Thread: I have an E28 seat I'm going to chuck, if anyone's interested

My Cars
    1986 535i

I have an E28 seat I'm going to chuck, if anyone's interested

I tore out the seats on my 535i and am replacing them with some 7er seats. Driver side has a cracked frame on the back, but passenger seat is fine...just didn't match the new seats I found. I realize that if a seat ever needs replacing, it's usually the driver seat like with mine, but maybe someone could use it. Anyway, if anyone needs, it's free, just pay for shipping or come pick it up. I'm in the NW Atlanta area and 30101 zip code. If no one wants/needs it, that's cool, I'll just leave it out for junk pick up .

My Cars
    e39
    Do they have the adjuster levers? Will you take those off if you do trash these?

My Cars
    '88 BMW 535i
    What color are they? I might be interested in the passenger seat. My driver's seat is FUBAR too. Are the driver and passenger seats interchangable including the metal undercarridge?

Thanks,

Scott

My Cars
    1986 535i
    They're electric seats, so no adjuster lever or anything on them. But, yeah, I'm going to just trash the whole unit if it comes to that. And these are the version with the arm rest, so I'm not sure if you could get the passenger seat to work on driver side. You'd have to move the seat belt thing, also, but maybe that's no big deal. All the motors work on both seats as far as I know, though, so maybe that'd be of some value to someone?

And, yeah, I should have mentioned the color, lol. Not sure what the "official" color designation is, but it's a dark blue, not quite navy.

My Cars
    1986 535i
    Going out on the curb Monday morning, bright and early. If anyone wants it, let me know before then.

My Cars
    '87 635 Csi
    Do you still have the dark blue passenger seat? I need this. Is it cloth?, Let me know and I will pay shipping., Bruce, OH

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorrow View Post
    Do you still have the dark blue passenger seat? I need this. Is it cloth?, Let me know and I will pay shipping., Bruce, OH
    I suspect it went to the bin on a Monday morning 13 years ago

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '06 X5/6spd 3.0
    There have been a couple of priceless thread excavations recently.

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    At least they're actually using the search feature!
    Tommy L.

(
    oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)

-o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW M5 LMB
    LHD Euro
    Bilstein PSS, Black Kidneys, Dinan Rear Anti-sway Bar, Matte Black Style 65, UUC SSK w/DSSR, Alpine iLX-007, Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp, Boston Acoustics Pro components, Alpine MRP-M450 Amp, Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2

Current Garage:

1993 BMW M5
    1994 BMW 525i Touring 5spd
    2004 Ford SVT Lightning