Thread: addicted to counter strike need help ASAP

addicted to counter strike need help ASAP

ok heres my problem since i started playing counter strike ive made a problem for myself. 1. I have to play counter strkie everyday or else i wont be relaxed and cant do anything and all i do is think about counter strike. 2. when i sleep my dreams are all about counter strkie. in my dream when im playing counter strike when i die i wake up from sleep. i wake up every 10 minutes, 6 tiems an hour. and my sleeping hours have gotten shorter. 3. i dont have counter strike at home i go to a gamign place and pay 2 bucks an hour to play counter strike. 4. what can i do to stop myself from this dilemma?......thanx

My Cars
    mine
    just stop playing, after a week you won't be going so insane, after 2 you won't care. I used to play it a lot back in the beta days. Haven't played it in over a year and a half

get ghost recon http://www.ghostrecon.com/ it'll make counterstrike look old skool, and you'll never play counterstrike again cuz gr is 10X's better. then you'll be 10x's as addicted.

Actually, you don't know it but playing MP games causes an andrenalin rush. Which in time can become addicting.

1993 325i - Jim C chip, ECIS CAIS, BMP Intake, K&N, fan delete.
    *SOLD* 95///M3 - Engine/Exhaust: Underdrive Pulley, Port & Polished Intake, ECIS Heat Shield, BMP Intake, 9" K&N Filter Charger

My Cars
    inbetween
    been there, hmm...still doing that (2 yrs and counting)

My Cars
    m3, 335d, 335i, g500
    The ideal thing to do would be to find something else you enjoy, and just go cold turkey on that gaming place. Sure quitting stuff like that is hard, but it's worth it. I know lots of kids who play CS all the time - it's all they ever do.

"It never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side." - Charles Manson

My Cars
    02 m roadster
    just stop playing it, or keep playing it and you'll get bored eventually, i hate cs now, so gay, i started beta 4, stopped playing for a while, got back into it at version 1.0 i think, then stopped, and got in for a little bit, and haven't played since
    BALLERWERKS

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    I played a TON over christmas, then stopped cause my brother took his laptop (with the decent video card -- it's slow as hell on this desktop) to school with him, then started again mid-may when he came home.

I had to stop last week because the hard drive on his Compaq bit the dust...it's not so bad, but DAMN do I like Iceworld. I could play that for hours...

Oh, and now I have a girlfriend, too, so I have to spend lots of time with her : : too.

Ben
    http://www.start.at/carfuel
    ^^ Photography Website ^^

My Cars
    M54,M52,EJ25
    I've played Counter-Strike since Gooseman was releasing alpha copies of it to the impatient few in #counterstrike.

It's quite ironic because back then, we couldn't get ANYONE to play it. It was all DM and TFC. There was ONE server and I pinged 350 to it.

I played consistantly through the betas, have had admin on many servers.. even placed #30th worldwide on theclq.com (which isn't too accurate, but none-the-less). I've been banned at least hundreds of times during the "CHEATER!" witch trials (which still exist to this day).

Here's my take: CS stopped being healthy and fun for me in Beta 5. After that point it just made my temper much worse. I got so used to high kill to death ratios that I'd feel like most deaths were BS later (especially after the new netcode). However I had a lot of buddies online and couldn't really stop playing. It's an addicting game, that's for certain.

What's unhealthy, I find, is a lot of times things really don't make sense and tick you off, which somehow makes you want to play more. At a point I uninstalled it so I wouldn't play it - I recognized the damage it was doing. So, apparently, do you.

Though I have it installed now, I've gotten to the point that I can play it only when I want to. I hardly have an addiction to it, nor do I have an aversion. Indifference seems to be the best policy with CS. Get there by uninstalling it for a while, and installing it again at least 1-2 weeks later, and only if you feel like it.

Do other people around you know CS as something other than a time-waster? Their perspective is valuable. You should find something other than CS to do to occupy time that you would be playing it. Oh, and if the servers have stats, don't look at them.

330ci ZHP + ZPP + ZCW - SilberGrau on Black Heated Leather - 6MT - Adaptive+Dynamic Xenons
    328is ZPP - Black on Sand Leather - BBS RX - ZKWs
    Subaru BG Outback 5MT - Blue/Gray - WRX Wheels + Altimax Arctics

My Cars
    2005 330Ci ZHP, Toyota Sequoia
    I was like that for a while. But eventually got bored of it and only play maybe 2 hours a week.
    *H&R Coil Overs*HRE 546*