Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussies ?

My Cars
    E36 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by photonzu View Post
    Hey all!

New here and thought i should say hi.

Just picked up my new toy. E34 540

I litteraly mean picked up on the back of a car trailer. It wont start at the moment which is why i got it for the huge price of zero dollars from a family friend who needed the space in their garage. Will have to see if its worth getting on the road.

540i is ALWAYS worth salvaging.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm very very pleased with it.. Unfortunately it does cop a bit of a battering every now and then.. But I think that anyone would have the same problem!
    Glad it's not too often. If I'd kept it on it would have been destroyed within a day
    Last edited by Quatters; 11-28-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1985 528i& 1985 535i
    Hi,kinda feel out of place with my 1977 528i that I got off Ebay for $455!
    She's a work in progress and I love it!Got another off Ebay for parts for $140!
    Anyway,I hope I can fit in as I need all the help I can get!
    Cheers ,Bob

My Cars
    05/1991 E36 318i
    you got to start somewhere and might as well be with some thing you like

My Cars
    BMW e34 525i
    What's up fellas,

I'm from Melbourne just got my p's and am driving around in a 90' e34 525i.

Hopefully I can get some pictures of my baby up soon

Peace,
    Redman

My Cars
    92 325i

gday

Hey I'm from around Melbourne
    I've had my e36 325i for about 9 months now
    haven't done a lot
    and I know the whitewalls might not be everyones thing

manual, leather, just missing a sun roof

so yeah, hi

My Cars
    E36 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by spadge View Post
    Hi,kinda feel out of place with my 1977 528i that I got off Ebay for $455!
    She's a work in progress and I love it!Got another off Ebay for parts for $140!
    Anyway,I hope I can fit in as I need all the help I can get!
    Cheers ,Bob
    Out of place, man, I WISH I could pick up one that cheap!

My Cars
    1972 BMW 1602

Introduction

Hi all just thought id introduce myself, my names alex and i live in melbourne/docklands and just recently bought my first beema. Its a 1972 1602 and so far im loving it. It was intended as a project to convert into a fun/track/drift car nothing too serious.. but its in such great original condition its almost a shame to tear it apart.
    Stock for the moment, but im looking at alternatives for full mechanical conversions and suitable donor vehicles from newer 3 series models. Not sure if a 4cyl or straight 6 is going to be the right choice at this stage.
    Im looking to gain valuable knowledge from this forum, most of my previous experience has been in hondas and nissans.. So i have alot of reading to do!!

My Cars
    E38 735iL,E32 730i

Hi, What a beautiful 02 series! PLEASE don't modify it, good, standard 1602s are rare! Enjoy it just as it is. If you want something for fun, get an E30 323i or 325i 5 speed, or E28 528i 5 speed. Parts are more plentiful, and they handle better, the engines are really sweet, with better cooling systems.
    Our family has a range of BMWs from 2002, E21s, E30s, E28s, E34s,E32 and E38, some are very rare and in standard specification, others are modified. I am building an E28 535i with a Holden V8 and 5 speed for fun at the moment, bought as a non-runner for $100.
    I bought a really nice 73 2002 a year ago that had been pulled apart for restoration, but not as nice as your 1602. It is going to take a lot of work to restore to factory condition. Please consider carefully before changing from standard specification.This is a classic car, its value is in the originality it has. Regards, Ian

My Cars
    E36 325i 4-door
    Hey I just aquired an E36 325i with some minor issues in a trade deal! great car! i cant belive ive been so ignorant of Euro cars, ive always stuck with my jap cars but now im seeing the other side of the story!

mods:
    M3 fibreglass kit
    eyelids
    angel-eyes with projectors
    clear indicators
    aftermarket taillights
    18 in black wheels
    lovells springs
    whiteline sway bar
    bilstein shocks
    drilled front brakes
    SS extractors
    SS zorst
    cold air intake

mine was optioned with sun roof and leather seats its auto for now but should be manual in 2 weeks!

plans include an update of the bushes and shocks, LSD, re-tune and S50 cams

My Cars
    BMW 318is E36
    hey guys,

i'm up in brissy and bought a 92 318is coupe a few months back and i'm currently doing a few mods and maintenance repairs.

i'll post up when i'm happy with the car, anyone else in brissy with an e36 drop me a message and we can compare notes on diy's. i have also aquired a few tools for certain jobs which may help some of you and a reset light tool too that folks can boorrow.

see you around

My Cars
    1972 BMW 1602
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdr427 View Post
    Hi, What a beautiful 02 series! PLEASE don't modify it, good, standard 1602s are rare! Enjoy it just as it is. If you want something for fun, get an E30 323i or 325i 5 speed, or E28 528i 5 speed. Parts are more plentiful, and they handle better, the engines are really sweet, with better cooling systems.
    Our family has a range of BMWs from 2002, E21s, E30s, E28s, E34s,E32 and E38, some are very rare and in standard specification, others are modified. I am building an E28 535i with a Holden V8 and 5 speed for fun at the moment, bought as a non-runner for $100.
    I bought a really nice 73 2002 a year ago that had been pulled apart for restoration, but not as nice as your 1602. It is going to take a lot of work to restore to factory condition. Please consider carefully before changing from standard specification.This is a classic car, its value is in the originality it has. Regards, Ian
    Hehe yeah i am starting to come around to a similar view, but i dont have the garage space to have multiple vehicles..
    I already have a work car and motorbike to juggle.
    My plans initially are to get it back into shape, replace/ rebuild all the steering and suspension components and enjoy it for a bit.
    I bought this car simply for fun, as much as i appreciate its historical value its physical worth doesnt phase me.
    An e30 might be a good idea, either to track or maybe rape for parts for the 1602 :P

My Cars
    74 2002, 72tii
    Alex,

Shot you off an email regarding the 02 group down in Melbourne. Happy to point you in the right direction with parts, advice etc.

cmorriso (at) bigpond (dot) net (dot) au

Tom
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1090578

72tii - Whitey
    74 - Blacky (resto)

My Cars
    1972 BMW 1602
    Quote Originally Posted by tommozza View Post
    Alex,

Shot you off an email regarding the 02 group down in Melbourne. Happy to point you in the right direction with parts, advice etc.

cmorriso (at) bigpond (dot) net (dot) au

Tom
    Thanks Tom!

I was beginning to think noone really cared about the 02s in aus..
    Im still learning alot about these great lil cars, cant believe they had escaped my attention for so long!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

My Cars
    1984 323i E30
    Hello all, I'm from Perth and have a 84 E30 323i.
    I've had her for around 3 months now, and am loving finding more about her.
    Few mods that she already had were engine rebuilt, exhaust tip, 17" CH replicas.
    Future plans are LS1 conversion (how original) when the funds are right.

Thanks,
    Stephen.

My Cars
    E36 M3 Vert
    Hey guys im Sid, im from A-town adelaide

lucky to pick this one up! just hit 80,000km. if anyones up for a cruise PM me
    Last edited by WAZNM3; 01-31-2010 at 11:40 AM.

My Cars
    NK 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextacy View Post
    Hi all just thought id introduce myself, my names alex and i live in melbourne/docklands and just recently bought my first beema. Its a 1972 1602 and so far im loving it. It was intended as a project to convert into a fun/track/drift car nothing too serious.. but its in such great original condition its almost a shame to tear it apart.
    Stock for the moment, but im looking at alternatives for full mechanical conversions and suitable donor vehicles from newer 3 series models. Not sure if a 4cyl or straight 6 is going to be the right choice at this stage.
    Im looking to gain valuable knowledge from this forum, most of my previous experience has been in hondas and nissans.. So i have alot of reading to do!!

The best thing to do with that car is to leave it alone. There's alot of stuff you can do to it, but none it's worth it. Bedies, if you keep it like it is and ding free, the value can only go up. Start messing with it and very quickly you're going to end up with a crappy car that doesn't work. Six cyl engine can be shoehorned in but with very little benefit and a lot of loss (handling is the first to go).

There are decent/respectful mods you can do, but they cost a pretty penny especially if done right. The end result is an imporvement in performance but comes at the cost of loss of originality. At the moment good original cars are getting so thin on the ground I would hazard a guess originality is more valuable than performance (for me at least it definitely is). If you're patient, you can do some things in such a way that you can then revert the car back to original specs without anyone being able to know.

One last word off caution. Separating engines from cars means chassi/engine numbers won't match anymore and that'll plummet the value of your car so if you want to do something with another engine, make sure you keep the original carefully stored.

I have done a bit of mods to my car so I should know. For track/etc just get something already ruined that you can't ruin any more.
    Last edited by blue charon; 02-06-2010 at 01:59 AM.

My Cars
    96 E36 3.18i limited
    from Adelaide Australia, driving a bmw 3.18i limited. looking for people around that are keen for cruzing. Normaly in the hills every week but only 1 with tast cleary coz every 1 else has commies or jap

My Cars
    E36 M3 Vert
    warlord41 you have just summed up the adelaide car list...glad to see you didnt give in and join the craze lol. i want to hopefully organise something soonish for adelaide

My Cars
    96 E36 3.18i limited
    im keen to get somthing going. even if theres only a few of us to start off. i normaly drive through the hills my self. but im keen for any were. not many mods yet any way, pride my self on a clean looking car at the moment. But only free normally only on weekends due to work

My Cars
    E36 M3 Vert
    sup adelaidians! check your inboxes (p.s. sorry if i sent it more than once, i wasnt sure if i sent it to everyone so i made a check list and resent lol)

My Cars
    M635CSi ; 2800 CS

Smile new m635 in Brisvegas

Hi guys:
    Havent been on these forums before but have decided to take the plunge.
    I've owned a couple of M3's and M5's in my time but Im doing the retro thing now by buying an 85 M635CSi. If someone can tell me how I can attach some photos I will give some pictures of the rebuild. It currently say that I cant attach photos...
    Engine is about to be rebuilt with maybe a few nice additions...
    The body is very rusty underneath as it has been imported from northern Ireland. I am going to completely replace the floor pan plus any other nasty bits (and there are heaps of them) from a donor body that have also gotten onto...
    It will then be re-sprayed in Alpine white, The wheels are currently being powdercoated gold internally and the rims polished and then I will probably give it a shadowline treatment.

My Cars
    VL Commodre
    Hello everyone

Now i will start by saying i dont own a bmw yet but i am starting to look for a new car for when i have the money in june to replace my old vl commodore (cant wait to sell it) and i have been looking at some different vehicles and 2 types of bmw have court my interest which are the E38 and E39 bmws mainly the 535i and the 740i

oh and i live in Adelaide

My Cars
    E36 M3 Vert
    hey TKRS90, it never went ahead, by the end of it i think there was me and 2 or 3 other guys left. amd th night that i had it planned for i had to go to work due to our worker going to hospital unfortunately... fate worked against us lol

My Cars
    99 BMW 328i Convertible

Help

Picked up a 328i e36 Convertible last week! She is BEAUTIFUL!

Though...

I noticed that my warning light was on yesterday due to the one of my low beam bulbs being out, so i changed the bulbs all working however the warning light is still on and i have no idea why

Can anyone help me?

My Cars
    1992 bmw 325i m-spec
    Hey guys, pretty new to the forums, ive got a tidy 325i with all the M gear, i live in Brissy, if any ones ever keen for a cruise let me know, we can usually get a pretty good crew together.

also im currently thinking of doing a little performance work to my 325, any one got some goot reccomendations for first stage performance mods, im trying to limit myself to about 3000 for the first stage, any ideas?

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast