Thread: OK, so I've researched, ? about brake rotors...

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd

OK, so I've researched, ? about brake rotors...

So I am going to be doing the front brakes on my '96 328is, I have decided to go with blanks, not interested in cross drilled/slotted rotors as this is for everday driving. I have seen the deals with Great Lakes online for the complete brake rotor/pad package, but I really only need front ones right now.

I priced a few "OEM replacment" rotors at local parts stores. The Auto Value in my hometown has front rotors for $27 bucks a piece, they are not listed as the "cheap" brand as some parts stores say for lowest cost. They are BRD brand which I am not familiar with, but I took a look and feel and they are what seems to be a pretty heavy duty rotor, NO different than the $60 ones I found at some other stores. They are OEM style.

You suppose they would be worth a shot? Brakes are an important factor, and I don't want to have warped rotors in 3 months, but I tell you they seem to be a decent rotor for the price. After all, it's not always price that reflects the quality, and if they are worthy, the money I save can go to engine mods!

'02 BMW M3 Coupe 6-spd w/extras
    '96 Pathfinder LE 5-spd, "Toy Hauler"

taseal is offline Member Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    '08 4x2 Patriot
    I had some autozone rotors on my TA, they were pretty decent, never gave me any trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianbiz View Post
    I <3 j00 cause your threads are win.

My Cars
    97 M3
    if youre worried about trouble, go oe. on BMW's nothing works like OE.

There are SOME good aftermarket.. but why take the chance

My Cars
    97 E36M3 S54
    If it's just daily driver than get the cheap rotors. Just don't slam on the brakes for fun you risk warping them easily then.

My Cars
    19 Cooper S
    If you have a NAPA auto parts store in your area check and see what they have. NAPA's United line of brake parts in high quality and reasonably priced. See if they a E36 rotor.

My Cars
    BMW 318IS, VW Beetle, MGB Tourer
    go with stock unless you do track, I've never owned a car in over 25 years with brakes so good like my bimmer

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    High carbon steel rotors from Tire Rack -- I've had two sets for my 2003 530i and they
    are spectacular - far better than OEM, which warped out. The high carbon steel rotors are not cheap but they last 75k and I'm on mountain/canyon twistees in southern Cal.

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    Thank you for the 13 year old thread bump woof.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    omg
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".