Thread: AUTOMATIC TO MANUAL SWAP E34 525i?

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325IS

Question AUTOMATIC TO MANUAL SWAP E34 525i?

Can anyone send me info or a link to find out what parts are needed in this project. From tranny to pedals,everything.

thanks in advance
    chris

My Cars
    2013 Subayota FR-Z
    I believe it's different for the M20 and M50 powered cars. Either way, I don't think it's really worth doing unless you have a LOT invested into the car. For the same price as a swap, you could probably buy two 5 speed 525's.

l

My Cars
    04 Mazdaspeed MX-5
    Heck, I have an E39, and I don't think I'll be doing the swap, as much as I'd like to. It just costs too damned much. I'm doing wheels and tires ($2200), M5 brakes with BMW Motorsport 2 peice rotors ($2k and counting), and a rear diff (~$1500 or so) for the same price as a conversion...
    Slow cars are quite possibly the most fun to own: you can push to extract all the performance you want on a daily basis without getting a ticket.

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    For Pete's sake, does nobody look at the bloody stickies at the top of the forum?!

The parts required for your swap are in the 6 speed swap thread. The last post gives a generic parts list required for the e34 chassis, simply sub in your engine correct trannie.