Thread: Question for the person who has the MM Evo wheels

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i

Question

I think its Chris...you said you got your wheels at tirerack.com for about $1400 for wheels and tires, is that correct? What kind of tires did you get and what size? Thanks alot for your help.
    -Joe

don't know where Chris is but my car looks exactly like Chris car. black and all. anyway, I paid more than him. that's what you get for living in Canada =)

I got Pirelli p7000ss

18x8 w 225/40/18
    I'm putting on jamex shocks/springs right now.(as I'm typing.) it lowers the front 2" and the rear 1 1/3". kind of like h&r race springs. before the shock/springs, the rear looks good already but the front has a huge gap. but looks OK. i got the front shock/spring installed yesterday and it doesn't look like 2". I heard H&R lower front 2" but if you add on blistein shocks, it raises up about 1". i don't know if jamex is the same too. it sure looks like it. i don't know if my offset is correct on my MM's but it looks like if i lower the back 1 1/3", it just may rub a little but i don't know. we'll see in a couple hrs. so its important to get the right offset if you plan to lower. i think my offset is 38 but not sure. i think H&R sport springs wont rub but not sure.

i would rather have 235's instead because 225's just don't look right. the lip of the tire and the lip of the rim is completely 'flat' and no tire bulge at all. in fact, the rim may just bulge a lil more than the tire. some like it like that some don't. it just a matter of preference.

on my rx7, i have 17x8 and 215 tires and it looks real ugly. the rim bulges out more than the tire.

good luck.

btw i got lots of compliments on the wheels. some people think its chrome(???). and chicks dig it. best bang for the buck imo. unless you buy used(ugggghh)

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i

Thumbs up

Thanks alot for the info. Post some pics as soon as you can. I've already lowered with H&R Sport but I havent taken any pics of it so the pic in my sig. is old. I love the wheels and I'm hoping on getting some soon. I'll probably go with 235's. Thanks for all your info and help...I'll let you know what I do.
    -Joe