Thread: How hard is it to get a Euro Engine into the USA?

My Cars
    E36 M3

How hard is it to get a Euro Engine into the USA?

Well, from what I have been reading, it seems that Euro Spec engines selling for a pretty reasonable price over in europe.

So I am wondering if anyone knows how hard and how much it might cost to get an engine thru customs? Do they have a problem with importing engines? I know if they dont like it, it is a bitch to get them thru, but does anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

My Cars
    DC93 E28 M5 / BG93 E36 M3
    The Regensburg built European S50/ S50 B32 engines are readily available in the United States and do not need to be directly imported, because they can be found in the United States. These power plants exist in the United States in limited numbers. Global Motorsports Group and TC Klien Pro Racing are two examples of sources for the engines in the the United States, though there are many more sources.

Bimmer World
    www.bimmerworld.com

Global Motorsport Group
    949.650-1371
    www.globalmotorsportsgroup.com

BMW Mobile Tradition & Reproduction Parts- Maximilian Importing Company
    www.partsforbmws.com

Cheers,
    BMW M Freude
    E28 M5 (30k on the clock)
    E36 M3 Dinan Signature Vehicle
    Last edited by BMW M Freude; 04-08-2003 at 08:31 PM.

My Cars
    used to have an e36 M3
    tckline wants $17k for their used euro 3.2. Not exactly reasonable, if you ask me -- BMW will sell you a brand new S54 for about that kind of money, iirc. The other two sites don't have prices listed, but maybe they're cheaper.

~$10k installed on a euro motor is a price point I'd start to be interested in. Anyone know what the used market is like for S52US?

My Cars
    05 GT3,M3 LTW, E90 325, E46 325, E46 M3 Conv,
    Originally posted by document
    tckline wants $17k for their used euro 3.2. Not exactly reasonable, if you ask me -- BMW will sell you a brand new S54 for about that kind of money, iirc. The other two sites don't have prices listed, but maybe they're cheaper.

~$10k installed on a euro motor is a price point I'd start to be interested in. Anyone know what the used market is like for S52US?
    Call James at Bimmerworld. They can get you a Euro motor for a reasonable price. And if you live near Va then they can install it too. Very good guys to deal with. Just tell them that I told you about them.

Bimmerworld Racing

My Cars
    E36 M3 GrpN 3.0
    Check out www.fabdirect.com

I called them, they have Three 3.2L Engines in stock.

They told me they have dismantled 64 Euro M3s, with 59 engines coming to the US!

They quoted me 4000 lbs Sterling for a 3.2L or about $6000 US plus shipping, about $700-$1000.

Check It Out!
    like2short
    E36 M3 3.0L Gruppe N
    E39 //M5 TiAg/Silverstone
    E53 X5 4.4

My Cars
    used to have an e36 M3
    Excellent link, thanks! I'll also check out bimmerworld and see what they have to offer.