Thread: Parking Brake making speed sensitive clicking noise

My Cars
    '97 M3/4

Parking Brake making speed sensitive clicking noise

I've been having this problem ever since my mechanic adjusted my parking brake a little over a month ago - I will sometimes get a loud clicking noise in the car interior directly beneath the parking brake that is speed sensitive (the clicking is faster when I am going faster). When I pull up the parking brake (slightly) while driving the loud noise completely disappears.

I took the car back to my mechanic last week and he adjusted the parking brake (under the parking brake boot in the interior) for a few minutes. The noise disappeared for a few days but now it is back.

Any clue on how I can fix this?

Thank you for the help

My Cars
    13E70X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpower
    I've been having this problem ever since my mechanic adjusted my parking brake a little over a month ago - I will sometimes get a loud clicking noise in the car interior directly beneath the parking brake that is speed sensitive (the clicking is faster when I am going faster). When I pull up the parking brake (slightly) while driving the loud noise completely disappears.

I took the car back to my mechanic last week and he adjusted the parking brake (under the parking brake boot in the interior) for a few minutes. The noise disappeared for a few days but now it is back.

Any clue on how I can fix this?

Thank you for the help

I had the same problem. I re-adjusted it using bentley procedure and now I don't have the problem any longer. BUT, my Emer Brake lever is a little light on initial pull. I plan to replace the parking brake pads in a few weeks and see if I can resolve all these issues.

jjr