Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E39 Glove Compartment Fuse Guide

My Cars
    2000 528iT

I found this usefulll had the same problem...

I was having the same problem....now my trunk doesn't seem to open....I will replace 53 and see what happens....right now my key fob doesn't seem to be getting me into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by brianjeep View Post
    Thank you for this post. It was very helpful. My 99 528i wasn't responding to the key remote. I had to insert the key to lock/unlock and as you might imagine this was unacceptable. I also noticed that the autolock feature wasn't working when I began to drive. I assumed fuse b/c of the two seemingly unrelated malfunctions. It was fuse 53, the Central Locking System fuse in the trunk. I hope someone can use this info.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by sbredin View Post
    I was having the same problem....now my trunk doesn't seem to open....I will replace 53 and see what happens....right now my key fob doesn't seem to be getting me into the car.
    Typically if the remote doesn't work the central locking then the fuse is blown. Central locking still unlocks everything with the key in the door. The real issue is why did the fuse blow? In my case the cause was a bad actuator for the gas door. Easy to diagnose. Lock everything and then go around the car to see was didn't lock. Gas door is the common problem. In your case it could be the actuator for the trunk. You might just keep blowing fuses until it's fixed.

My Cars
    2000 540i Sedan
    anyone knows where rain-sensor fuse is located on 2000 540i ?? i searched high and low. My wipers have defaulted to intermittent mode

My Cars
    2003 bmw 530i

Red face rear heated windows

I own an 03 bmw 530i and I don't know why but my heated rear window doesnt work. Can you tell me how to find the fuse 66

My Cars
    1997 E39 523i 5spd
    66? Or do you mean 76? 66 isn't even listed in the chart in the first post?

My Cars
    1998 520i; 2003 525i
    Fuse 66 is the the big orange fuse located in the truck, adjacent to the battery. Its by itself, mounted to the fuse panel holding the smaller fuses.

Sean
    Ramstein Air Base, Germany

2003 525i (His)
    1998 520i (Hers)
    1990 520i (Retired)

My Cars
    2003 530i
    You guys are great! I hunted in my car high and low for fuses 75 and 76, finally came here and the third thread I hit was this one! Massively thanks! Unfortunately for me, both fuses were OK and my heater/AC fan does not work at any fan setting even though every other feature and light works. With the AC off I get light flow from the vent at highway speeds, when I push the AC button I can hear the AC clutch click but the air flow goes from 1% to 0%. To me this sounds like a blown fan motor. I have read about resister packs - does my car have one?

2003 530i Sport, Premium & Sound packages, Xenons, Fold-down rear seats w/ski bag. 68,000 miles, extended warranty.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR2PA View Post
    You guys are great! ... With the AC off I get light flow from the vent at highway speeds, when I push the AC button I can hear the AC clutch click but the air flow goes from 1% to 0%. To me this sounds like a blown fan motor. I have read about resister packs - does my car have one?
    Do a search using FSR (final stage resister) and FSU (final stage unit) as your search word.

You can look at sites like www.bmwtips.com and www.e38.org/e39 to see if there are some DIY write-ups that may explain more...and help you determine if this is your issue or not.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    2003 530i
    Yes - I've been reading about the FSU and found a DIY to replace it. I have not foung a way to test to determine if it is bad. Still looking......

This AM the van worked! Yay!! Does my car have a resistor pack and an FSU?
    Last edited by DavidR2PA; 06-05-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2003 530i Sport, Premium & Sound packages, Xenons, Fold-down rear seats w/ski bag. 68,000 miles, extended warranty.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i

Fuse 75-76

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim55 View Post
    In the Glovebox diagram the two blocks run in numbers from 1-20 and 21-45 the 2 additional fuses 75 & 76 are off to the right in the diagram but nowhere to be found in the glovebox. Any ideas?
    Never did find the fuses. But in the end, it was the FSU issue, which I bought from AutohausAZ and replaced. The blower motor (a typical e39 "electrical gremlin" as quoted by another forum member) was at issue and the FSU replacement fixed it.

My Cars
    1997 528i

lighter fuse

Hello can anyone help me with this I cannot find which fuse is for the cig. lighter cannot seem to find a guide in my manual again I have a 1997 528i. thanks.

Hello all if anyone knows of someone selling a set of 540i rims please drop me a line and a pic if possible.
    Last edited by barkliss1; 06-12-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Did you read the first 3 posts in this thread? There are clickable images of both the the glovebox & trunk fuse diagrams.

The diagram & index for these two fuse locations isn't in the manual, it's in your glove box (on a pull out card) and on the backside of the battery compartment door in the trunk...and if your's are missing...you can click on the chart for the glovebox in the 1st post in this thread...and click on the chart for the fuses in the trunk in the 3rd post in this thread.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 06-12-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

My Cars
    j
    Oh man Thanks ALOT!!! I couldnt find the other fuse box... now i know its in the glove compartment

My Cars
    '05 E46 M3; '97 E39 540i
    My Bentley says fuse 53 is 5A, but the diagram in the above post by Kowached says 7,5A. Is it really 7,5A?

Checked my own car. It is indeed 7,5A. Bentley is wrong! How bout that!
    Last edited by Cambelt; 03-24-2011 at 10:30 PM.

My Cars
    00 528iT m54b30
    Thread revival.
    According to post #37, im assuming this applies to tourings as well? Could i get some thoughts and opinions on my radio that decided to quit making sounds.

My Cars
    BMW 523I - E39
    Hi i have a 5 series e39 - 1998, where is the fuses for the side light located, as my left sidelight is not working...???

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by kalminator
    Hi i have a 5 series e39 - 1998, where is the fuses for the side light located, as my left sidelight is not working...???
    I'm going to assume that with all the information given in this thread...when you LOOKED at the fuse diagram/index posted (and at the ones that are in your car)...you didn't see any fuses listed for external lights, right?

That's because ALL external lights are controlled by your car's LCM:

I also have to ask (since you didn't mention it)...have you checked the bulb to see if it is burnt out...or swapped it with the working bulb from the other side to see if the issue is with the bulb...or perhaps corrosion in the bulb holder?

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-16-2012 at 12:44 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW E39 Touring
    what is the fuse for the heating of the external mirrors?

My Cars
    1997 bmw 540i sport
    I have 97 BMW 540I Sport...
    but the starter is not turning over.. not sure what I should do here
    the battery is charged the lights raido windows everything works like normal
    but when i insert the key and turn it nothing happens
    what should i be checking here? can anyone help me out
    thank you!

My Cars
    2002 525i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by kowached View Post
    I just thought that this would be nice to have available online when we are diagnosing electrical problems. For record it is from a 1998 540i, but hopefully the majority of the fuse locations apply to more than just that year. The trunk fuse guide is the second post below.

In looking at glove and trunk, there are three fuses for the fuel pump? Trunk says 54 and glove 17 and 31. is that right?

My Cars
    2003 525iT, 2000 ML320
    Quote Originally Posted by northernmist View Post
    hew! I scoured the forum, searched the car, and couldnt find it. I almost accidentally found the missing blower heater fan fuse, numbers 75 and 76. Yes, they are behind the glove box fuses..........sort of. What you have to do is look under, and in front of, the glove box, just above where the passenger feet would be. There is a sliding panel. Just pull it towards the rear of the car. Up under here there are two big fuses, mounted from above, down into their sockets. I don't know why it was such a problem to get the information, hopefully I have been successful in helping you.

Mine were OK.

I just started reading all the posts in this thread after coming across a problem in my '03 525iT that seems to pop up with a lot of people: the HVAC blower stopped blowing air completely, whether AC or heated air. I, too, was having trouble finding fuses #75 & #76, and truth be told, I still am.

I looked under that panel behind my glove box, and there seems to be a LOT of stuff back there, and I'm wondering if this is specific to the 2003 model, with its various upgrades and enhancements... in any case, I am having a hard time seeing those two fuses... I'm hoping I don't have to start removing some of those auxiliary pieces and structures I'm seeing under that panel just to get to the fuses.

Anybody else have a 2003 E39 that managed to find fuses 75 & 76?

Thanks!

p.s... I'm hoping it's the fuses and not the FSU... been dealing with too many niggling fix-its with the car in the last 8 months!
    2003 525iT silver/black

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i

Fuses Locations and Diagrams

Greetings,

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the fuses diagram.
    I want to go thru all of them and make sure they are all good. Spent too much time trying to find a diagram and in moments you saved me from going crazy. My center light keeps burning out and as soon as I replace the bulb and step on the brakes a few times it burns out again. I did a pre inspection of my fuses and found a 7.5 amp fuse in the trunk burnt out. I replaced it and same thing. As soon as I push it in it pops, burnt/no good. Any ideas?

Anyway, thanks for the help. I will work on it tomorrow. It's 1 in the morning here.

2002 BMW 525i E39 Premium and Sport Pkg

Daniel

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Are you sure you're using the correct bulb? Very strange that only this bulb is burning out and none of the others. What's the # on it?
    If the voltage was too high I would think your other bulbs would be burning out too.

My Cars
    01 e39 525i,02 e53 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by NEVER2LOW View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing....
    I second that, mine came with both print in the glove box and in the trunk

My Cars
    2000, BMW, 528I 5 speed

Fuse location

There are two (2) fuse that is located up behind the glove box. If you remove the cover under the box and look up you should see them. Might need a light and a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim55 View Post
    In the Glovebox diagram the two blocks run in numbers from 1-20 and 21-45 the 2 additional fuses 75 & 76 are off to the right in the diagram but nowhere to be found in the glovebox. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast