a lot? they are non power heated....celicaracr01@hotmail.com

also, anyone know where i can get some sliders that will fit in the m3, but use my sparco seats from my honda?

who has the next "test and tune day" around here? i want to take the car to the track while its still stock to see how beat up it is./

i was also looking at 2 other m3's for good deals, anyone want in on them? one is a theft recovery, for 16k only 55k miles, the other one is another theft, with who knows how many miles, for 13 somethin? just thought id help you guys out a lil, email me for more info.

Justin
    FORSALE
    >1995 Avus Blue M3
    -MODS-
    Clear turn signals
    Pham Air Research Intake

My Cars
    ///M3
    sorry man...i was just really pissed off... not at you tho...pissed at myself and that guy...

No disrespect to BF.com or anything, but I dont think they have their own Chicager Bimmer Crew.... if you wanna talk more with BMW owners in Chicago...another good site is www.DTMpower.net its a really good discussion board, and check out the CHICAGO section in the Regional Forums...
    they usually have a BMW meet every 2-3 weeks and they meet up other cars (besides BMWs) @ the UNOs parking lot in Schaumburg... maybe ill see you at one of the meets, I go up there once in a while...

Justin, if you can email me the two offers on the M3s...maybe ill get lucky with another M3 and actually buy it...

.....and i doubt youll do this but, if you still wanna make some money off it...ill offer you MORE than what you paid for the car...id still buy it off you for more money...

BTW...the seats you have are dove Vaders...and they are really popular seats, so they probably will sell quickly for a good price

either way...Good Luck to you and have fun with yur new M3

-Mark

My Cars
    911 Turbo
    I suggets anyon ein Chicago that is looking for an ///M check out midwest performance cars on Belmont.

The owner is a great guy and gets some really interesting stuff... let him know Rob sent you.
    Rob - '88 400hp/tq Porsche 930
    Former Objects of Obsession: '91 Acura NSX, '90 Porsche C2 Cab, '98 BMW M3/4, '86 Porsche 944
    "There are leaders and there are followers... life really is simple isn't it?"