Thread: anyone rebuild their out put shafts?

My Cars
    none

anyone rebuild their out put shafts?

I have a passanger side output shaft (CV joint) that is making a popping sound. I removed the old shaft last night, and it feels dry when i move it around. ANyone rebuild one of these themselves?
    Jeff
    coming soon, S54's for everything....

My Cars
    F15, F31
    out of curiosity, could you describe that popping sound. is it constant popping or what?

back in the day I have injected about 80grams of hi temp grease in one of the inner boots. pm me if you want details on that

as far as rebuilding, the only repair kits available from bmw are the boots, that's it. just let the shop do it.
    2015 F15 xDrive35i M-Sport, Mineral weiss on mokka Design Pure Excellence
    2015 F31 328i M-Sport, Mineral grau on black
    REFERENCES (from buying members): ///MM\\\, Dan, nicholsonsl, nicholsonsl, babygirl, e36Silvr328i, hc1001, tommelton, mish, diffsonline, betet, DMasters,icemann633, docjavier, Iron Chef, Dan, M3Jokster, e39dream, ///Manny, killcrap, verdugo135, TheRide, 318qship, hbmike, TimeOut, z0lt3c, MechEngr, Vortec4800, asdfbunk, brandon5069, hoyabob2003 (e39 mdf 6.5 speaker panels)
    SOLD! 97 E39 528iA, Alpine white on black, H&R, Hella, Alpine 9855 run active 3-way, 7" Dayton RS woofers, LPG 25NFA tweeters, Alpine typeR 12" 2005ed sub, ED NINe.1 sub amp, ED NINe.4 comp bi-amp, box 2.5cu.ft tuned to 30Hz CLICK HERE

My Cars
    none
    Yeah I found out it is going to cost me $65 to let someone else rebuild them. I figure I can drink beer instead of getting dirty and I won't actually feel bad about paying someone to do the work. I am usually very hardline on not paying for something I can do myself, but I used to work at a driveline shop, and I know that this will be a dirty job. I'll just re-install the new one and be done this afternoon.
    Jeff
    coming soon, S54's for everything....

My Cars
    potato
    wow, at that price I'd definitely let someone just do it for you