Thread: Whats the best headgasket?

My Cars
    95m3,91 vw,

Whats the best headgasket?

I was wondering guys what do you think the best headgasket to lower compression. If anyone can share their stories on headgaskets they used or recommend to lower compresion beyond 10 psi?

My Cars
    95 BMW M3,01 AUDI S4
    VAC motorsports is where I bought my MLS headgasket.

My Cars
    searching for a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by mpower23
    I was wondering guys what do you think the best headgasket to lower compression. If anyone can share their stories on headgaskets they used or recommend to lower compresion beyond 10 psi?
    Mine is a VAC MLS .140". Lowers compression to around 8.9-9.1.

Do you mean to boost beyond 10 psi on a setup?

My Cars
    97 TT Stage2 M3, 01 Denali
    Great thread as I was just about to start one similar.

What do you guys think about the Cometic MLS headgasket that comes with the Technique Tuning Stage 2 turbo kit? How reliable is that or would you guys recommend something else?
    -97 Cosmo Black M3/4 with Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo + some other goodies ( She's gone!!! )
    -01 Onyx Black Yukon Denali with 22" bling blings

Quote Originally Posted by 97_SC_///M3
    Great thread as I was just about to start one similar.
    What do you guys think about the Cometic MLS headgasket that comes with the Technique Tuning Stage 2 turbo kit? How reliable is that or would you guys recommend something else?

Im also using the VAC .140

My Cars
    95 540i6:04 Navi
    VAC Cometic MLS is what most people are using even though I have seem a few fail. It all depends on your install procedure.

BBS RC 18X8.5 et13:245/40/18:Koni SA/H&R Sport/M5 3mm Upper Spring Pads/M5T 25mm/20mm Swaybars/Racing King Subframe Inserts/Magnaflow High Flow Cats/Magnaflow Exhaust/3 Inch Tips/Euro Clears/32%Tint/40% on Windshield/6500K HID H1's Headlights and Fogs/Depo Smilies/Factory Shadowline Trim/Shadowline Grill/93 Octane EAT Chip/M5 License Plate Holder/UUC Short Shift Kit/3.15 LSD/ More to Come...

My Cars
    08 M6 Coupe
    how much power loss, if any, should i see by lowering compression to ~9.0:1 and running 6psi (as opposed to 6psi at stock compression)?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Not to hyjack the thread but....what gasket thickness requires longer head studs?
    Support Higher Standards for Math and Science in Public Schools

My Cars
    3 x 1990 E30 318iS
    Anyone got a clue about a decent HG for an M42? - Looking at dropping the CR slightly in case I can't get forged pistons cheap enough!! lol

My Cars
    98 MRoadster,05 Odyssey,03 CooperS

Headgasket

I'm using the .098 Cometic MLS from VAC. Much better than the BMP!
    1998 M Roadster,arctic silver,black leather,31,000 miles,6 spd conversion,VDO
    boost and oil pressure gauges in windshield pillar,Porsche Turbo "big" brakes with stainless
    lines,3.23 Quaife,aluminum flywheel with McLeod dual disc competition clutch,GT35R
    ball bearing turbo @ 12 lbs boost on 9.8 compression,TT 36 lb injectors and remapped
    ecu,Greddy Profec B boost controller and bov,368 hp and 355 lbs torque,custom 3"
    stainless downpipe and exhaust piping with no cats,Magnaflow exhaust,coil overs and
    camber plates,TC Kline springs,Koni adjustables,reinforced shock and tranny mounts,Kmac
    polyurethane control arm bushings,Ireland subframe mounts,Dinan strut brace,competition
    HMS roll bar,custom 2 " widened M wheels with Kumho V700 tires,315/35/17's rear and 255/40/17's front, Hamann rear spoilers,BMW deck spoiler.

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinan330ic
    how much power loss, if any, should i see by lowering compression to ~9.0:1 and running 6psi (as opposed to 6psi at stock compression)?

I would like to know the answer to the above also?

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    96 Technica Turbo 3.2
    I'm using AA's MLS/copper spacer with thier studs. High boost is at 18 psi. CR is about 8.5:1.